• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait what? You said he has a low feel bbiq for the game while having a great iq?

bbiq (basketball IQ)

IQ (IQ)

.. 😐 

IQ is intelligence. How sharp is he? How much information can he handle? Grades? How quickly can he process information? Etc.

BBIQ- how quickly does he translate it into the hardwood? Break from the play because he saw a hole in the defense. 

Prime example: Josh Smith, Jeremy Lin, Nassir Little, Rudy Gay. 

These guys are smart af but lack BBIQ. I'll never forgot LD saying Smoove was the smartest player he has ever coached, he knew everything but Horford is a beast and his BBIQ is amazing. Horford didn't know everyone was suppose to be but he knew his job and has a tremendous feel how to make everyone better around him and break when it wasn't working. Smoove on the other hand just could only play by the script and when he would break from it, just hurt everyone and didn't make anyone around him better by making bad decisions for his abilities. 

Feel for the game is just how natural is Basketball to them. Does Basketball come easy to them? Isaiah Rider had a great feel for the game but he had low BBIQ and IQ. Some players with a low feel for the game like Kawhi out of college develop a feel with more experience and coaching. Feel and BBIQ can improve but doesn't always improve.

Just looked over the updated drafts that I could find and the one I like the best so far is from Bleacher Report. They have us taking:

8-  Reddish

10-  Doumbouya

17-  Hachimura

I would love getting Rau at 17; but would prefer a big at 10.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839915

19 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Just looked over the updated drafts that I could find and the one I like the best so far is from Bleacher Report. They have us taking:

8-  Reddish

10-  Doumbouya

17-  Hachimura

I would love getting Rau at 17; but would prefer a big at 10.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839915

Rui lol

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I loved everything about him on the outside. He’s got it all. I want to know what’s on the inside.

That sounded a lot like @kg01 wooing a girl on a date in 1997 😆 

You guys need to read the article on the athletic about Cam Reddish.  This notion that he's not a hard worker or doesn't have heart is a farce.  He does have issues being an Alpha though.  Which is the same thing Kevin Heurter has. To me I'd  rather have a player with a ton of talent who is unselfish that you can train to play within your system, than an all out Carmelo Anthony.   See below for Snippets. 

“I’d tell him, ‘A little kid is supposed to get toys,’ and he’d be like, ‘Not me. I only get and want basketball gear,'” Rob Brown, the team director for Team Final, an Elite Youth Basketball League team, recalled Reddish telling him when he was in the sixth or seventh grade.

Seth Berger, the head coach at Westtown High School, arrived at the gym at 9:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning before his team’s playoff stretch began the following Tuesday. Berger brought along his son, who was a sophomore on the team, for some early morning work. Surprisingly, the lights were on. Reddish was there alone with a ball and a basketball shooting gun, which read that he had already attempted 240 elbow jumpers off the bounce. Reddish had made 86 percent of his attempts.

“This is at 9:30 in the morning, so I’m not sure what time he actually started,” Berger said. “It was pretty unbelievable to watch. He was just there in by himself.”

Reddish woke up on school days to go to the gym at 5:30 a.m. by himself. He got in a second workout and a lift and then would have practice during the afternoon and evening. Reddish’s life revolves around basketball. The minutes he wasn’t on the court were just the time in between.

• Like 3

Those of you who like RJ Barrett can you tell me what you love about his game? ....I watched dude all year and all I saw was a ball hog with good driving ability who still has a ways to go in many areas.

his best skill in my opinion was his passing ability. That I will give him props on but to me I just see derozan type player without the midrange jumper. Also I don’t think he has that high of an IQ just avg.

it really doesn’t shock me that it’s possible for the hawks to move up to grab him. He’s not really set far apart from hunter, Culver, Reddish, Sekou 

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He was even further from being ready than Little. Mentality and physically, he was tabbed for the G League. That's not just my opinion. The organization stated it as well. 

Little is at least physically ready. 

I don't dispute that's what they said.  I just think they were wrong.

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Has anyone heard why he missed that NCAA game?  That was pretty bizarre.

