• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

Zion Williamson has played 184 of 392 games in his career (46.9%).  Was he worth the top pick?

Of the 60 players taken in 2019 (5 years ago), only 35 are still in the NBA.  Compare that to 40 from 2018 and 41 from 2020  (2018 was a strong draft).

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-players-who-are-left-in-the-league-from-each-draft-class

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Went through 40+ pages and couldn’t find anything I posted, so I guess this draft wasn’t one that was particularly interesting to me? Hindsight would seem that tracks. 
I don’t recall having strong interest in any players this year, but I will admit that I wanted Romeo Langford. But that was less about him as a player and more bc he’s a local guy and I wanted to keep following him closely. 

Start checking after page 60. That's when conversations got serious and the draft starts shortly after that. Draft night conversation always gets me.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I am coming around on Risacher. He reminds me of a taller Ginobli. He played 70 pro games this year and took his team to the championship game. He was the best defender for the best defensive team in europe. His athleticism, although not great, is better than Dre. He can defend 1s, 2s, and 3s. Shot 40 percent from three. 

• Premium Member

I was STUPIDLY high on Culver man.  Same as I was with Adam Morrison...who I don't think busted on talent...but rather medically/mentally.  I've never gone back to look at what happened to Culver.  More than anything though, I was so upset about where we ended up with two lottery picks...

I was so locked in Zion 😭 That was most of the 2019 offseason for me, which I don't think is covered by this thread.  I think by the time this was put up, I had come to terms with where we were drafting and was high on Coby White.  I wasn't sold on Cam, but he was a bonus pick...so I was hoping for the best.