• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

D’Andre Hunter =‘s Pippen

timdawg777

The thing with Pippen is his motor was 110% rev all the time.  I grew up in the Chicagoland area and had the pleasure of watching Jordan and Pippen play together.  Jordan would openly tell people the Bulls might not have won a championship without Pippen.  Part 2 of the video I linked begins with them saying he was a 1 man wrecking crew. it's an overused phrase but totally described the man. He made point guards play scared.  There have been very similar players in the league....None with the skills and motor. Demarre had that motor but no where near the skills. Some have had the skills but no where near that dog in them.  Pippen was obsessed, every play, every night.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Better shooting Luol Deng as his ceiling is a good one.

Deng was a better athlete, better steals and blocks rate, not quite the feel for the game or BBIQ that Hunter has. 

Hunter strengths are the ability to defend 1-5

Great base

Tremendous at recover and man defense.

Tremendous and covering space

Elite team defender

Can score from all three levels

good close out slasher

great decision maker

great basic passer

good feel for the game off the ball

Great length, standing reach and wingspan

weaknesses

no wiggle

lack of creativity on handles

average 1st step

average slasher

average finisher in traffic

Struggles to beat you when he can't use BBIQ or your lack there of. 

Timid on offense

streaky shooter

slow hands

relies too much on instincts

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Did he just criticize a player who shot 43.8% from 3 and 55% from 2 on his jumper?

Yes, because if you watch the tape, you see flaws. I watched many hours of Hunter.  I love him as a player. The most high impact player in this class outside of Zion day 1 but he is not a SF. He wasn't one in college and he damn sure is not one the in NBA. Just not a good enough athlete but he can play on the wing without question v. 4s. 

To me, you start Reddish. He is your best SF on the roster. 

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Did he also just criticize the most versatile defender in the draft as flatfooted and slow?

He is flatfooted on his shots and does have quick feet. His has elite hips. Some of the best I've seen from any prospect. Reminds me of Rodman in just that regard but he doesn't have the feet. That's fine though, his length and length action is elite in any league. 

Slow? He's not slow. 

2 hours ago, GameTime said:

Better shooting Luol Deng as his ceiling is a good one.

I will gladly take an improved Luol in his prime.. Yes sign me up for that

• Like 1

I think he’s a new age Buck Williams with a little more offense. Still an enforcer/glue quarterback on defense. Basically this would be Schlenk’s Draymond. 

He’s gonna be a good one ☝🏾

I remember Pippen as more of a versatile guy than Deandre as far as overall ball skills but perhaps I’m not recalling 87 Pippen but rather a more polished 1991 vs Lakers finals Pippen. In either case, I don’t see Scottie but I’d love it if he turned out like Pipp.

Actually, come to of that era, isn’t Hunter more of a Horace Grant? Horace with more of a modern day offensive game? I guess I see Hunter as a 4. Keep referring to old PF’s.