• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He could bust, but I wouldn't bet on it. He has too many tools and he has a lot of potential. You are talking about a range of Gerald Wallace to KL. That was ths same curve for KL. I wouldn't count him out.

He is a safer prospect than Reddish for most teams and it's not even close.

Disagree and I’ll just leave it at that. Cam is a basketball player by nature and natural movements. Nas movements look very forced and artificial to me.

We agreed on Bagley, Trae and others. This is the first one I don’t see eye to eye with you. It happens. Like I said, if we draft him I hope you are right 🤞🏽 and I would gladly eat crow.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Disagree and I’ll just leave it at that. Cam is a basketball player by nature and natural movements. Nas movements look very forced and artificial to me.

We agreed on Bagley, Trae and others. This is the first one I don’t see eye to eye with you. It happens. Like I said, if we draft him I hope you are right 🤞🏽 and I would gladly eat crow.

It happens, hell me and KB disagree on everything and we agreed on Trae and Kevin. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It happens, hell me and KB disagree on everything and we agreed on Trae and Kevin. 

😆 is he back? Oh man. I feel like he’s coming back before the draft. Like a few days and just jump into the mix like nothing happened with his 18 win prediction. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 is he back? Oh man. I feel like he’s coming back before the draft. Like a few days and just jump into the mix like nothing happened with his 18 win prediction. 

I was looking at some of old content. That was the only thing we agreed on was actually Trae. I didn't even watch one Maryland game in 17-2018. Then again, it was you who I agreed with the most. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I was looking at some of old content. That was the only thing we agreed on was actually Trae. I didn't even watch one Maryland game in 17-2018. Then again, it was you who I agreed with the most. 

Ya, we agreed on almost everything! Only thing this year would be Nas and Culver for the most part.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya, we agreed on almost everything! Only thing this year would be Nas and Culver for the most part.

I don't dislike your Culver takes, I just don't see the same upside. I see Rip Hamilton, Steve Smith, Jalen Rose, type player. You see Pippen. Then again, you see Stan Johnson for Nas, I see Gerald Wallace if all goes right, the Klaw. I do like Culver defensive upside more than the others that I compare him to. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't dislike your Culver takes, I just don't see the same upside. I see Rip Hamilton, Steve Smith, Jalen Rose, type player. You see Pippen. Then again, you see Stan Johnson for Nas, I see Gerald Wallace if all goes right, the Klaw. I do like Culver defensive upside more than the others that I compare him to. 

👍🏼 I wasn’t the one with Pipp but I agreed with @kg01 on that. I cross sports referenced Jerry Rice though coming from a small school that doesn’t excel in basketball often, he took Texas Tech to the championship game with not a lot of help. Man, 10 days away! Yes sirrrrr!

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

👍🏼 I wasn’t the one with Pipp but I agreed with @kg01 on that. I cross sports referenced Jerry Rice though coming from a small school that doesn’t excel in basketball often, he took Texas Tech to the championship game with not a lot of help. Man, 10 days away! Yes sirrrrr!

Texas Tech has been a successful Basketball team with Chris Beard. Are you going to give that credit to Culver instead? 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Texas Tech has been a successful Basketball team with Chris Beard. Are you going to give that credit to Culver instead? 

I’m just saying they never made it with any other player that I remember. I don’t even remember another player coming from there. Darvin Ham? I think he was on there because I remember his sports illustrated front page dunk from back in the day.

Not too much knowledge on their coach? Prolly deserves a ton of credit as well. Not my area. I just like what I see in Culver a lot.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m just saying they never made it with any other player that I remember. I don’t even remember another player coming from there. Darvin Ham? I think he was on there because I remember his sports illustrated front page dunk from back in the day.

Not too much knowledge on their coach? Prolly deserves a ton of credit as well. Not my area. I just like what I see in Culver a lot.

They made the elite eight last year and had Zhaire Smith drafted #16 overall.

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

They made the elite eight last year and had Zhaire Smith drafted #16 overall.

Fantastic but there’s a difference between being an elite 8 team and getting to the championship game. Such as there are a difference in players like ur aforementioned Zhaire and Culver. Not many remember every elite team every year but you generally remember who made the championship game.

But like I said, the coach is probably doing a fantastic job but without Culver he’s not sniffing anything. My point being Culver went to a small basketball school.

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Fantastic but there’s a difference between being an elite 8 team and getting to the championship game. Such as there are a difference in players like ur aforementioned Zhaire and Culver. Not many remember every elite team every year but you generally remember who made the championship game.

But like I said, the coach is probably doing a fantastic job but without Culver he’s not sniffing anything. My point being Culver went to a small basketball school.

Beard recruited insanely good and hit on transfers. 

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Both years they lost to the eventual national champions.  They were better this year but it wasn't a black and white thing.

Not sure what sniffing anything means but no coach gets anywhere without good players.  How Beard does going forward will say a lot about him but he has already done a ton as far as upgrading that team's talent, including beyond Culver.  

Not sure if you are making the case that making the finals shows Culver is a better prospect but that seems questionable at best given that a lot of coaches do very well without guys who become great NBA players and teams with great NBA talent routinely come up short because of the NCAA one-and-done format.  (Duke this year makes that case, for example.)