• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Going to Saturday's game- who else?

frosgrim

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:16 PM, thecampster said:

Thoughts from the new arena.

Much better sight lines from the cheap seats.

The vibe in the new stadium is pretty electric. It has a much better "feel".

The new central scoreboad is amazing, even distracting. I kept noticing I was watching the game on the screen and not the floor.

Concession price changes are a welcome change but concession lines were awful and when I got up there, they didn't have any food ready (Hot Dogs and Pizza vendor), never had cookies even though it was on the board and the food was below par.  Guy near me brought back one of the gourmet burgers and I was very jealous.

As far as the game goes, my perception changed dramatically. Huerter looked much better on the floor overall. Trae really looked to be pressing.  Dedmon on the floor filled up stats but the offense stagnated with him looking out of place (like he was running last year's sets). I'm going to chalk this up to him not having time practicing with the guys.

I was in 222 (upper level- mid court). I was practically eye level with the giant screen, but l just leaned over the railing and looked straight down on the court. For the price, the seats were amazing. Would definitely buy them again. The usher I had was super helpful and was nice to everyone who came into the section. 

Completely agree the concessions need a major management overhaul. They really missed on that part of the arena.