He claim it was the same area that he was out for the workouts and what was bothering him since the first UNC game. 

As I said during the other board, Cam is a tell of two tapes. The early feb and the end of the torney Cam. 

The feb Cam was a legit 3/D stud, the end of the NCAA torney Cam was a scrub. One of the worst 1st round picks in the last ten years. 

If you believe in Cam, you believe in the good tape and the data from early Feb where you could make a case he was Duke 2nd best talent after Zion. Or if you don't,  the end of the season Cam who is more of a bust than a high ceiling stud worth taking. 

For many, he is somewhere inbetween. His timing is his worse friend. In the times teams feel he is needed most, he is not there. It goes into the passion questions that are around Cam. Under duress, can he handle it. As a top 10 pick, teams need to have this confidence in you. 

This is why at Cam, a talent like Cam is expected to be available. 

Bulls are looking potential, they like White as much he is plays a position of need. 

Suns don't want no more just wait players. They will take Hunter or Culver.

Cavs made it clear, they want the best piece to put around their core. SG is a need. Culver is a strong lean. 

Lakers need shooting. Garland is just much further and they like the fit with Ball.

He didn't show enough to be a top 3 pick. This is why scouts and management is questioning Cam.

For the Hawks, one of the best teams in the scouting community, they don't have as many questions cause they do their homework and they have a much better fit for Reddish than the other top 10 teams. But to say they too don't have questions is not true. 

Efficiency is a question that the best Cam fans like me can't even answer. Is it gonna come for Cam? This is going to be on Cam. His impact is what we are all investing in.

He plays with the best tempo and speed of all wings in this draft. He has the feel of the game that fits our system. He is extremely talented and already plays a game that's to the strengths of how we play but can he be efficient is the million dollar question?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't dispute that's what they said.  I just think they were wrong.

But they were right, we all seen Kevin early one. He looked several tiers away from everyone other than Dorsey.

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

Those of you who like RJ Barrett can you tell me what you love about his game? ....I watched dude all year and all I saw was a ball hog with good driving ability who still has a ways to go in many areas.

his best skill in my opinion was his passing ability. That I will give him props on but to me I just see derozan type player without the midrange jumper. Also I don’t think he has that high of an IQ just avg.

it really doesn’t shock me that it’s possible for the hawks to move up to grab him. He’s not really set far apart from hunter, Culver, Reddish, Sekou 

Doesn't play the most efficient game but he has an elite feel of the game with high BBIQ and IQ. He plays a very athletic uptempo system with PG skills. He has a game that will get numbers. For me, he is a lesser shooting but better passing prospect version of Harden with more athletic ability. 

I like him as a prospect a lot more than DD as a prospect. DD as a propsect was very similar to Romeo Langford. Very similar.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

But they were right, we all seen Kevin early one. He looked several tiers away from everyone other than Dorsey.

Eh, just needed his sea legs.  He didn't need to develop his game the way Little does.

All he had to do was get confident.  Little has to learn how to play.

Apples to oranges comparison.

Just got some new nuggets: 

AD trade is picking up. 

Nets still in the lead but it's looking bleak they will land him. 

Knicks are open to trading Dallas picks. 

Lakers are open to trading Kuz but no future assets

Boston is actively talking but Tatum is still not on the table. NO is making a push to Boston to put Tatum on the board with #14 but Boston wants more assurances from Kyrie. My guess is Boston will 50/50 do it or pass. Boston is in a tough position as there are no suitors for Hayward contract which seemed like Cleveland at one point. NO wants Boston to package #14, Tatum, Smart, and two or three young players. NO does value Tatum more than any prospect in this trade class. They see future superstar. 

Boston wants Kyrie/Hayward/Brown/AD/Horford. I've been told Kyrie isn't interested. I also been told that if Boston misses on KI, they want a SnT to land D'Lo. No telling how likely this is since Brooklyn likely won't feel the need to do it. Boston is trying to figure out how to get cap space as they are still interested in AD but want him with a 2nd star. I think we won't know till the 20th. Rumor is De'Andre Hunter is the Pels top draft target if they stay at #4 and Barrett at #3. 

