• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They see we have assets and expect us to overpay, they can kick rocks.

WAT?  hellz naw.

That'll be horrible.

Take Sekou and be happy.

Why do you want to draft an old reporter?  He's way too old, and probably not in the best physical condition.  😀

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya that seems right. Somebody is falling. The worst thing for us is ignoring Coby White doesn’t get picked by our pick. Then that means Cam and Culver are gone in the top 7, then I guess it’s Sekou. 

Coby stock seems to be from 4 to 6. 

Garland from 4 to 7

Hunter 4-8

Culver 4-8 

Cam 7-8

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Technically it would be 17, 19, 29, 35 and 41 if that was the terms but yes, 17, 18, 19 could be 

Hayes/Goga

Herro/NAW

Clarke/Washington

That is very appealing to me

I understand your appeal for #17, #18, #19.....but do you really believe that the #10 value is #19 and #29.....when I've pointed out just last year #17 was worth #19 and #30?

22 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

That trade of 10 for those crappy picks is beyond terrible... makes 0 sense

:good:

Some nice tea leaves from the Athletic, from those of you that are interested. This isn't the entire article. I don't know the rules regarding how much we can paste, but I gave you the juiciest parts.

There may not be a team across the league throughout the pre-draft process that has had more information out there than the Hawks. What we do know is what I’ve been reporting for some time now: The first name I heard regarding the team’s interest in a prospect (outside of Zion Williamson, the consensus No. 1 pick) was Reddish.

Reddish was in Atlanta this past Friday to meet with the Hawks. He’s rehabbing from core muscle surgery and wasn’t able to work out, but he spent most of the day with the organization.

“Atlanta is a really nice city and a great place to be,” Reddish said on Monday. “The coaches that were in the facility were really nice and really outgoing and respectful. They really have a great group of people there. Atlanta is really nice.

“Trae (Young) is a phenomenal player. He can obviously score and is a phenomenal passer. I’m a pretty good scorer, as well. Playing with Trae would be a good thing.”

A lot of my conversations concerning Reddish with those around the league start with how they feel Atlanta might be the best fit for him to fully unlock his potential. He’s a better playmaker than he showed during his one year at Duke, and playing with Young and being the team’s secondary ballhandler would help his game.

I recently posed this question to one decision-maker inside the Hawks organization: Is it possible for you guys to actually draft at 8, 10 and 17?

The answer was an immediate yes, which makes sense after what Schlenk publicly said this past Friday about not feeling any urgency to make a deal.

At No. 8, Culver and Hunter will almost certainly be off the board. Reddish is the likeliest member out of the preferred three to still be available at No. 8, and the Hawks would be thrilled to add him there if they stayed put.

There have been some question marks throughout the pre-draft process about Reddish’s love of basketball, which I wrote about earlier this month. I asked him how it affected him to hear those concerns and why he thinks the questions have been so prevalent.

“That’s a great question, and I have no idea,” Reddish said. “I work extremely hard. This is my passion and my love. I’m not exactly sure why people question that. People may not respect my personality. They kind of want me to be a rah-rah kind of guy and that’s just not who I am as of now. It is what it is, and I just have to deal with that.

“Personally, it really didn’t affect me as much as people would think. I just stayed in the gym and stayed away from all of the noise. I just stayed focused. I had to get surgery, so right now I’m just doing rehab and trying to get well. I’m not really paying much attention to it.”

Texas center Jaxson Hayes seems the likeliest pick for the Hawks if they stay at No. 10. Hayes worked out only for the Bulls and the Hawks. Hayes said the organization specifically brought up the lack of center depth on the roster.

“They see me fitting in pretty well with the team because they don’t have too many bigs this year,” Hayes said.

If the Hawks did go a different route from Hayes, UNC’s Nassir Little, Republic of Georgia’s Goga Bitadze and French forward Sekou Doumbouya would be in the mix.

At 17, Kentucky forward PJ Washington is a target for the Hawks. He was just in Atlanta this past Friday for a meeting. He didn’t work out because of foot soreness, but the Hawks do like his game.

Other options at No. 17, if they are still on the board, include Gonzaga’s Brandon Clarke, USC’s Kevin Porter Jr. and Indiana’s Romeo Langford.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I understand your appeal for #17, #18, #19.....but do you really believe that the #10 value is #19 and #29.....when I've pointed out just last year #17 was worth #19 and #30?

:good:

Well 19 has been so good to Travis the last 2 years. Maybe he places a premium on that pick!

