• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The official start Jeremy Lin Thread

NBASupes

Start him now

Haven't agreed with many negative Trae takes but his confidence is definitely shook. He looked shockingly disinterested....I'm sure a lot of the haters and lay in the shade "I told you so" idiots will come out, but this display tonight was awful. My G-League playing nephew would do much better!

If Lin hadn't set a fire under his arse, it should have....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lin is definitely outplaying him right now. 

Coach should sit down with him and let him know he needs to earn it back. Look, playing point guard is hard - especially as a rookie. But man, he doesn't deserve that starting spot right now. 

We do need better coaching, though. 

And while we're benching guys, bench Baze when he returns and Prince. Seriously. 

• Like 3

Bazemore is actually good. Prince is the one we should drop from the starters. Honestly it seems like whichever big we start, sucks and then the other is good off the bench. That says that neither is a starter, just backup bigs who are best off the bench.

1 minute ago, TheTruth said:

Coach should sit down with him and let him know he needs to earn it back. Look, playing point guard is hard - especially as a rookie. But man, he doesn't deserve that starting spot right now. 

And while we're benching guys, bench Baze when he returns and Prince. Seriously. 

Lin and Trae would be effective in spurts.  Lin is upping his game and need be one of the only ones apt to get Trae some better looks. It's up to Trae though to convert.

3 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

Putting Collin Sexton on the bench wasn't helping him.  Now that he's the starter, he's looking damn good.

Sitting Trae down doesn't do any good at this point.  He's had a rough last 2 weeks.  And he can't throw the ball into the ocean. 

What he can do, is still facilitate and get into the paint to score.   Until his jumper comes around, that's what he should be doing.  But to do that, he needs to be playing with people who can either score the basketball, or finish at the rim.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Putting Collin Sexton on the bench wasn't helping him.  Now that he's the starter, he's looking damn good.

Sitting Trae down doesn't do any good at this point.  He's had a rough last 2 weeks.  And he can't throw the ball into the ocean. 

What he can do, is still facilitate and get into the paint to score.   Until his jumper comes around, that's what he should be doing.  But to do that, he needs to be playing with people who can either score the basketball, or finish at the rim.

Sexton is better than Trae. Trae just got the potential but once teams pressure his shots, he becomes Kendall Marshall and v. Great perimeter defensive teams like Boston, he struggles tremendously. I just want Trae to do well but he is struggling badly 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Sexton is better than Trae. Trae just got the potential but once teams pressure his shots, he becomes Kendall Marshall and v. Great perimeter defensive teams like Boston, he struggles tremendously. I just want Trae to do well but he is struggling badly 

He was missing them in warm ups

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wow.  What a difference two weeks makes.  If you're telling me who's playing better at the moment, it's Sexton. But no, Sexton is not better than Trae.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Have you seen Sexton on late. He has been sound.

That doesn't make him better.  He's scoring and middling with his assists.  I said two weeks.  That doesn't make him better than Trae.  To each his own though...

Here's the deal though.  I expect up and down Trae.  Until his shot is worked out, he much better than Sexton at getting teammates involved.  Would you take 10 pts and 10 assists per night from Trae?  I would because he's making it easier for his teammates to score.  He can be a that without his shot.  Sexton can't.  Look at his (Sexton) game and you'll see that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Okay bro...slow your roll.  There is a monster difference right now between what the starters and bench are trying to accomplish offensively.  The starters are slowing things down right now working on ball handling, getting into 1/2 court sets.  The bench is being encouraged to still run and gun.  Go back and watch last night's game and you'll see it.  They're working on things right now like its practice.  Its driving me nuts but it'll be okay eventually. 

My best guess is Pierce saw something he didn't like in the run and gun from Prince's massive turnover numbers, Trae's quick 30 footers 7 seconds into the shot clock and certain players not running the floor because they're trailing the play and know they won't get involved. They're working on things right now.  Biggest issue is the mismatch of Trae and Dedmon's skillset as well as Baze and Prince's tendency to gravitate to the same spots on the floor. If I were guessing by what I'm seeing, they're forcing some things to: A) send messages and B) improving spacing.  I'm thinking Pierce actually doesn't like Dedmon and was trying to showcase him for trade value and its backfired.

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No one was believing that Sexton was better than Trae a month ago, when Trae was eating his lunch.   As for the pressure getting to Trae, I agree.  But that's when the coach has to put personnel groupings in the game that can alleviate some of that pressure off of him.

What's not being said in the Trae struggles, is that this is more of an indictment on Pierce, than Trae.  Because it's just not Trae struggling.  It's the entire team.   The whole, "playing with pace" is garbage.   Because the teams that are at the top of the standings that are playing with pace, are also playing defense.   If you can't play defense, you must slow the game down.   They have to pick and choose when to run.  Running just to be running, is what is leading to all of those turnovers.

And all of those 3 point misses lead to long rebounds, which fuel 3 on 3 and 4 on 3 fast breaks for the other team.

Forget Trae adjusting, let's see if the coach can adjust.  If not, he won't be here past Christmas of next season . . . unless that's Schlenk's plan all along.

• Like 1