• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Case for Rookie of the Year

NBASupes

Dallas fan(s) are having a blast with the results. I honestly think Trae should had won it, but we all knew from the start of the season who they picked to win it. It reminds me of the Blake Griffen dunk contest, they already picked the winner, and although Blake Griffens dunks were not great at all, they overhyped him from the start. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

Dallas fan(s) are having a blast with the results. I honestly think Trae should had won it, but we all knew from the start of the season who they picked to win it. It reminds me of the Blake Griffen dunk contest, they already picked the winner, and although Blake Griffens dunks were not great at all, they overhyped him from the start. 

Let them have their meaningless victory. We will take the future with our exceptional pg

• Like 4

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Oh wasn’t that Dirk talking shit? Thought it was my bad if it wasn’t.

I think it was removed

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

The vote total is about as lopsided as I expected. The voters already made up their mind by early Dec. so nothing Trae did from mid Dec to the end of the season mattered.

I think they should have been Co ROY.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The vote total is about as lopsided as I expected. The voters already made up their mind by early Dec. so nothing Trae did from mid Dec to the end of the season mattered.

I’d be all on board with co-ROY but this can’t be a big surprise.  Doncic averaged something like 23, 9 and 7 over Feb - Apr.  He wasn’t struggling badly to put up big numbers at any point.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

I think this comment about the media is unfair.  Let's just look at the situation in December that would lead talking heads to say so adamantly that Luka is going to win.  The situation was that Trae was putting up historically bad efficiency numbers while Luka pretty much came out of the gate in mid-season form.  Having a strong opinion at that time isn't or wasn't controversial.  It was honest and true to what each were doing.  I don't think any of us at that time expected Trae to go on the tear he did the rest of the season.  Yet he did so why didn't that bridge the gap?  Well basically because Luka didn't have any significant falling off from his numbers and looked the part of what the hype around him was.  Remove Luka from this year and Trae wins it unanimously.  Assigning an almost conspiracy level of pre-determination about the reward in December fails to consider just how good he was all year whereas Trae took a minute to get rolling.  That's really what the deciding factor.  It diminishes what Luka did to layer the award with a level of media bias and pre-determinism.  I mean who here, after trying to remove as much Hawk bias as possible, would have truly voted for Trae over Luka?