• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

So why are we on the trade? I don't get it, I prefer to keep pick 10 on this draft tha to have 2  picks from Dallas that can be higher than 20.

Since Dallas gets nothing in the deal...I'm pretty sure he means another team's picks.

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I don't know, Reddish, Fernando or Kabengele.. do you think they cannot contribute from day 1? I think they can. At 10 either if we go Hunter, Sekou or Clarke, I think they can play as well.

Prince is gone and probably Dedmon too, their minutes can go to Cam and Fernando. Carter and Baze minutes can go for a forward psrospect easily. Is not like Trae, Len, Collins and Huerter are still developing, they can already play and we have added Crabbe.

I suggested that I don't think we'll have enough minutes to feed 3 rookies.  Not that none of them will be able to start.  Last year we fed Trae and Huert.  Next year those two and Collins will be our minutes leaders with Baze, Crabbe, Len, (hopefully) and Dedmon playing significant minutes.  I expect we'll sign a useful vet or two in FA and then add in our rookies.  My expectation is there will be substantial minutes to feed to two of them but that three of them being ready and having minutes in the rotation for them is a bit of a long shot.  

When was the last time a team drafted 3 players 8 or later and they were ready to go on day 1?

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I really really hope NY Knicks get AD now. 

They got a 4 team deal where we get 

Both Dallas picks, 2021 1st (unprotected) and 2023 top 10 protected for #10. 

Washington gets #3, Frank N. and Solo Hill

New Orleans gets Beal, Mitchell Robinson, Knox and 2020 1st round pick.

Knicks get AD

Everyone wins this deal to me way more. The LA deal, Washington don't get a star. The Hawks don't get screwed. Everyone wins! 

Washington is listening to Beal offers and both teams have called. 

Also, the Hawks have called about AD as well. It's not anywhere near as strong as the others. Atlanta doesn't want to trade the farm for obvious reasons. Portland been aggressive as has Denver. 

#10 for 2021 1st (unprotected)  and 2023 1st (top 10 protected)  - really?

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I really really hope NY Knicks get AD now. 

They got a 4 team deal where we get 

Both Dallas picks, 2021 1st (unprotected) and 2023 top 10 protected for #10. 

Washington gets #3, Frank N. and Solo Hill

New Orleans gets Beal, Mitchell Robinson, Knox and 2020 1st round pick.

Knicks get AD

So where is our #10 pick going to? NY? NOP?

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I was actively campaigning last year to trade down and take Trae.  I am actively campaigning this year to trade up for RJ Barrrett. IMHO There are 3 stars in this draft and a bunch of roles players and Barrett is the best NBA fit among the stars.

I’m all for going to 3 and getting RJ or to 5 for Culver depending on the price. Go big or go home this could be our last big impact draft. Starting next year we should be adding pieces to the core. This pick could be part of the already 2 star studded team!

So is all this talk of the 4 team trade legit? 

Just checking in at the half of Game 5 to see what has been brewing today.

Also does anyone think Grant Williams (Tennessee) at 17?  I think he reminds me of a more skilled Charles Barkley from back in the day. Just trying to watch some highlights of some of the players that might be hanging around that 15-20 window and he caught my eye.

16 minutes ago, enrique said:

So is all this talk of the 4 team trade legit? 

Just checking in at the half of Game 5 to see what has been brewing today.

Also does anyone think Grant Williams (Tennessee) at 17?  I think he reminds me of a more skilled Charles Barkley from back in the day. Just trying to watch some highlights of some of the players that might be hanging around that 15-20 window and he caught my eye.

No.  Always pass on college, bully-ball 4's that relied on college refs whistles.

We could just sign Trevor Booker or Jarnell Stokes if you like that type of player and neither would cost us a 1st.

Scofield or Bone are better picks in round 2.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No.  Always pass on college, bully-ball 4's that relied on college refs whistles.

We could just sign Trevor Booker or Jarnell Stokes if you like that type of player and neither would cost us a 1st.

Scofield or Bone are better picks in round 2.

Bone 🦴 huh? Well ya do likem stiff.

I’d love to draft Grant Williams if I can find his neck. 😂 I kid great kid. If we get him then we know that Schlenk likes girth and most likely no 🦴 for the ragin cagin! 

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Most mocks have Bruno going after 22.  I was not one who said Bruno should go top 10 but I also don't think he's 21-30 either.  IMHO he's a teens prospect and if you're taking him, 17 is a great get.

Bruno should go in the top 10.  And the GMs who pass on him are going to regret it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

For your viewing pleasure.  I'd take this kid at 10 no second thoughts. 

Cam at 8 - SG/SF

Sekou at 10 - SF/PF

Talk about upside!!!

Also, at 7:18 you can clearly see Travis Schlenk in the background.  He may be a Hawk come next week! 🙂

• Like 1