• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2019 Las Vegas Summer League Thread

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We aren't watching the same guy. You sure you watching McCall or Sibert?

We are, we're just watching through different lenses.  Mine is jaded, yours is rosy.

I'm admittedly being a bit 'extra' but I do think he's not an NBA-level player.

You saying he's "tremendous" is a bit much, no?  Pretty good?  I guess.  But you're talking about him like he's Sidney Moncrief Pippen or something.  Methinks if he was a great as you're saying he is, he'd be on a roster.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We are, we're just watching through different lenses.  Mine is jaded, yours is rosy.

I'm admittedly being a bit 'extra' but I do think he's not an NBA-level player.

You saying he's "tremendous" is a bit much, no?  Pretty good?  I guess.  But you're talking about him like he's Sidney Moncrief Pippen or something.  Methinks if he was a great as you're saying he is, he'd be on a roster.

My rosey one has 20/20 vision. Yours might be a decoy. Maybe you should try my pair. 

He is a tremendous defender. He would be our best defender right now. Bembry makes too many mistakes and isn't disciplined in space. Also his mindset is more M2M based. While McCall is all around defensively. I think he can be special. I don't like comparing him to those guys as those guys were something good on offense. McCall has to find his position. Needs to be more 3/D. McCall just isn't a NBA level offensive player right now but his defense sharp af. 

He reminds me of Seth Curry where he legit af in one area but needs work in others to find a home in the NBA. I would invest in McCall. If you can improve his ball handling to a below average level, shooting with range open at a good level and really develop him into a below average passer, he can be a really good piece off of the bench long term. 

I think McCall is NBA player and long term, an eventual rotation piece. Moreso than even Bembry long term. His defense is better even right now. 

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Well we don’t need a Zaza Kawhi thing in practice and I agree that doesn’t fit the bill of an NBA prototype guy. They kept trying to compare him to Tony Allen. Tony Allen was a badass. That was a bad comparison. I think it was prolly Fran Fraschilla...

I think it was actually Pierce who compared him to Tony Allen, a guy he has coached before. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I think it was actually Pierce who compared him to Tony Allen, a guy he has coached before. 

I think Tony Allen is a good comparison to what my eyes saw. He looked a lot like a young Tony Allen to me. Tony just had a position. You knew he had the bulk to defend 1-3. McCall doesn't have that.

• Thanks 1

What a fizzle for summer league. I had high hopes with Hunter, Cam, Bruno to go along with Trae and Huerter; only to have them drowned out by scared ass management decisions and a injury to Cam.

On the bright side, my NBA League Pass auto renewed today so I will be ready for the preseason!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

What a fizzle for summer league. I had high hopes with Hunter, Cam, Bruno to go along with Trae and Huerter; only to have them drowned out by scared ass management decisions and a injury to Cam.

On the bright side, my NBA League Pass auto renewed today so I will be ready for the preseason!

Everyone was holding back this year. Most of the lottery picks barely played or didn't play at all. NBA should give refunds to the fans.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

To be fair, Pierce (I believe) said Trae and Huerter wouldn't play as soon as the season ended. And we knew Cam was rehabbing before we drafted him. But it's too bad about Hunter. Of course there's little reason to run him out there for a glorified scrimmage if he's not 100%.