• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why I like Huerter

Wurider05

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Surprise Vince ain’t told him to shoot the f***ing ball ...lord knows I would’ve been yelling it 

Several of us were yelling it in the Game thread - most notably @TheNorthCydeRises.  Was 100% with him.  I’m assuming @JayBirdHawk‘s daughter was delivering fevered yells from mom’s lap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Definitely needs to shoot when he is open.  Strange to not see him taking open looks which is what taking the game as it comes should mean doing.

I am excited about his potential.  

Hopefully next time he passes up an open three Vince will give him the death stare.

I have a theory on this. Some college players step right in (see Trae), while others take a lot longer to get comfortable. The difference is the different offensive sets in the pros and the spacing. The Hawks offense at right now is vastly different than what he ran last year that he might honestly not know when to shoot.  Shorter shot clock, rarely moving it around on the perimeter, defensive switching. It has to be very strange as a pure shooter to spot up in the NBA out of college. There is no one committed to your zone. I keep seeing him get antsy feet, like he feels like he needs to drift, but there is no need.  So he just stands there waiting to spot up. I feel, he is getting caught watching. Taking in the sets visually and forgetting his role.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I have a theory on this. Some college players step right in (see Trae), while others take a lot longer to get comfortable. The difference is the different offensive sets in the pros and the spacing. The Hawks offense at right now is vastly different than what he ran last year that he might honestly not know when to shoot.  Shorter shot clock, rarely moving it around on the perimeter, defensive switching. It has to be very strange as a pure shooter to spot up in the NBA out of college. There is no one committed to your zone. I keep seeing him get antsy feet, like he feels like he needs to drift, but there is no need.  So he just stands there waiting to spot up. I feel, he is getting caught watching. Taking in the sets visually and forgetting his role.

Great post. The only thing I'll add is he's more than a spot up shooter,  and can finish at the rim. He seems to be overly worried about the rim protection in the NBA. He's getting by his man easily with a nice first step,  but is getting turnovers  passing too quickly before he fully draws the help defender. I expect him to poster someone soon. He needs to work on his dribble pull up in between game if he feels he can't finish. I think he can finish though and needs to do a bit of both to keep defenders guessing. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Dang!  I miss Huerter and hope he's well and back soon.  We need him.  

Most of all, the Hawks need a win.  It's a vicious circle.  Hawks can't win because they don't win because they can't win since they don't win.

In less than a month now, Collins will be set free and back, active.  Until then, Hawks just hang on and hope something great happens to this team.

:smug:

• Like 1