• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

Just now, NBASupes said:

I wish people wouldn't list contingency deals to hype up value for something no one wants to move for 

I don't see any contingency deals; but I do think the Pelicans are in a good spot. Not just for us but for anyone who wants one of those point guards.

Just now, Buzzard said:

I don't see any contingency deals; but I do think the Pelicans are in a good spot. Not just for us but for anyone who wants one of those point guards.

They are but they aren't. I bet they aren't getting any top 5 protected deals but top 10 with in three years, two 2nd deals. Luka is not in this class. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

They are but they aren't. I bet they aren't getting any top 5 protected deals but top 10 with in three years, two 2nd deals. Luka is not in this class. 

Getting a Fox like player would be special for anyone without a PG. Just saying, not everyone has to be Luka or Trae if a PG is needed.

ESPN Live Mock has us taking

8- Reddish

10 - Hayes

17 - Alexander-Walker

No is having us take two bigs. Everyone of the shows does not think we are keeping 10; and possibly moving 8 and 10 to trade up.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Garland and White aren't Fox

Fox was not thought to be Fox when he was drafted. In fact, a lot thought he was a bust after being picked by the Kings and his 1st season struggles.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

If we trade up, do it because we really, really like a player. Don't do it because we don't too many rookies.

If we move up, that is the reason. If we move 10 or 17 for future assets, its because we don't think a lot of this draft class. Getting extra picks in the 1st draft class with high school players could be a game changer. Having future picks for future trades is another reason.

We ( fans ) are short sighted and always think the next Leonard or George is there for all our picks. So we must keep them. The truth is there is not always a MVP in every draft class; much less once you get outside of the top five.

Has hayes draft Stock been rising in the past few days?   NBADraft.net now has us taking hayes with the 8thpick instead of 10.  For many weeks they had us taking Cam at 8 now  he has been pushed back to 10th.  Lots of Mock Boards have Hayes back in the top 10.  Does anyone know if we like Hayes?

2 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Has hayes draft Stock been rising in the past few days?   NBADraft.net now has us taking hayes with the 8thpick instead of 10.  For many weeks they had us taking Cam at 8 now  he has been pushed back to 10th.  Lots of Mock Boards have Hayes back in the top 10.  Does anyone know if we like Hayes?

He has been steady at 10 in most mocks but some have him going higher. In one I saw he went to the Wizards at 9.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

7. Reddish 

8. Culver

Love them both but starting to love Culver more even though Cam has more talent and a better fit for us. I just think Culver will bust his a$$ for us more than Cam. Cam’s smoothness is pretty though it’s very Tmac like I’m not mad either way.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

There aren’t any Luka’s but if we use assets to get to 4 and draft RJ if Garland goes to NY at 3, then we made out really well imo at a reasonable cost. I guess it’s the 8 and 10 rumored. We still would get to draft a big at 17. Goganani, kg’s guy or Kabengele. Best 1/3 passing immediately Trae and RJ, at least within 2 years. Vision of the court would be off the charts. Only downfall is less ball handling usage for Trae. But can we prolong Trae’s career by having him play off the ball and just run him around screens while RJ patrolled. 

Many options but most likely Cam/Culver.

Also, despite his size, I’m slowly getting off wanting Hunter. For some reason I see him not getting much better than what he is at the moment which is a fringe starter as we had in Prince. I do understand he’s a forward though and as you mentioned we need some badly.

This draft is weak af after 3. 

Little and Sekou are the only potential All Stars after 3 in general. Little got all the athletic ability and size he severely lacks feel for the game and BBIQ. Sekou has a lot of talent but he is mirried with consistent issues and he needs to time to adjust. 

Culver and Hunter are role player af. Hunter is a rich man's P.J. Tucker. Culver is a modern Jalen Rose. None of them got star potential. 

Garland is less athletic and slower but better shooting and finishing Brandon Jennings Basketball wise. He ain't not f***ing Dame Lillard. 

Coby White is either Gilbert Arenas or he's bigger less polished Ty Lawson. He got the best comparisons but he going to have to prove a lot to show he can play in this league. 

Cam Reddish is the most Josh Smith like prospect I've seen since Josh Smith. Where his many strengths can be canceled out by his his many severe flaws. 

Elite in space player. Historically bad in traffic player. 

Elite stride speed. Low Motor, never runs full speed. 

Feel for space. Poor decision maker in traffic. Reaction player, just better at reacting over taking what the defense gives him or making the defense work. 

This clip shows his mindset which is great for us, not so much for most. 

Cam strengths can be wiped out by his weaknesses to ways even Josh Smith didn't have. The positives for Smoove was as all as his athleticism was elite, he was going to be a net positive and have an impact. The negatives is Cam actually has some bust potential while Josh has little bust potential. The positives for Cam is he can go to the right system/personnel/fit/gravity which lowers his exposure to his weaknesses and plays into his elite strengths. This means he could be a star, maybe even superstar. On the other hand, Josh negatives is that he never would be a true all star type and could never be someone who is truly more than a 6th man on a championship team. Josh negatives capped his ceiling even if his positives helped his floor. 

Bol Bol is another that's just like Cam. The situation has to be ideal, right and unlike Cam, you need to build around Bol. 

Hayes has limited skill. His strengths are freakish functional athleticism, will, and potential. He is literally not a good player at all. 

NAW and Herro give Donte D vibes. 

Langsford and KPJ are raw as hell, KPJ is more gifted but uncoachable. 

P.J. Washington is Carl Landry Jr. prospect wise

Grant Williams is Marcus Landry Jr.  prospect wise

Rui is similar to a bigger Kyle Kuzma.  prospect wise

Goga is an athletic Memo Okur prospect wise

Bruno is Brad Miller meets explosiveness.  prospect wise

Kabs is Nene with more range.  prospect wise

Claxton is Noah meets JJJ meets Mikki Moore prospect wise

K.Z. Okpala is like Ariza meets a better basketball body prospect wise

Cam Johnson is Michael Porter Jr with no real skill and athletic ability as well as physically peaked. 

Last year's draft from 13-36 reminds me of this year's draft from 4-23. 

A lot of what ifs. This is clearly better than 2016 but it's lacking compared to 2017 and 2018. 

Ain't no one worth moving up for. 

R.J., Ja and Zion are the only ones that would be highly touted in last year's draft if added from this year. 

Let me change that from 4-23 to 4-44. You can make a case that Kyle Guy, Chuma Okeke, Jontay Porter, Darius Bazley have just as much of a chance to be great as Culver, Hunter, Herro, Garland, etc if not more. This draft is deep af and weak af.