• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

56 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

All credibility goes out the window with statements like this.  Truly a statement meant to instigate rather than be intellectual and factual in any way.  Troll on!

I don't see it that way. Doncic a better play maker; no contest. But could RJ end up being a better scorer and defender? Possibly. This is the upside with RJ in my opinion: an elite two way player. I don't think Doncic has that potential at all.

• Like 1

Nice info Supes. I wonder who the Pels are high on.. assuming they keep the pick I can see them passing on Culver. There's some major spacing issues with Ball, Ingram, Zion & now Culver. Garland to 4 seems to be picking up some steam for the Pels but I still think they select Hunter. Which leaves Culver to the Cavs (unless they're really low on Sexton as a PG) and paves way for Garland & White landing Phoenix & Chicago with leaves us with Reddish. Wishful thinking of course but I hope this scenario plays out.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't say, he so over all the place, I just don't know. 

Sounds like he is exploring every possible deal out there.  Which is what he should be doing.  Unless you hold one of the very top picks in a draft with one or more superstars at the top (think Shaq, Duncan, etc.), you shouldn't be locked in and should be open to listening to offers to trade up or down.  See where there is value to be found.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sounds like he is desperately to trade the 10 pick

To move up; probably with one of our 2nd rounders thrown in. Schlenk stated he does not want six rookies. I do think there is someone he likes a lot in the 3 - 6 range. Is he desperate? I doubt it. But if making phone calls is deemed desperate, every GM is desperate.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

To move up; probably with one of our 2nd rounders thrown in. Schlenk stated he does not want six rookies. I do think there is someone he likes a lot in the 3 - 6 range. Is he desperate? I doubt it. But if making phone calls is deemed desperate, every GM is desperate.

We aren't hearing that 2nd round picks are on the table....Most of the noise is about the 3 1st round picks

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

We aren't hearing that 2nd round picks are on the table....Most of the noise is about the 3 1st round picks

I think the negotiations are not over and firmly believe if a 2nd round pick thrown in can get it done, then it will get done. One rumor that was swirling was a package of 2nds to get OKC's 21st pick. I've not heard much on that in about a week.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We have heard rumors involving the 2nd round picks but I hear you and would just say that I am sure teams are interested in those picks and that Schlenk is exploring all kinds of moves.  I'm doubly sure the media is excited to speculate about scenarios where teams get 2 or 3 of our picks because that is a splashy hypothetical to throw out.  Right now is the peak of GMs leaking false information, reporters speculating and GMs turning over rocks to see what is out there.  

Smoke doesn't always mean fire this time of year.  Until something firm comes out, we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

We have heard rumors involving the 2nd round picks but I hear you and would just say that I am sure teams are interested in those picks and that Schlenk is exploring all kinds of moves.  I'm doubly sure the media is excited to speculate about scenarios where teams get 2 or 3 of our picks because that is a splashy hypothetical to throw out.  Right now is the peak of GMs leaking false information, reporters speculating and GMs turning over rocks to see what is out there.  

Smoke doesn't always mean fire this time of year.  Until something firm comes out, we'll just have to wait and see.

Still not really over trading that second round pick last year when we could have drafted Mitchell Robinson

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Still not really over trading that second round pick last year when we could have drafted Mitchell Robinson

We will definitely do something to reduce our picks this season.  Schlenk has no intention of carrying 6 rookies on the roster.  We'll combine to trade up, deal picks for a vet, trade for future picks, draft a foreign player we can stash overseas, etc. to avoid having that many rookies on the roster.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

We will definitely do something to reduce our picks this season.  Schlenk has no intention of carrying 6 rookies on the roster.  We'll combine to trade up, deal picks for a vet, trade for future picks, draft a foreign player we can stash overseas, etc. to avoid having that many rookies on the roster.

I still don't understand this rational...Last year we had all kinds of rookies and G-leaguers not just on the roster but playing.  J. Adams was our back up point guard the last 30 games plus.  So whats the downside?

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I still don't understand this rational...Last year we had all kinds of rookies and G-leaguers not just on the roster but playing.  J. Adams was our back up point guard the last 30 games plus.  So whats the downside?

Many reasons....

Young teams need vets to help with the transition to traveling all year playing 41 games on the road. And just how to behave in general. Its a full time job that requires full time dedication not to mention all the trouble a young millionaire can get into. Good mentors should be a requirement and the more the merrier.

You have that saying about quality over quantity; and that other one should we move some of them for future 2nds that involves putting all your eggs in one basket.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Many reasons....

Young teams need vets to help with the transition to traveling all year playing 41 games on the road. And just how to behave in general. Its a full time job that requires full time dedication not to mention all the trouble a young millionaire can get into. Good mentors should be a requirement and the more the merrier.

You have that saying about quality over quantity; and that other one should we move some of them for future 2nds that involves putting all your eggs in one basket.

They had 4 rookies on the team last year...Why was it not a problem last year but now it is a problem...If they want to trade or select 2 stash 2nd rounders or even a couple of injured player with potential..do that instead of giving away 1st round picks

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It’s tradition damnit! 😊 Ok fine your right it’s weird but vets are needed to guide the young guys I guess a bit. Vince was huge with our younguns last year. You always need a couple of those guys sprinkled in with some G leaguers, some journeymen on one year deals, some rooks too. 

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

They had 4 rookies on the team last year...Why was it not a problem last year but now it is a problem...If they want to trade or select 2 stash 2nd rounders or even a couple of injured player with potential..do that instead of giving away 1st round picks

Not giving away! We are in a sense putting our assets on hold. I will grant you that we seem to be getting less on the dollar than expected.

My guess is we carry 2-3 rookies this year on our roster.