• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Agreed. 8 & 10 makes sense for R.J. Trading up makes no sense for anyone 4-8 with our 8 pick. Teams want to kill Atlanta on a trade. No sir

They see we have assets and expect us to overpay, they can kick rocks.

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Oh wow! Sekou workout with the Spurs and they loved him. We might have a partner to dance with at 10. 

10 for 19/29. 

This also gives us the legit package of

29/35/41 to possibly move back into the teens.

Could 17/18/19 be a reality. I hope so. So many players in that range I really like.

WAT?  hellz naw.

That'll be horrible.

Take Sekou and be happy.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Oh wow! Sekou workout with the Spurs and they loved him. We might have a partner to dance with at 10. 

10 for 19/29. 

This also gives us the legit package of

Could 17/18/19 be a reality. I hope so. So many players in that range I really like.

And that's BEYOND HORRIBLE for the #10 pick.

Just last year Schlenk wss willing to use #19 and #30 to move to #27 (before the leak).

How the heck does SAS move to #10 with #19 and #29.

C'mon Supes, you dissapoint me :doh:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And that's BEYOND HORRIBLE for the #10 pick.

Just last year Schlenk wss willing to use #19 and #30 to move to #27 (before the leak).

How the heck does SAS move to #10 with #19 and #29.

C'mon Supes, you dissapoint me :doh:

Why your mad at me? I didn't say this was going to happen, just putting it out there that Sekou worked out with the Spurs and I know the Spurs mentioned they could move up to 10 as the reason to the agent. Just saying, don't be shocked. 

45 minutes ago, AHF said:

Schlenk has earned my trust but I won't react well if we pass on Sekou for 19/29.  

This one isn't the best in the world but there is a lot of pick value data and it lines up to the same conclusion:  your odds of getting an impact player diminish pretty rapidly as you progress through the first round in the draft.

http://82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

Don't pass on a high upside guy like Sekou.

What if the Hawks don't like Sekou for what they do? 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What if the Hawks don't like Sekou for what they do? 

Well for what he does, he fits. He will hit the 3 from Trae and D the heck up. I understand the Cam glove 🧤 fit but Sekou doesn’t not fit imo.

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

If Sekou is there at 10 and we don't take him, I'd be hella disappointed... especially if the Spurs want him.

👍🏼 

This notion that this is a three player draft is false. Every year a pre-draft consensus emerges that ends up being totally wrong, and is forgotten years later. When the Raptors drafted Pascal Siakam, it was widely considered a mild reach, but most of the focus was on their top ten pick, pick no.9, Jacob Poltl. Who? It just goes to show the thing is a crap shoot, and all about getting more bites of the apple.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why your mad at me? I didn't say this was going to happen, just putting it out there that Sekou worked out with the Spurs and I know the Spurs mentioned they could move up to 10 as the reason to the agent. Just saying, don't be shocked. 

You seemed thrilled to get picks #17, #18, #19

This also gives us the legit package of

Not good value for #10

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

You seemed thrilled to get picks #17, #18, #19

Not good value for #10

Technically it would be 17, 19, 29, 35 and 41 if that was the terms but yes, 17, 18, 19 could be 

Hayes/Goga

Herro/NAW

Clarke/Washington

That is very appealing to me

Just now, NBASupes said:

I honestly think Culver is going 5th or 7th. Cam seems to be a lock at 8th unless you got him going 9th or later

Ya that seems right. Somebody is falling. The worst thing for us is ignoring Coby White doesn’t get picked by our pick. Then that means Cam and Culver are gone in the top 7, then I guess it’s Sekou.