😁😁

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Some nice tea leaves from the Athletic, from those of you that are interested. This isn't the entire article. I don't know the rules regarding how much we can paste, but I gave you the juiciest parts.

There may not be a team across the league throughout the pre-draft process that has had more information out there than the Hawks. What we do know is what I’ve been reporting for some time now: The first name I heard regarding the team’s interest in a prospect (outside of Zion Williamson, the consensus No. 1 pick) was Reddish.

Reddish was in Atlanta this past Friday to meet with the Hawks. He’s rehabbing from core muscle surgery and wasn’t able to work out, but he spent most of the day with the organization.

“Atlanta is a really nice city and a great place to be,” Reddish said on Monday. “The coaches that were in the facility were really nice and really outgoing and respectful. They really have a great group of people there. Atlanta is really nice.

“Trae (Young) is a phenomenal player. He can obviously score and is a phenomenal passer. I’m a pretty good scorer, as well. Playing with Trae would be a good thing.”

A lot of my conversations concerning Reddish with those around the league start with how they feel Atlanta might be the best fit for him to fully unlock his potential. He’s a better playmaker than he showed during his one year at Duke, and playing with Young and being the team’s secondary ballhandler would help his game.

I recently posed this question to one decision-maker inside the Hawks organization: Is it possible for you guys to actually draft at 8, 10 and 17?

The answer was an immediate yes, which makes sense after what Schlenk publicly said this past Friday about not feeling any urgency to make a deal.

At No. 8, Culver and Hunter will almost certainly be off the board. Reddish is the likeliest member out of the preferred three to still be available at No. 8, and the Hawks would be thrilled to add him there if they stayed put.

There have been some question marks throughout the pre-draft process about Reddish’s love of basketball, which I wrote about earlier this month. I asked him how it affected him to hear those concerns and why he thinks the questions have been so prevalent.

“That’s a great question, and I have no idea,” Reddish said. “I work extremely hard. This is my passion and my love. I’m not exactly sure why people question that. People may not respect my personality. They kind of want me to be a rah-rah kind of guy and that’s just not who I am as of now. It is what it is, and I just have to deal with that.

“Personally, it really didn’t affect me as much as people would think. I just stayed in the gym and stayed away from all of the noise. I just stayed focused. I had to get surgery, so right now I’m just doing rehab and trying to get well. I’m not really paying much attention to it.”

Texas center Jaxson Hayes seems the likeliest pick for the Hawks if they stay at No. 10. Hayes worked out only for the Bulls and the Hawks. Hayes said the organization specifically brought up the lack of center depth on the roster.

“They see me fitting in pretty well with the team because they don’t have too many bigs this year,” Hayes said.

If the Hawks did go a different route from Hayes, UNC’s Nassir Little, Republic of Georgia’s Goga Bitadze and French forward Sekou Doumbouya would be in the mix.

At 17, Kentucky forward PJ Washington is a target for the Hawks. He was just in Atlanta this past Friday for a meeting. He didn’t work out because of foot soreness, but the Hawks do like his game.

Other options at No. 17, if they are still on the board, include Gonzaga’s Brandon Clarke, USC’s Kevin Porter Jr. and Indiana’s Romeo Langford.

I'm not understanding the Jaxson Hayes hype and I feel 10 is a reach for him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

I get the talent and potential but don't see the fit with the hawks. LP has said specifically he cant see a C that doesn't spread the floor working in our offense.  Hayes - at least as of now- is exactly that. I think I read that he only attempted ONE jump shot all season. Theres a long way to go to get him to spread  the floor. I just dont see it.

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Chris Kirschner is very plugged in with the Hawks.  Earlier in the year, he was reporting there was no way the Hawks would take Jaxson Hayes, for him to put that in the article means it's coming from some reliable sources.   I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to it, if the Hawks feel they can get Hayes to be a shooter,  his defensive upside is massive. Not only does he block shots, but he can switch on the perimeter which means he won't be a liability in the playoffs. If his 70%+  free throw percentage translates to great shooting, you have a two way star on your hands.  He's just so damn raw, though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Image result for so you're saying there's a chance gif

• Like 1

The more I research this draft, the more I'm starting to agree with Sothron.  It wouldn't even hurt my feelings too bad if we traded every pick for future drafts.  Unless we move to #3 and can get Barrett without giving up future picks, I'm just starting to feel kinda meh about anyone making a big difference for us in the rebuilding process from this group.