• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The official start Jeremy Lin Thread

NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I never doubted Trae for one second. My slate is clean on this. 

We were in the minority though. I have to admit I too was a little nervous during November but Trae still showed flashes of elite PG play during his shooting slump. I had a 15ppg 5apg season as the best case scenario for him before the season started. He blew that out of the water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hawkman said:

We were in the minority though. I have to admit I too was a little nervous during November but Trae still showed flashes of elite PG play during his shooting slump. I had a 15ppg 5apg season as the best case scenario for him before the season started. He blew that out of the water.

True. Had to call people down for a couple months. They kept calling him a bust I’m like give the guy at least a few games dang. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Trae being a baller was my best prediction since that other bet i made a few years ago.  

On another note though, I really like Lin, seems like a great guy and all the effort is there but i was disappointed in his game watching it regularly.  Maybe it's post injury but I didn't think he showed skills of an nba starter at all.   He's a solid backup point.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Trae being a baller was my best prediction since that other bet i made a few years ago.  

On another note though, I really like Lin, seems like a great guy and all the effort is there but i was disappointed in his game watching it regularly.  Maybe it's post injury but I didn't think he showed skills of an nba starter at all.   He's a solid backup point.  

Yes and since you’ve made that bet, Boston has thrived with Ainge at the helm and are threatening to dominate the east with Kyrie (from the IT trade) for the next decade plus...

Reality: oops 😬 no they won’t they botched the whole thing up with the Kyrie trade...

🤐

Nice to be on the right side of history on this.  I still say that coach wasn't doing enough to make Trae's job easier.  Around Christmas, his shot selection started to change, and he really started attacking the paint and shooting the floater.  Once his shot started to come around ( because he wasn't looking to strictly take ridiculously long 30 footers on each three ), he became a lot more efficient.

Next step is for him to become a consistent shooter from deep, not just a streak 3 point shooter.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nice to be on the right side of history on this.  I still say that coach wasn't doing enough to make Trae's job easier.  Around Christmas, his shot selection started to change, and he really started attacking the paint and shooting the floater.  Once his shot started to come around ( because he wasn't looking to strictly take ridiculously long 30 footers on each three ), he became a lot more efficient.

Next step is for him to become a consistent shooter from deep, not just a streak 3 point shooter.

Agree.  Although we also need to recognize that it was an entirely new team, new coach.  It wasn't just Trae struggling in November.  His assist numbers would have been crazy had our guys shot respectably early on.   

LP really did a great job and I was skeptical at first.   This is going to be a good year.

Trae probably lost out on over a hundred assists because of Len alone. Took Len until about the last twenty games to get used to the incredible passing of Trae. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 5/28/2019 at 9:04 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Old Threads a Comedy Gold!! :hehe:

The impatience after 19 games :laugh1:.

Runs to see how bad things look....:superstition:

On 11/24/2018 at 3:19 PM, AHF said:

Bench Trae?  Smh

Has it been too long since you cried to bench Peyton Manning during his rough rookie season?  Let the kid develop and give him the time on the floor to do so.

Lin is unlikely to be seen in Atlanta after this season.

:whew::peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I was going to call the OP an idiot and completely short minded and then I realized I was the OP 🤢.

Funniest thing I've read on the interwebs today :laugh1::laugh1:.

I think I'll be laffing all day tomorrow as well.

Thanks @NBASupes

• Haha 1