This was my main man the entire topic today and he confirmed again the Hawks want two additional 1st rounders which we got one yesterday. The OKC deal might be draft night or any day. 

He been consistent. 8 is not available. 10 is available for moving down and a future asset. Teams aren't interested at this time but he confirmed my other three guys are right, they are telling player agents that they could move up to get them, just to get them for workouts with no intent of moving up. Teams don't want to trade a 2020 pick. Especially top 10 protected with descending protections. 

Cleveland and Miami should be done soon for J.R. Smith/salary filler for Johnson/Waiters. 

Wizards leaning Sekou but are open to trades for two more 1sts in this draft. They reached out to Boston, no avail. 

Boston is shopping Hayward and 20 for salary clearout. No takers. Might get interest from Cleveland or Portland if it's for bad one year contract like T. Thompson or E. Turner and the pick. 

Cleveland is looking to add more 1st with Atlanta and take on additional years and Gilbert is willing to pay LT for 2019-20 for better players. (Hayward and Gallo). 

Minny is locked into Rui

Charlotte is looking to trade down from 12 if Rui is gone. 

Cleveland will take center at #13 if they have the pick. 

Boston is really the Lakers #4 because this is where the draft beings again. They could change the direction of the draft with any pick they make. 

This is an eye of the beholder draft and expect positional runs. That's it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just got some new nuggets: 

AD trade is picking up. 

Nets still in the lead but it's looking bleak they will land him. 

Knicks are open to trading Dallas picks. 

Lakers are open to trading Kuz but no future assets

Boston is actively talking but Tatum is still not on the table. NO is making a push to Boston to put Tatum on the board with #14 but Boston wants more assurances from Kyrie. My guess is Boston will 50/50 do it or pass. Boston is in a tough position as there are no suitors for Hayward contract which seemed like Cleveland at one point. NO wants Boston to package #14, Tatum, Smart, and two or three young players. NO does value Tatum more than any prospect in this trade class. They see future superstar. 

Boston wants Kyrie/Hayward/Brown/AD/Horford. I've been told Kyrie isn't interested. I also been told that if Boston misses on KI, they want a SnT to land D'Lo. No telling how likely this is since Brooklyn likely won't feel the need to do it. Boston is trying to figure out how to get cap space as they are still interested in AD but want him with a 2nd star. I think we won't know till the 20th. Rumor is De'Andre Hunter is the Pels top draft target if they stay at #4 and Barrett at #3. 

This was my main man the entire topic today and he confirmed again the Hawks want two additional 1st rounders which we got one yesterday. The OKC deal might be draft night or any day. 

He been consistent. 8 is not available. 10 is available for moving down and a future asset. Teams aren't interested at this time but he confirmed my other three guys are right, they are telling player agents that they could move up to get them, just to get them for workouts with no intent of moving up. Teams don't want to trade a 2020 pick. Especially top 10 protected with descending protections. 

Cleveland and Miami should be done soon for J.R. Smith/salary filler for Johnson/Waiters. 

Wizards leaning Sekou but are open to trades for two more 1sts in this draft. They reached out to Boston, no avail. 

Boston is shopping Hayward and 20 for salary clearout. No takers. Might get interest from Cleveland or Portland if it's for bad one year contract like T. Thompson or E. Turner and the pick. 

Cleveland is looking to add more 1st with Atlanta and take on additional years and Gilbert is willing to pay LT for 2019-20 for better players. (Hayward and Gallo). 

Minny is locked into Rui

Charlotte is looking to trade down from 12 if Rui is gone. 

Cleveland will take center at #13 if they have the pick. 

Boston is really the Lakers #4 because this is where the draft beings again. They could change the direction of the draft with any pick they make. 

This is an eye of the beholder draft and expect positional runs. That's it. 

Do you see Cam falling to the Hawks? Looks like his draft stock may be dropping a bit.

12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Do you see Cam falling to the Hawks? Looks like his draft stock may be dropping a bit.

