• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1 Undrafted, the other a 2nd rounder and Prince.  That's not a goid comparison. 

You still need bball skills and talents along with worth ethic

Some of us are trying to be productive at work :rtfm: today, so I can focus on the draft tomorrow :wink3:

😆 30 hours exactly!

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interview/Workouts/Tape watching have all wrapped up....There is only ONE question left to Answer before the draft............WILL THE CHAT ROOM BE OPERATIONAL FOR THE LIVE DRAFT???

😁

Yes. If u are u..or mace..or turner.

If you are me or kg, there’s a warm fire 🔥 outside to huddle around.

@AHF...

https://youtu.be/6pW2OWZ96h0

• Haha 1

• Admin
40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interview/Workouts/Tape watching have all wrapped up....There is only ONE question left to Answer before the draft............WILL THE CHAT ROOM BE OPERATIONAL FOR THE LIVE DRAFT???

😁

No, unfortunately there won't be just yet ... being looked into

• Like 1

Will some one explain why Tyler Herro is ranked ahead of Dylan Windler?  I have not watched any games of either player but from highlights of their offense I would prefer Windler.   Herro doesn't seem very fast with the ball in his hands, his dribbling reminds me of Tyler Dorsey.  Dylan Windler seems more fluid with his dribbling and has a super quick trigger from 3 land.    I am just trying to figure out why the love for Herro and not Windler?

1 minute ago, Blunt91 said:

Will some one explain why Tyler Herro is ranked ahead of Dylan Windler?  I have not watched any games of either player but from highlights of their offense I would prefer Windler.   Herro doesn't seem very fast with the ball in his hands, his dribbling reminds me of Tyler Dorsey.  Dylan Windler seems more fluid with his dribbling and has a super quick trigger from 3 land.    I am just trying to figure out why the love for Herro and not Windler?

One played at Kentucky, the other didn't?

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

One played at Kentucky, the other didn't?

Yeah I figured he was getting pushed because he played at a major college, but I think Windler is the better player, who would you choose out of the two or would you stay away from both because they don't play defense.

2 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Yeah I figured he was getting pushed because he played at a major college, but I think Windler is the better player, who would you choose out of the two or would you stay away from both because they don't play defense.

This.  I'm hoping we put a premium on defense this year.  We've got to make it a priority at some point.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I don't think he will be a plus defender by any means but I think he won't end up a liability.  His other major talent (beyond looking to spread the floor and score in a variety of situations) is his ability to be a secondary creator:

Strengths

• Solid positional size for a combo guard at 6-6 in shoes despite short arms. Decent frame at 192. Scrappy defender who shows an impressive competitive level on and off the ball.

• High-level shooter who can fill it up out of a variety of actions, especially off the dribble. Can hop or 1-2 into pull-up 3s. Capable of creating space with step-backs. Great elevation and balance. Catches on the hop in transition. Can sprint off screens or into handoffs. Shot 93.5% from the free throw line as a freshman. Picturesque shooting stroke.

• Has offensive upside beyond shooting. Played some PG at the prep level. Comfortable in second-side pick-and-roll. Can make basic reads out of pin-downs or ball screens. Changes speeds to get into his pull-ups. Has touch on floaters.

Improvement areas

• Lacks a degree of defensive upside. Likely at his best guarding point guards in the NBA given his wingspan. Good but not great feet. Struggled with quicker guards like Jared Harper at the collegiate level. Will have to get by on feel and toughness in the NBA.

• Live-dribble game and finishing package are still developing. Made only 24 shots at the rim in the half-court in 37 games. Shot under 50% at the rim and generated only 3.1 free throws per 40 minutes. Has a floater but lacks deceptive finishes. Not overly explosive as a leaper and doesn't get great extension.

• Given his role as a shot-maker, you'd like to see him knock down more than 35.5% of his 3s once he gets to the NBA. Looks much more comfortable off the dribble, as he ranked in the 47th percentile on catch-and-shoot jumpers (and only the 25th percentile when contested).

Projected role: Shot-maker and secondary creator

Herro is also 3.5 years younger.

That said, I don't see Herro as a fit for us since Huerter would fill the exact same role and I'm higher on him.

I been getting info throughout the day. Seems like a trade up will be highly unlikely from #10. Only possible for #8 and Atlanta wants to keep #8 to get two of their guys but other teams seem to want to get one of their guys and an extra pick of value.

The board is becoming more fluid. 

Not really a tier but by board. This seems to be the board of trade value

untradeable

1-3

2nd highest trade tier 

4-9

3rd highest

10-23

4th highest 

24-35

5th

36-44

lowest

45-60

So the trade value board is starting to get set and looks similar to this. 

The belief is trade value is higher than the player value in the 2nd tier due to versatile wings/3/D types with PDS abilities and high end PGs which the NBA values. 

Expectations is this will be your top 9. 

Zion/Ja/R.J. no order Hunter/Culver/White/Garland/Cam/Nas

10-23 is not clear but the idea is some players are in it like Sekou, centers, etc. 

Pels only had one team meet their criteria for #4 trade and they don't like the team doing the offer future asset value, Indy. Just seems unlikely they make a trade. 

Teams want #8 from Atlanta, Atlanta wants #8 too. Expect trades to start at #10.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I been getting info throughout the day. Seems like a trade up will be highly unlikely from #10. Only possible for #8 and Atlanta wants to keep #8 to get two of their guys but other teams seem to want to get one of their guys and an extra pick of value.

The board is becoming more fluid. 

Not really a tier but by board. This seems to be the board of trade value

untradeable

1-3

2nd highest trade tier 

4-9

3rd highest

10-23

4th highest 

24-35

5th

36-44

lowest

45-60

So the trade value board is starting to get set and looks similar to this. 

The belief is trade value is higher than the player value in the 2nd tier due to versatile wings/3/D types with PDS abilities and high end PGs which the NBA values. 

Expectations is this will be your top 9. 

Zion/Ja/R.J. no order Hunter/Culver/White/Garland/Cam/Nas

10-23 is not clear but the idea is some players are in it like Sekou, centers, etc. 

Pels only had one team meet their criteria for #4 trade and they don't like the team doing the offer future asset value, Indy. Just seems unlikely they make a trade. 

Teams want #8 from Atlanta, Atlanta wants #8 too. Expect trades to start at #10.  

Sounds like we need to just stay with what we got. I don’t see a reason packaging 10 & 17 if we can’t move up.

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sounds like we need to just stay with what we got. I don’t see a reason packaging 10 & 17 if we can’t move up.

Teams around 4-7 really value it much more than the true value. Just a terrible trade for the Hawks considering the talent that's available. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

Unless it's for RJ Barrett, I have no interest in trading up. Just take the BPA, with some variation depending on team fit, of course. Maybe that #10 will be a star, who knows.

Agreed. 8 & 10 makes sense for R.J. Trading up makes no sense for anyone 4-8 with our 8 pick. Teams want to kill Atlanta on a trade. No sir

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I don't think he will be a plus defender by any means but I think he won't end up a liability.  His other major talent (beyond looking to spread the floor and score in a variety of situations) is his ability to be a secondary creator:

Herro is also 3.5 years younger.

That said, I don't see Herro as a fit for us since Huerter would fill the exact same role and I'm higher on him.

In your opinion, who is a better player?

Tyler Herro or Grayson Allen?

I wonder what the Hawks think of Sekou after the workout and interview.  If he is there at 10, you'd have to think he gets a real hard look.  It's really hard for me to put an opinion on a guy I haven't seen so I'm not going to say we should or shouldn't....willing to trust Schlenk and the boys.