• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

Keep 8, 10, 17 and 35 then trade the other guys in the forties down the road for picks or whatever in two or three years. Saying keep the 35 for a backup pg. Competition at point is always good.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all said that last year and it didn't happen... He actually moved down and kept the 3 1st round picks.

I'm not saying they shoul. I'm saying if that's the move, that's my preference so we keep #8 and move up.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

We are not drafting RJ Barrett!@#$%  where is @NBASupes

Hawks have interest in Barrett but more interesting in moving down to #5 and getting an unprotected 1st 2020 from Cleveland who is willing for Barrett. The issue is, NY wants 8/10 and Kevin with Kevin as the centerpiece. That's a no go for the Hawks. The Hawks haven't shown interest to move up from #8 outside of moving up to #3. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If and when we get #21, don't be surprised if we package it to move to 9/12 range. 

So you saying that OKC pick is getting moved to us as well or something like a rumor.  I never seem any team with four first rounders like ever.

Here's what I'm seeing happen. Don't kill me.  All reports are that they liked Bruno when he worked out and want to hold on to 8 to spend on Bruno. The move for 17 is to package with 10 + other things to move up to 3. If New York resigns Deandre Jordan, they'll need about 3 players to go with him and have about 31 million to spend. They would prefer 2 first rounders to keep salaries lighter and then add 2 players. If they could acquire a good, cheap, young player in trade + picks they'll move 3.  They like both Bembry and Spellman and that could get it done. They also would like to clear Frank Ntilikina off the books.

A proposed draft deal is

Bembry +10 +17

for

Ntilikina +3.

It's about clearing a few million in salary and filling a roster spot to clear up extra salary to resign Deandre Jordan and add lower star vet to play with him.

then with 3 + 8 Hawks would take RJ and Bruno

22 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

So you saying that OKC pick is getting moved to us as well or something like a rumor.  I never seem any team with four first rounders like ever.

I think Boston came close twice. In fact, they almost had four this year. 

24 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I wouldn't call it a rumor since it's from my insider. Most of what's being talked about around the league. We are the only team with cap flexibility and a lot of picks. This is the one year we could do this. 

The others who could are fighting for superstars and stars in FA. 

53 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Here's what I'm seeing happen. Don't kill me.  All reports are that they liked Bruno when he worked out and want to hold on to 8 to spend on Bruno. The move for 17 is to package with 10 + other things to move up to 3. If New York resigns Deandre Jordan, they'll need about 3 players to go with him and have about 31 million to spend. They would prefer 2 first rounders to keep salaries lighter and then add 2 players. If they could acquire a good, cheap, young player in trade + picks they'll move 3.  They like both Bembry and Spellman and that could get it done. They also would like to clear Frank Ntilikina off the books.

A proposed draft deal is

Bembry +10 +17

for

Ntilikina +3.

It's about clearing a few million in salary and filling a roster spot to clear up extra salary to resign Deandre Jordan and add lower star vet to play with him.

Bruno at 8? That’s reaching a bit ain’t it?....I mean Bruno isn’t even in anyone’s top 14! Or am I wrong 

• Admin
55 minutes ago, thecampster said:

A proposed draft deal is

Bembry +10 +17

for

Ntilikina +3.

What are you drinking because I want some ... there is no way NY doesn’t slam the phone down on that offer

• Admin
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks have interest in Barrett but more interesting in moving down to #5 and getting an unprotected 1st 2020 from Cleveland who is willing for Barrett. The issue is, NY wants 8/10 and Kevin with Kevin as the centerpiece. That's a no go for the Hawks. The Hawks haven't shown interest to move up from #8 outside of moving up to #3. 

I would consider 8/10 for 5 a fail.  The difference between Culver/Cam/Hunter is not enough to give up another lottery pick as one of them should be there at 8.  I would do 8/17 or 10/17+ 2nds for 5 but not 8/10

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

What are you drinking because I want some ... there is no way NY doesn’t slam the phone down on that offer

I wouldn’t judge the Knick’s and Dolan as having smarts soooo....just sayin . Not the smartest organization though a big market 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would consider 8/10 for 5 a fail.  The difference between Culver/Cam/Hunter is not enough to give up another lottery pick as one of them should be there at 8.  I would do 8/17 or 10/17+ 2nds for 5 but not 8/10

Agreed

Frank is a real liability right now and very unpopular in NY. He makes 3 million more a year than Bembry and they need all the cash they can get to attract free agents right now.  Bembry had a very good second half last year and really up'd his value.  The total cost of 10/17 is 700k less than 3 alone.  Sounds crazy I know but when you consider a 2nd roster spot to go with 3 would cost them another million...the total cap savings of the deal saves NY about $4.7 million that goes toward a free agent.  People really undervalue the value of cap space....16 million in cap space just got us 2 first round draft picks.  Think about it.

7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

This. The value is at 1-3 in terms of trade. 4-10 is all fluid. 

@thecampster, NY already turned down 8 and 10 and countered they wanted Kevin, 8 and 10. We don't have a shot to get R.J. unless it's massive overpay. 

Just FYI, Hawks got five wings they really really like and think they can end up with a shot at 2-3 of them. They aren't moving up unless it's to 3 which was already declined.