• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Going on record right now

Admin

• Moderators

I hope you're right.

I'm one of the few who really enjoyed the Hawks with Mookie and Smitty. I didn't find that boring at all.

This team I find very very boring. Even when they win its boring. I like watching SAR post up but that's not happening much anymore. Other than that no one on this team ever does anything exciting. Rarely do any shooters get really hot. No great moves to the basket and the passing is just poor.

I'll always be a Hawks fan but I don't have much interest in watching unless I know someone new will be playing. That's why any trade would be good at this point. Give us something to watch.

• Moderators

It was a typical Hawks game. No defense, Glover playing lots of critical minutes for no apparent reason, and bad passing.

You would think that an almost empty arena would prompt Knight to do something/anything. If this is a business (which maybe is really just a write off) then you would think they would be working harder to put fans in the seats.

But don't worry Dolfan the idiots are on the court. Fans like us aren't idiots; just glutons for punishment

Quote:

It was a typical Hawks game.
No defense, Glover playing lots of critical minutes for no apparent reason, and bad passing.

You would think that an almost empty arena would prompt Knight to do something/anything. If this is a business (which maybe is really just a write off) then you would think they would be working harder to put fans in the seats.

But don't worry Dolfan the idiots are on the court. Fans like us aren't idiots; just glutons for punishment

Glover had a pretty good game last night. He was efficient with his shot's (6-10), rebounded well (9 boards) and passed ok (5 assist). The one negative was his 3 turnovers. I didn't watch the game, because the Hawks have really turned me off, but judging by the box score, I can see why he was playing over a very ineffective Boris Diaw.

TROUBLEMAN

Mac,

Did we watch the same game? Dion was a major factor in keeping us in the game early on (after the starters showed no resistance). Also, how can you blame Dion and JT for allowing Brand to go off in the final few minutes when the Clipper pulled away? ooo.gif

Trouble,

Having a good stat line is NOT indicative of good play always.

Heck, look at Reef or Brand. Sometimes those guys fill a line, but do very little.

Glover made poor decisions all night. Was consistantly out of position on defense and allowed his man penetration ALL DAY LONG.

Glover should NEVER be on the court. Diaw rebounds much better. Makes the extra pass (a little too often), but since he started shooting they have relegated him to the bench. Diaw is much smarter overall.

Glover is worthless.

He is almost as bad as Stephen Jack-"it up"-son.

Play.

OGRat,

No one could have stopped Brand. He was just on.

He put up some bull-stuff ... and it went in. Hands in his face, kicking him in the knee... and it went in.

Glover and JT are just idiots.

Glover has about as much on-court NBA basketball sense as I do... and that is QUITE limited. Plus, he is darn near talentless. He chunks up these off-balance layups that have no business going in. He gets lucky, and people praise him. Look at his season numbers.... trust me... it is luck when he shoots anywhere NEAR 50%.

JT is just ignorant. Chunking up the pull up three is just D-U-M-B dumb.

Play.

• Moderators

I admit I'm no fan of Glover, but I'm not saying he is totally useless. I'm saying he had no business in the game for the last 5-6 mintues of the 4th. We lost because we couldn't stop them from scoring in crunch time. and it wasn't just Brand it was guards cutting for easy slams and open j's.

I'm not even totally blaming him. He played poor defense so to have him in the game at crunch time with another guard who plays poor defense really handicaps us. At the end we don't need 5 scorers in the game. We just need a somebody who is going to D and rebound.

Mac,

That is what I said in my post about the coach being an idiot!

Our problem wasn't scoring, it was stopping them.

Diaw is our BEST one-on-one defender. He may be a rookie, but he is lanky and long.

But, to rebuff your statement.... Glover is COMPLETELY worthless. He is yesterday's trash and can't make any roster except ours. Look in the offseason.... he couldn't even get on at the bare minimum.

He's a bum.

Play.