• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

Seems like PJ Washington thinks the impressed the Hawks

1 minute ago, txsting said:

I wonder what the Hawks think of Sekou after the workout and interview.  If he is there at 10, you'd have to think he gets a real hard look.  It's really hard for me to put an opinion on a guy I haven't seen so I'm not going to say we should or shouldn't....willing to trust Schlenk and the boys.

Yup I sure hope so! I still want #8 Reddish #10 Sekou 17# best player available....if Sekou is not there I want either Goga or Brandon Clarke 

If we stay put, and assuming we want a wing at 8, i'm afraid the choices are going to be down to Hunter, Nas, and Sekou.  I think Culver is on a higher tier, and I think somebody will bite on Cam.  I hope I'm wrong, because I'm really not okay with that.  I guess we would have to pick Hunter in that case.  Maybe Sekou at 10 if they really really like him.  I don't think we will reach for a big at 10.

If we can't get an NCAA wing we like; maybe we just say "f*** it" and wait to collect that piece on the free agent market when it is time.  In that case, pick Sekou and Clarke perhaps (two guys who can defend most any position on the floor), and favorite big at 17.  Maybe a backup PG in the second round.   My goodness I'm glad I'm not Schlenk right now.  It's really difficult to maximize your value when you have so many choices.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In your opinion, who is a better player?

Tyler Herro or Grayson Allen?

At the same age, definitely Herro.  Bear in mind Allen was born in 1995 and Herro in 2000 so Grayson should be better next year.

Oh wow! Sekou workout with the Spurs and they loved him. We might have a partner to dance with at 10. 

10 for 19/29. 

This also gives us the legit package of

29/35/41 to possibly move back into the teens.

Could 17/18/19 be a reality. I hope so. So many players in that range I really like.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Oh wow! Sekou workout with the Spurs and they loved him. We might have a partner to dance with at 10. 

10 for 19/29. 

Could 17/18/19 be a reality. I hope so. So many players in that range I really like.

If Sekou is there at 10 I'd just straight up take him. Hayes as well.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

10 for 19/29. 

Nooo!  Just take Sekou.  There is a reason the Spurs love him.  

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

If Sekou is there at 10 I'd just straight up take him. Hayes as well.

There is a strong belief that if Atlanta passes on him at 10, if Boston don't take him at 14, he will fall to the late teens. His stock is rangy.

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

There is a strong belief that if Atlanta passes on him at 10, if Boston don't take him at 14, he will fall to the late teens. His stock is rangy.

I am pretty convinced Washington will take him (because I want him at 10).  Are they supposed to be out on him now?

Just now, AHF said:

Probably because he got the 5th best potential in general in this class. That's probably why

Just now, AHF said:

I am pretty convinced Washington will take him (because I want him at 10).  Are they supposed to be out on him now?

Nassir Little is who they are locking into. 

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Probably because he got the 5th best potential in general in this class. That's probably why

We should be swinging for high potential rather than volume picks of role players.  

Just now, AHF said:

We should be swinging for high potential rather than volume picks of role players.  

I think we will draft to our system or style of play. Just from what I am hearing. Everyone I talk to said that 10th pick is aggressively on the market. It been like this for awhile.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

10 for 19/29. 

I’m not doing 10 for 19/29. That’s not good in any draft.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

This.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think we will draft to our system or style of play. Just from what I am hearing. Everyone I talk to said that 10th pick is aggressively on the market. It been like this for awhile.

Schlenk has earned my trust but I won't react well if we pass on Sekou for 19/29.  

This one isn't the best in the world but there is a lot of pick value data and it lines up to the same conclusion:  your odds of getting an impact player diminish pretty rapidly as you progress through the first round in the draft.

http://82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

Don't pass on a high upside guy like Sekou.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You know, you are right. Still think they would do it.

The Spurs have gotten a lot of gifts 🎁 in the last 20 years...I don’t want to give them another one. I mean I love Pop and all but it’s our turn.

Do the Spurs really like him? If so, just take him lol. I trust their intel. 

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Schlenk has earned my trust but I won't react well if we pass on Sekou for 19/29.  

This one isn't the best in the world but there is a lot of pick value data and it lines up to the same conclusion:  your odds of getting an impact player diminish pretty rapidly in the draft.

http://82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

Don't pass on a high upside guy like Sekou.

Would you take Sekou over Cam at 8?

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

The Spurs have gotten a lot of gifts 🎁 in the last 20 years...I don’t want to give them another one. I mean I love Pop and all but it’s our turn.

Do the Spurs really like him? If so, just take him lol. I trust their intel. 

Spot on.

Would you take Sekou over Cam at 8?

No but if Schlenk took Sekou at 8 over Cam I'd be fine with it.  If he thinks Reddish isn't that great and Sekou will emerge as a star in a few years, I'm good with that based on his track record.

Just now, AHF said:

Spot on.

No but if Schlenk took Sekou at 8 over Cam I'd be fine with it.  If he thinks Reddish isn't that great and Sekou will emerge as a star in a few years, I'm good with that based on his track record.

Ya. Me too. Giving Schlenk the draft benefit of the doubt until he fails us. Happy with Collins Trae and Huerter so far.