• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Some of what you'd expect Cam to do was filled by RJ as well.  If RJ wasn't there, he would likely have guarded more wings and had more time closer to the basket to improve his rebounding numbers.   Every minute guarding perimeter guards was a severely diminished opportunity to grab boards.

kg has reinterpreted CLP's comment about uncoachable players as applying to Clarke.  You won't find any direct comments from coach.

Whyyyyyy you !!!!! KG! I thought he directly said something! 😢 U broke my heart 💜.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

No, someone posted the quote here but now I can't find it.  CLP said, on Clarke, that he's not going to play 5 in the NBA.  That he was too small, etc.

Why can't I find the post now?  

Goga ate it? 🦍 

I can see and appreciate the viewpoints that Cam was third wheel and perhaps guarding smaller players taking him away from DRB opportunity.  However, RJ is actually a little shorter, guarded perimeter guys and doubled Cam's rebounding numbers.

Equating Cam to Marvin is not saying "bust", Marvin was not a bust but he's not a game changer either.  I think Cam will shoot as well as Marvin or better, I think he can defend a bit if he wants to, and he very much needs to land in the right spot.  Honestly, we're a good spot for him; i just don't really think he's the top choice for us.  At least at 5 i think he's a bad pick.  At 8 it's meh.  At 10 he's alright.  

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

KPJ is the one getting marks of uncoachable from college and HS coaches

Who Dave Wojcik? Obviously that guy is gonna trash Clarke because he left his crappy program for a great basketball program in Gonzaga. Can’t blame the kid for not wanting to play with guys at SJSU. 

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't find the post now but surely I'm not the only one that saw it.

Maybe Goga destroyed it.

Dave Wojcik spreading lies. 🦍 Goga are the report and my homework 📚 😆 

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Culver will disappoint you man if your expecting greatness. If you are expecting a solid player, you should be good but this jewel of a player. It's not him. He's just a role player at this level. 

Kevin is better right now and will be forever compared to Culver. 

I dunno Supes. I’m really in love with him. Hard work trumps all. And he works. Gimme hard work over raw talent in this league. We need a  💪🏾 skrong psyche as well. Mental comes first.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Who Dave Wojcik? Obviously that guy is gonna trash Clarke because he left his crappy program for a great basketball program in Gonzaga. Can’t blame the kid for not wanting to play with guys at SJSU. 

Dave Wojcik spreading lies. 🦍 Goga are the report and my homework 📚 😆 

spud, calm down.  Supes is saying Kevin Porter is the one getting dinged for coachability, not Clarke.

But Doug Wojcik is indeed a clown show.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

spud, calm down.  Supes is saying Kevin Porter is the one getting dinged for coachability, not Clarke.

But Doug Wojcik is indeed a clown show.

Sorry I was bum rushing anyone who talks about Clarke! Ahhh who am I kidding, we never get the guy I want. F it.

How can I calm down when I’m high on coffee. I’m not used to it. I’m 🔥 

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I dunno Supes. I’m really in love with him. Hard work trumps all. And he works. Gimme hard work over raw talent in this league. We need a  💪🏾 skrong psyche as well. Mental comes first.

Spud (and others), have you read this article:  https://www.thestepien.com/2019/06/05/draft-notes-argument-culver-better-play-rj/

Some nice insights and analysis on Culver's game.  

I don't expect "greatness" from Culver, but I think he can be a creative 2/3 with absolutely elite defense, which we desperately need alongside Trae.

1 minute ago, txsting said:

Spud (and others), have you read this article:  https://www.thestepien.com/2019/06/05/draft-notes-argument-culver-better-play-rj/

I don't expect "greatness" from Culver, but I think he can be a creative 2/3 with absolutely elite defense, which we desperately need alongside Trae.

Hadn’t read this but definitely good stuff. They emphasized Culver’s defense which is what I’m saying. He comes in an defends immediately and it takes pressure off his offense. Some guys come in looking for their offense first instead of learning and blending. Culver is a smart kid, his D is there from day 1, I want him.

1 minute ago, txsting said:

oh and I love Clarke too and don't mind picking him anywhere from 10 on down.

I’d pull the trigger on Clarke at 10. He covers for teammates on D. Culver and Clarke and I’m pretty happy. 

4 minutes ago, txsting said:

Ya I just saw ur last line. HE WILL COVER FOR TRAE. That’s huge. When we have a Trae, we need some defensive presence around him at all positions. Culver and clarke help.

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Bazemore, Moose and Prince were renown for their work ethic.

While Al wasn't known for his work ethic, he is superior to many that are. 

So how do we slide up to 5 or above to get him????  That's the question.  I want no part of this Kevin Love BS.  We need to get Cleveland to bite on something.  As I've said, don't mind giving Cleveland a little extra value because we have one more year to get a first rounder out of them.  Either that, or trade that pick back to them as part of the package, even better.

7 minutes ago, txsting said:

I don't expect his defense to be elite at the NBA level. I am expecting pretty good at best. Thestepien.com tends to undervalue NBA level athleticism, length and hand size. Physical attributes really matter in the NBA for defense.

He is a combo guard, not a 2/3. He will provide that at the 1/2.

Just now, NBASupes said:

True but Baze Moose and Prince don’t have the tools that Culver has in the 🧰. Prince had the most talent of the three but not skilled he would bully ball people with his strength. 

Al knew what he could do well and stuck to those things. He made it work to his advantage. Al was smart.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The work ethic is the minimum floor for entry.  You've gotta also have skill and fit and coaching and all of that.  But if you start off without the dog, you are way way behind.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ps Kevin Porter is too cool for school and a bust imo.

He would be on my "Do Not Draft" list.  He has the tools to succeed but looks like a head case and doesn't come with a track record of productivity or an excuse for that lack of production that holds water for me.