• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This was my main man the entire topic today and he confirmed again the Hawks want two additional 1st rounders which we got one yesterday. The OKC deal might be draft night or any day. 

OKC deal? So we are working on a trade that involves taking on additional salary for the OKC's pick (21st)? So we are planning on having 4 first rounders in the draft???

Are we locked in on a certain prospect and using the extra picks to potentially move up to ensure we can get him?

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Just got some new nuggets: 

This was my main man the entire topic today and he confirmed again the Hawks want two additional 1st rounders which we got one yesterday. 1. The OKC deal might be draft night or any day. 

He been consistent. 8 is not available. 2. 10 is available for moving down and a future asset. Teams aren't interested at this time but he confirmed my other three guys are right, they are telling player agents that they could move up to get them, just to get them for workouts with no intent of moving up. Teams don't want to trade a 2020 pick. Especially top 10 protected with descending protections. 

3. Cleveland is looking to add more 1st with Atlanta and take on additional years and Gilbert is willing to pay LT for 2019-20 for better players. (Hayward and Gallo). 

1. What  would the OKC deal look like?

2. Are we still looking to move down from #10 even though we now have #17? How far down are we looking to move? It would have to be between #11-#16, no?

3. I'm unclear on the Cavs part.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. What  would the OKC deal look like?

2. Are we still looking to move down from #10 even though we now have #17? How far down are we looking to move? It would have to be between #11-#16, no?

3. I'm unclear on the Cavs part.

1. Roberson and 21 for two 2nd rounders.

2. Yes. Not sure, 7 teams are possibilities, well now 6. 

3. They are looking to add an additional 1st. Miami is a possibility it seems. They did contact Atlanta but I heard it's high unlikely. Cleveland isn't interested in changing the protections of 2020 and Atlanta isn't interested in moving up from #8. 

2 hours ago, yungsta said:

OKC deal? So we are working on a trade that involves taking on additional salary for the OKC's pick (21st)? So we are planning on having 4 first rounders in the draft???

Are we locked in on a certain prospect and using the extra picks to potentially move up to ensure we can get him?

I am not aware of us being locked into any prospect at this time. I just know what Chris and most of us know. The only difference is I know the team doesn't have Culver, Hunter, Little, Clarke and Cam on a separate tier. Obviously scouts and upper management within have different favorites and what not but the tier in this case is all the same. They would be happy with one of these wings. 

For this year, I am hearing Tony is putting the trust in Travis. He has earned him and Jami trust. They love him like Maple Leaf loves Masai but obviously at this stage of course since this is only year 3. 

17 definitely is looking like a center prospect if they go wings with 8 and 10 in my opinion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not aware of us being locked into any prospect at this time. I just know what Chris and most of us know. The only difference is I know the team doesn't have Culver, Hunter, Little, Clarke and Cam on a separate tier. Obviously scouts and upper management within have different favorites and what not but the tier in this case is all the same. They would be happy with one of these wings. 

For this year, I am hearing Tony is putting the trust in Travis. He has earned him and Jami trust. They love him like Maple Leaf loves Masai but obviously at this stage of course since this is only year 3. 

17 definitely is looking like a center prospect if they go wings with 8 and 10 in my opinion. 

17 has Kabengele written all over it. If he’s not gobbled up at 10! Go Kabs!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would love Kabs, Hayes, Claxton, Goga, and Bruno. 

If we took one of Kabs or Goga who do you like more. Scenario is this.

Kabengele 17th pick or Bruno, Goga or Hayes at 10th?

