• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Well I like Hunter as a defender but we way overpaid for a role player.

I think he has a lot more to his game than what we saw at UVA. I don't think he's just a role player.

• Premium Member
Just now, capstone21 said:

Well I like Hunter as a defender but we way overpaid for a role player.

Our biggest need was defense. We got the best defender in the draft... There's nothing wrong with being a role player, some role players end up being All Stars (Horford and Green come to mind)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hunter is a Pierce type of pick.  LP hates that his team is so soft defensively.  No big problem with Hunter.  As long as he has a better career than Marvin, I'm OK.

Is he a tough guy though? Seems more like a Bruce Bowen-like technical defender, which is good, but not a tough guy.

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

Hunter has to absolutely be an elite defender, guarding 1-5, to justify this pick. He has the skill and size to be one. I am not expecting much out of his offense outside of spot ups. If he becomes prime Luol Deng I will be happy.

If he can hit those spot up shots from deep at the 44% clip he did last year and he gives us defense... well, that's 100% what we needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Our biggest need was defense. We got the best defender in the draft... There's nothing wrong with being a role player, some role players end up being All Stars (Horford and Green come to mind)

As long as we go potential with #10 I will be OK with this draft.