All four of my guys have confirmed Cam is expected to be there at #8. Cam is in the mix for Cleveland, Chicago and LA but all three have guys they like a lot more. PHX is out of Cam as is NY unless they move down. His stock is right around #8. It's not dropping at all. It just isn't moving up. It seems people have placed him at #8 because they know Atlanta will take him at #8. 

• Like 2

II almost forgot to talk about FAs:

To add about Kyrie, Kyrie is a near lock to go to Brooklyn even without them landing a 2nd star. The reason I am told is he wants to live full time in Jersey/NY, he doesn't want to play for the Knicks, not ready yet to win in this league and he feels that even if they land AD, AD doesn't want to play in Boston at all and will walk. He doesn't want to commit to Boston and then be stuck where he really doesn't want to be at like that. He is said to be looking at this for happiness. Getting Prince just shows Brooklyn is trying to win. The role players are there already. They have trade assets. They are playing the long game.

The players they are targeting is KD, Klaw and Tobias Harris. I am told KD is undecided, Klaw is a strong Toronto lean and Harris is willing to stay in Philly if he gets the max which I am told IS NOT happening. I been told Philly is working deals to get future 2nds with some of their 2nds this year and want to flip it in a deal to do a SnT for Harris. A lot of these contending teams want to do SnTs this year so they can use the cap space for trades. Maybe this is where Mike Conley can land. (Philly)

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

IQ is intelligence. How sharp is he? How much information can he handle? Grades? How quickly can he process information? Etc.

BBIQ- how quickly does he translate it into the hardwood? Break from the play because he saw a hole in the defense. 

Prime example: Josh Smith, Jeremy Lin, Nassir Little, Rudy Gay. 

These guys are smart af but lack BBIQ. I'll never forgot LD saying Smoove was the smartest player he has ever coached, he knew everything but Horford is a beast and his BBIQ is amazing. Horford didn't know everyone was suppose to be but he knew his job and has a tremendous feel how to make everyone better around him and break when it wasn't working. Smoove on the other hand just could only play by the script and when he would break from it, just hurt everyone and didn't make anyone around him better by making bad decisions for his abilities. 

Feel for the game is just how natural is Basketball to them. Does Basketball come easy to them? Isaiah Rider had a great feel for the game but he had low BBIQ and IQ. Some players with a low feel for the game like Kawhi out of college develop a feel with more experience and coaching. Feel and BBIQ can improve but doesn't always improve.

👍🏼 

5 hours ago, AHF said:

raw

😐 😆 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What'd I say?:angel:    :hehe:

That's how I felt, lol.

😆 

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

You guys need to read the article on the athletic about Cam Reddish.  This notion that he's not a hard worker or doesn't have heart is a farce.  He does have issues being an Alpha though.  Which is the same thing Kevin Heurter has. To me I'd  rather have a player with a ton of talent who is unselfish that you can train to play within your system, than an all out Carmelo Anthony.   See below for Snippets. 

“I’d tell him, ‘A little kid is supposed to get toys,’ and he’d be like, ‘Not me. I only get and want basketball gear,'” Rob Brown, the team director for Team Final, an Elite Youth Basketball League team, recalled Reddish telling him when he was in the sixth or seventh grade.

Seth Berger, the head coach at Westtown High School, arrived at the gym at 9:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning before his team’s playoff stretch began the following Tuesday. Berger brought along his son, who was a sophomore on the team, for some early morning work. Surprisingly, the lights were on. Reddish was there alone with a ball and a basketball shooting gun, which read that he had already attempted 240 elbow jumpers off the bounce. Reddish had made 86 percent of his attempts.

“This is at 9:30 in the morning, so I’m not sure what time he actually started,” Berger said. “It was pretty unbelievable to watch. He was just there in by himself.”

Reddish woke up on school days to go to the gym at 5:30 a.m. by himself. He got in a second workout and a lift and then would have practice during the afternoon and evening. Reddish’s life revolves around basketball. The minutes he wasn’t on the court were just the time in between.

👍🏼 wow