Btw..the 9 draftees invited to the green room so far. This almost looks like it’s in order. Wow. If this is the case based on agents, scouts etc. and we keep the 8th pick we get Cam, that’s cool with me! 😊 

Zion WilliamsonJa MorantRJ BarrettDarius GarlandDe'Andre HunterJarrett CulverCoby WhiteCam Reddish and Jaxson Hayes received the first batch of invites, the source said, with an additional 11 invites expected to be sent out in the coming days, depending on confirmations the NBA receives from the first group. The league hopes to have 20 players in the green room.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26922980/zion-leads-9-invited-draft-green-room

• Like 2

Got some west coast updates: 

Hawks:

Remember during the combine on realgm, I told about PHX talking to the Hawks about potentially moving down trade. It seems like it's still on the table. It's seemed to be based around Tyler Johnson and #6 for #10. Not sure if there is more. Seems like there is interest. I been waiting for feedback about this one for awhile. Confirmed that the Suns are interested and have recently asked the Hawks again depending on if their guy is at #6. I am guessing PHX guy is Darius Garland. From what I was told, they aren't too happy about the options at #6.

Suns: Also was told the Suns are shopping Josh Jackson and T.J. Warren. 

The last one I got was from Utah: They want to make a splash in FA and strongly feel they can land D'Angelo Russell. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

17 has Kabengele written all over it. If he’s not gobbled up at 10! Go Kabs!

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I would love Kabs, Hayes, Claxton, Goga, and Bruno. 

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Kabengele 17th pick or Bruno, Goga or Hayes at 10th?

Brutal Fernando. Fellaz, you served me up that softball right in the middle of the plate 🥎 

• Like 2

• Admin
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Got some west coast updates: 

Hawks:

Remember during the combine on realgm, I told about PHX talking to the Hawks about potentially moving down trade. It seems like it's still on the table. It's seemed to be based around Tyler Johnson and #6 for #10. Not sure if there is more. Seems like there is interest. I been waiting for feedback about this one for awhile. Confirmed that the Suns are interested and have recently asked the Hawks again depending on if their guy is at #6. I am guessing PHX guy is Darius Garland. From what I was told, they aren't too happy about the options at #6.

Suns: Also was told the Suns are shopping Josh Jackson and T.J. Warren. 

The last one I got was from Utah: They want to make a splash in FA and strongly feel they can land D'Angelo Russell. 

I would love for us to take a chance on Josh Jackson if it doesn’t cost too much.  Sometimes u need a change of scenery and location to reach potential.

• Admin

If garland is gone before 6 then I def do a 10 for TJ/6.  That means Hunter or Culver is still on the board.  You can then pair him with Cam at 8.  Then we can go after big at 17 or whoever.  Plus TJ is good (although overpaid) and we have our backup point guard.

11 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

If garland is gone before 6 then I def do a 10 for TJ/6.  That means Hunter or Culver is still on the board.  You can then pair him with Cam at 8.  Then we can go after big at 17 or whoever.  Plus TJ is good (although overpaid) and we have our backup point guard.

I would imagine the Hawks probably have it as an option if their targeted player is not at 10. These types of deals are here every year but rarely do they happen. Since my guy didn't mention it, my guess is its not highly expected. This came in late last night from my west coast contact who mention that it's something PHX would like. 

I agree, I like the deal too. Not as much as OKC one where we gain another 1st and get rid of a couple of 2nds. 

26 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would love for us to take a chance on Josh Jackson if it doesn’t cost too much.  Sometimes u need a change of scenery and location to reach potential.

There is not a lot of interest in him around the league. I do know the Thunder are interested in Warren. 

50 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I’m down with J.J. too.

I think right now would be

#8: Reddish or Hunter, whoever is available

#10: Sekou or Ckarke

#17: Kabengele or Fernando

Pair 2 seconds to move up and take Ty Jerome

Trae/Ty Jerome

Huerter/Crabbe/Baze

Reddish/Bembry/Anderson

Collins/Sekou/Spellman

Len/Fernando/Spellman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m down with J.J. too.

There's a multitude of reasons the guy is available and none of them are because he's a good guy to have around your lockerroom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

There's a multitude of reasons the guy is available and none of them are because he's a good guy to have around your lockerroom.

True. I don’t like his demeanor. He looks like a guy about his biz but he also looks like he could not care that much. Hard to tell. Track record is shining though ur right.