• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks traded Luka Doncic for Trae Young and Cam Reddish

NBASupes

Just now, hawkman said:

Excellent trade. Trae and Cam for 2018 #3 is ridiculously good value. The people who doubt Hunter are wrong and the people who doubt Cam are dead wrong. Cam was made for the NBA.

Actual Factuals

• Premium Member

It took some time, but I was good with just the Trae for Luka swap come December. Adding Reddish is icing on the cake. So many writers acted like we just swapped players and forgot we actually would get another guy out of it. 

• Premium Member

Hawks absolutely won that trade, arguably with Trae the better player medium and long term between he and Doncic to begin with and then to add Reddish, ridiculous. That's 10000 calorie icing there lol. 

As for Cam ... he is getting into a perfect situation, sharing PT with Hunter the high floor guy will help him realize his high ceiling under the guidance of Coach LP, both picks also benefit from TY's phenomenal offense at PG

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:
53 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

ade before the draft. Most over-hyped euro ever

🙄 Luka has been awesome ... he more then lived up to his hype.  He is not a villain because we traded him 

His fans are awful 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, High5 said:

I'm not sold on Cam at all, but I was already content with the trade just from a Trae vs. Luka perspective. If Cam turns into a solid contributor then even better.

Agreed...

1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

I was great with the Luka trade before the draft. Most over-hyped euro ever

While I was great with the trade before this draft too. I would hardly call Doncic over-hyped. He had a historic rookie season by any standard, but so did IceTrae. I love Trae. Add Cam and it is even more a win for the Hawks.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I’m super excited about Cam but he will need to prove it on the floor before final verdicts are rendered as we watch Luka and Young continue to develop.

My call is a win/win trade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

🙄 Luka has been awesome ... he more then lived up to his hype.  He is not a villain because we traded him 

Luka has been good. He will be solid in the NBA but he will never achieve what is being set for him.. Sorry bro but we can debate this again in a couple years.

He will have a solid career but he will never be a superstar