• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes a tad confusing write up there by Supes I wasn’t sure if he meant us or Pels want Hunter at 4. I don’t imagine we trade up to 4 for Hunter but anything is possible.

It was late so I might have had a few typos. 

Pelicans want Hunter but are targeting a trade down. They don't want to move out of the top 9. That will be difficult. Also Cleveland coach wants Hunter, the consensus is still split but Coach will get his guy.

Hunter who worked out late for teams was a hr. It seems like everyone who worked him out moved him up the board. 

4 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I’m sure Supes was trying to say that Hunter is the Pels pick but they’re exploring trading back to pick him up so they can get another asset along the way

This. They want to move back for Hunter but they want Hunter. 

The interest is also real from CLE. 

I don't know if NO can get Hunter if they move back.

Edited:

He said there is more trade talk than ever on players with multiple years on contracts and mid-late 1st round picks. Said that New Orleans is being extremely active trying to move up and down the board. Said, the Hawks control the draft but the Pelicans control the top half.

I do want to confirm, the Pelicans want DeAndre Hunter but they want to move back from #4 to get him with hopes of enticing the Bulls to move up from #7. 

He said the Bulls have interest in moving up only if the terms are reasonable. Lottery protected pick with 2nd round rollover which didn't sit well with NO. The Pelicans want a better offer. 

He said NO wants to trade but not fall out of the top 8-9 (He said top 9 on the phone) and he doesn't see an avenue since no one want to offer what the Pels consider a great value to move up within that range.

I forgot two mention, MIN is talking but the cost is significantly high especially since NO is wanting to stay in the top 9.

Hawks currently believe 1 of the 3 players they covet will be there at 8 and feel no urgency to trade up from 8. Any trades moving up will be from picks that are NOT #8. I missed this because I felt it was obvious and TS been pushing this message from the jump. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Edited:

He said there is more trade talk than ever on players with multiple years on contracts and mid-late 1st round picks. Said that New Orleans is being extremely active trying to move up and down the board. Said, the Hawks control the draft but the Pelicans control the top half.

I do want to confirm, the Pelicans want DeAndre Hunter but they want to move back from #4 to get him with hopes of enticing the Bulls to move up from #7. 

He said the Bulls have interest in moving up only if the terms are reasonable. Lottery protected pick with 2nd round rollover which didn't sit well with NO. The Pelicans want a better offer. 

He said NO wants to trade but not fall out of the top 8-9 (He said top 9 on the phone) and he doesn't see an avenue since no one want to offer what the Pels consider a great value to move up within that range.

I forgot two mention, MIN is talking but the cost is significantly high especially since NO is wanting to stay in the top 9.

Hawks currently believe 1 of the 3 players they covet will be there at 8 and feel no urgency to trade up from 8. Any trades moving up will be from picks that are NOT #8. I missed this because I felt it was obvious and TS been pushing this message from the jump. 

8 and 10 is in play to get 4. They are even saying we may send a 2nd and take on Solomon Hill. Travis wants one of Barrett, Culver, or Hunter real bad. But New Orleans is also wanting a established vet if they can get one. I don't think the Pelicans want anything to do with Wiggins.

The Pelicans need a center to put next to Zion and there are plenty to be had at 8 or 10. In addition, they could also add tweeners like Reddish, Sekou, or a true PF like Washington or Clarke since Randle is going to want to get paid.

These are some very good reasons the Pels are still considering our offer but they obviously would prefer a established low tier all-star.

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

8 and 10 is in play to get 4. They are even saying we may send a 2nd and take on Solomon Hill. Travis wants one of Barrett, Culver, or Hunter real bad. But New Orleans is also wanting a established vet if they can get one. I don't think the Pelicans want anything to do with Wiggins.

The Pelicans need a center to put next to Zion and there are plenty to be had at 8 or 10. In addition, they could also add tweeners like Reddish, Sekou, or a true PF like Washington or Clarke since Randle is going to want to get paid.

These are some very good reasons the Pels are still considering our offer but they obviously would prefer a established low tier all-star.

No it's not.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I hope Travis doesn't trade 8 AND 10 to get to 4 unless Barrett is there (he won't be).  If NO won't accept 10/17 to trade up then I'd just as soon stay at 8 and 10.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I hope Travis doesn't trade 8 AND 10 to get to 4 unless Barrett is there (he won't be).  If NO won't accept 10/17 to trade up then I'd just as soon stay at 8 and 10.  

I like Hunter more than Culver; but if we move 8 and 10 to get either, I am going to trust Travis knows his stuff.

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is so refreshing to hear/read/see(?).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

OKC is still shopping pick to move down or to get out of Dennis or Adams contract. Said suitors are low but their is interest in Roberson. Likely still the Hawks. 

So the Hawks are still looking for another 1st?

Roberson and #21 for 41.

So what do we do?

Keep all 4, keep 8 and 10 and combine 17 and 21 or comine 10, 17, 21 to move up?

• Admin

If we are taking a project at 10 it needs to be Sekou not Hayes.  Sekou has shown a diverse skill set that potentially can be harnessed into a Star ... Hayes is that generic poco stick center who can do put backs and get some blocks but not much else (see Robin Lopez, Willy Carly-Stein, Bismarck Byumbo, Nerlans Noel,  Mohamed Bamba etc etc etc) .... these centers are a dime a dozen and we can easily acquire that in the off season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Roberson and #21 for 41.

So what do we do?

Keep all 4, keep 8 and 10 and combine 17 and 21 or comine 10, 17, 21 to move up?

Travis said a while back he wants to use the 2nds to move into the 1st if possible. I don't think he has a problem with 3 or 4 1st ( rookies ); but he has consistently stated he did not want 6 rookies.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

If we are taking a project at 10 it needs to be Sekou not Hayes.  Sekou has shown a diverse skill set that potentially can be harnessed into a Star ... 

This...that's what you do with a top 10 pick.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Roberson and #21 for 41.

So what do we do?

Yes, I don't remember when, I think it was the before the Crabbe trade that I said Atlanta and OKC are in trade talks for 21. The new information I have is OKC would prefer to trade Dennis or Adams with the pick first, my guy said that there is min interest in either player contract. Atlanta would know. Dennis had min interest last year but he said it's worse this year when I asked in more detail.

Seems like OKC might be open but we will see. Trades that shave a year or two seems to be the deals teams in cap hell take and that's something Atlanta is not open to doing

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Roberson and #21 for 41.

So what do we do?

Something like that. It would be 35/41 for Roberson and 21.

That would give us: 8/10/17/21

I would believe we would keep all four picks.

14 roster spots. One left for Dedmon. Sounds accurate. 

I know just from him and others, it seems like Dedmon is the only FA we are targeting. They like his fit with our starters.

VC name hasn't been mentioned since the before the Crabbe trade when I ask about FA targets

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Something like that. It would be 35/41 for Roberson and 21.

That would give us: 8/10/17/21

I would believe we would keep all four picks.

14 roster spots. One left for Dedmon. Sounds accurate. 

I know just from him and others, it seems like Dedmon is the only FA we are targeting. They like his fit with our starters.

VC name hasn't been mentioned since the before the Crabbe trade when I ask about FA targets

:good: