• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My BIL told me yesterday that GSW would win because Cousins would dominate and that the Rapts players would falter.

I told him to stop looking at the names on the jerseys and look at how they were playing.  Out of 12 quarters so far, TOR has controlled 11 and have been dominate for about 9 of them.  Cousins had a good 6-8 minute stretch in game 2.  Other than that, he's been a significant minus player.

This series should be 3-0 right now.  Due to injuries?  Sure, but it is what it is.  TOR is playing well.  If they get out of their own way, they'll win this series.  I doubt Klay or Durant will come back close to 100%.  As long as TOR doesn't falter mentally (which is a huge ask), they are the favorite now.

Kawhi's programming (since he's a cyborg) won't allow him to get shook but I could see Siakim, Lowry, Gasol or Ibaka fall into bone-headed play.  I hope they hold it together.

And aye @NBASupes, the only part of your update that perplexes me are the multitude of prospective SnT's being offered.  Don't the players themselves have to be on board with that?  I can't see any of them truly wanting to land in NOP, certainly not before taking their visits and whatnot.

Russell would have to sign off but Brooklyn has his RFA rights. They want to sign and trade him to the Pels. 

21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Lonzo cant shoot, I dont know if you can build around a guy like that. He can do everything else though.

Eh, I think his shooting form is certainly bad but his actual shooting isn't all that bad.  There's certainly lead guards who shoot worse than he does.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Russell would have to sign off but Brooklyn has his RFA rights. They want to sign and trade him to the Pels. 

Yeah same with Rozier too.  IIUC, that's why SnT's have largely gone away.  Both teams and the player have to agree .. then all the cap stuff.  Just too cumbersome.  Not fighting with you, just saying.

I could see Rozier agreeing though since he seems to just want to sign with not-Boston (w/Kyme).  I think his list goes like this: 1. not-Boston (w/Kyme), 2. not-Boston (w/Kyme), 3. anybody but Boston (w/Kyme).

Russell will have options.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I think his shooting form is certainly bad but his actual shooting isn't all that bad.  There's certainly lead guards who shoot worse than he does.

Yeah same with Rozier too.  IIUC, that's why SnT's have largely gone away.  Both teams and the player have to agree .. then all the cap stuff.  Just too cumbersome.  Not fighting with you, just saying.

I could see Rozier agreeing though since he seems to just want to sign with not-Boston (w/Kyme).  I think his list goes like this: 1. not-Boston (w/Kyme), 2. not-Boston (w/Kyme), 3. anybody but Boston (w/Kyme).

Russell will have options.

Career 44% from the line. That's as bad it gets.

• Admin

Bleacher Report’s latest mock draft would be a dream draft for me if we don’t make a trade ... 8 we got Culver and 10 we got Sekou.  I don’t see how Culver would last til 8 but that would be awesome 

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Thank goodness?  I would rather him then pretty much anyone in the draft except Zion or RJ

I don't, I don't see him being a great fit here. Plays the same position as Kevin. Fits worse than Kevin even if he is a better prospect, he is a worse fit. Not a SF, neither is Kevin. It seems pointless to me and his potential to me isn't all that. I like him a lot more now than I did a month ago but I still don't like him for us

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What's the deal with #21?

Just feeling confident about 41 and 44 for #21 and Andre Roberson. It feels right. I don't have any inside information but I know OKC targeting two 2nds, we are targeting a 1st. It just makes sense to me. Saves them about 35 million in LT penalties. 

I don't feel as good about Brooklyn. They are all over the place but #17 and Crabbe for 35 is a possibility. Just don't feel confident in it. Its one of those that never happen every year. Like when Memphis was shopping Parsons and #4, it never came through but these types usually happen. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just feeling confident about 41 and 44 for #21 and Andre Roberson. It feels right. I don't have any inside information but I know OKC targeting two 2nds, we are targeting a 1st. It just makes sense to me. Saves them about 35 million in LT penalties. 

I don't feel as good about Brooklyn. They are all over the place but #17 and Crabbe for 35 is a possibility. Just don't feel confident in it. Its one of those that never happen every year. Like when Memphis was shopping Parsons and #4, it never came through but these types usually happen. 

👍🏼 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This trade clearly opens up us moving up from #17 as a possibility in my eyes. We still got three 2nd rounders.

Man you be calling it supes! One of my favorite squawk posters!

ok so what are your sources saying? Are we trying to trade 8&10 for sure make ? Or you saying they are going to package 17 and all the second rd picks to move up ?

Just now, NBASupes said:

I know a lot of ya'll don't want to believe it but I told ya'll the plan is to get 4 1st rounders. They think the 1st round is deep this year. 

Ok just saw this ! Damn 4!

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Man you be calling it supes! One of my favorite squawk posters!

ok so what are your sources saying? Are we trying to trade 8&10 for sure make ? Or you saying they are going to package 17 and all the second rd picks to move up ?

Ok just saw this ! Damn 4!

We aren't moving 8, 10 is a different story but the cost is high, seems like we keeping it. No, from what I got, we are trading two 2nds to take on some cash and a 1st. OKC seems like the team for now.

• Like 2