• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I know a lot of ya'll don't want to believe it but I told ya'll the plan is to get 4 1st rounders. They think the 1st round is deep this year. 

That would be crazy, but not out of the question, considering that we have a high 2nd round pick and (2) mid-2nd rd picks.

With the Bucks only having 1 pick in the entire draft, maybe they sell the #30 pick for our #35 and #41 ( if Travis covets a player that he wants to grab before Rd 2 ).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You have 4 years to figure out who fits and who doesn't ...a good problem to have

More like 2 years. Case in point . . If Omari Spelman doesn't show more in Year 2, I don't the Hawks have time to see if he can blossom into something by Year 3.  He needs to show something this season.

15 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Reddish scares me ... he has the body type and athleticism but can he shoot? 

He was very INEFFICIENT in college 35.6 fg% with 33% from 3 is not only bad ... its terrible.  That is a huge huge concern.  

I loved everything about him on the outside. He’s got it all. I want to know what’s on the inside.

That sounded a lot like @kg01 wooing a girl on a date in 1997 😆 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We shall see. I think Travis loves Culver but the Little thing is a major smokescreen. That kid can barely dribble a basketball. He’s really flawed.

Not seeing how you came to this conclusion. 

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Eye test nothing concrete. Little could be great. I’m not betting on it though.

Little passes the eye test better than Culver in terms of what works in the NBA. Culver is just a clearly better player but potential wise, he has barriers that Little just doesn't have as much of.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Little passes the eye test better than Culver in terms of what works in the NBA. Culver is just a clearly better player but potential wise, he has barriers that Little just doesn't have as much of.

Culver is Scott Pippen reincarnated.  Little is either MKG or WinSlow all over again.

8/17 to move up for Culver.  And at 10 ... you know what to do.  Gogaaaa!! Gooooogaaaaaa!!!

I'm about 35% kidding.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don’t see it that way at all. To me, Culver is a 5 tool type player than offers a team a multitude of ways of winning and impacting the game.

With Little I see a ball dominant player who most likely can and will score, bit outside of that, Will he be able to pass the rock? Is he a team player? Is he consistent at the defensive end? 

Culver>Little ALL DAY for me.

Im looking for the hawks to get some real length at the wing position and not just wingspan wise so while I like little and Culver especially....id now rather have any combination of RJ (who I’m not that high on but whateve), Sekou, Or Reddish. 

Just now, kg01 said:

Culver is Scott Pippen reincarnated.  Little is either MKG or WinSlow all over again.

8/17 to move up for Culver.  And at 10 ... you know what to do.  Gogaaaa!! Gooooogaaaaaa!!!

I'm about 35% kidding.

Culver is nothing like Pippen. He is far more like Jalen Rose. Doesn't have the physical attributes that Pip had. Little is closer to Pip than Culver. Pippen is extremely explosive, Culver has slightly below average explosiveness. Little has elite explosiveness. 

If we make big moves I want RJ or Culver, they have a chance to be special. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Culver is nothing like Pippen. He is far more like Jalen Rose. Doesn't have the physical attributes that Pip had. Little is closer to Pip than Culver. Pippen is extremely explosive, Culver has slightly below average explosiveness. Little has elite explosiveness. 

Little is not closer to Pippen than Culver. That’s an outrageous claim Supes come on man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t see it that way at all. To me, Culver is a 5 tool type player than offers a team a multitude of ways of winning and impacting the game.

With Little I see a ball dominant player who most likely can and will score, bit outside of that, Will he be able to pass the rock? Is he a team player? Is he consistent at the defensive end? 

Culver>Little ALL DAY for me.

I'll take Little. More talented, better attributes and just has more potential long term. He has more limitations than Culver but has better strengths as far as the NBA concerned. 

First step - Little

Quickness- Little

Both are fast in the open court

Explosiveness- Little

Hand size- Little

Motor - Little

Now Culver is a better player and does more than Little but in the NBA, guys get better so fast that i rather bet on a high ceiling. Malik Monk was a better player than Kevin H but Kevin is way better now. Go with the talent and potential 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This will be a fun back 'n forth over the years.  I see Little as a lump of unfinished clay being put in the oven before the potter had a chance to shape him.

I'm afraid that, despite his physical tools, the league will expect too much from him too soon and he's in serious danger of being a guy who'll never reach his potential.

I think Culver will always trend to being a better player although Little will always be the better athlete.

Plus I cannot resist the chance to change the neighborhood from the cul-de-sac to the Cul-ver-sac - eh, I'm working on that name.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If we make big moves I want RJ or Culver, they have a chance to be special. 

Little is not closer to Pippen than Culver. That’s an outrageous claim Supes come on man.

He is MUCH closer to Pip than Culver. Culver is no where near as good as ya'll think he is. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Now Culver is a better player and does more than Little but in the NBA, guys get better so fast that i rather bet on a high ceiling. Malik Monk was a better player than Kevin H but Kevin is way better now. Go with the talent and potential 

That's an interesting comparison but I don't think it's applicable to the Cul-v-Little discussion.  Despite Monk being the better college player, Heurter was never in need of the degree of development Little will need.  The fact that KH became a contributor doesn't mean Little will do the same.  He's much further away than KH was.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's an interesting comparison but I don't think it's applicable to the Cul-v-Little discussion.  Despite Monk being the better college player, Heurter was never in need of the degree of development Little will need.  The fact that KH became a contributor doesn't mean Little will do the same.  He's much further away than KH was.

KH did need a lot of development before and after the draft. He wasn't close to ready out of Maryland. 

This is revisionist history. 

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

KH did need a lot of development before and after the draft. He wasn't close to ready out of Maryland. 

This is revisionist history. 

Eh, I think you're trying to make your narrative fit.  KH wasn't as far away from being a contributor as Little is right now.

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I think you're trying to make your narrative fit.  KH wasn't as far away from being a contributor as Little is right now.

He was even further from being ready than Little. Mentality and physically, he was tabbed for the G League. That's not just my opinion. The organization stated it as well. 

Little is at least physically ready.