• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

For those who were in the building, did the ambulances get dispatched to reattach Smith, Jr's ankles after this ...

Dennis, if you don't get help at Charter ... get help somewhere.

He might want to try Sharecare or Emory - the Hawks can provide a referral. :laugh:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

"We challenged our guys at one of the timeouts to just get three stops in a row," Pierce said. "I think we finished the second quarter with 12-of-15 stops. It was just personal pride on the defensive end."

According to Bembry, the Hawks tilted their defense toward the Mavericks' top offensive threats.

"We started locking in and keying on certain players to make other players take shots," Bembry said, "and those defensive plays led us to offense."

Nice adjustment by CLP.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is the stuff of legends, you can't teach this:

When you have a point guard that doesn’t mind pushing the ball up the court, that’s when you know you found something real special..

-Brent Barry 2k

I'm realistically not seeing this team as anything more than bad, but what I am hoping, is that a little crow will have to be eaten, and last night was a good start on that road. 

Certain people were saying that there'd be no blockades, not even veterans to this team trying to be bad, well one huddle was just Vince Carter cursing out the team early (and no coaches there) and it motivated them to pick themselves up and fight back.

The signs are there that they will allow the veterans to mentor, be leaders, and not get in the way while they're here. The question is if they allow it to last all season and I do wonder about that. I bet eventually (if he wants it), they'll trade Vince Carter to a serious contender. But while he's here, they'll let him be the "dad" of the team.

• Like 1

However to add to the above, if as Dedmon is integrated more, Collins comes back, and Justin Anderson is integrated, the defense gets a bit better, maybe a few more games then expected are won.

I tend to lean toward it'll balance out to what I thought, the 25-31 win range.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

(Skraight jakked this from jammmmmal in the DangerZone.  Whatchu gonna do 'bout it, jamammmamml?)

It seems obvious VC said, "b*tch" when he did this ...

Vince like the old crazy head at the park/rec center lol.  "Gimme the rock young fella" proceeds to damn near break the back board shooting a brick.  "One mo!'. Repeat...

• Like 1