• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade Bazemore to Portland for E. Turner

JTB

I don’t understand the arguing here about cam and hunters positions.

At the end of the day schlenk and LP are going to plan and want to put the best talents on the floor for starter minutes in both big and small lineups and if all players pan out and live up to their individual potential the most two used lineups going forward will likely be:

Small Lineup

Pg- Young

Sg- Huerter 

Sf- Reddish 

Pf- Hunter 

C- Collins

(Note: That may turn out to be the best small ball lineup in the east)

Big Lineup 

Pg- Young

Sg- Reddish  

Sf- Hunter 

Pf- Collins 

C- Fernando (and I GUESS this is debatable who is really the future typical size center but I’m very confident Fernando seals that mystery early)

....while everyone is debating on who’s starting between Reddish and Hunter to start the season, I think that debate unreasonable as in the very near future it’s likely that Young, Collins, Reddish, Hunter are ALL locks to be in a starter role in any big or small lineup LP use. 

So end the debate cause Reddish and hunter aren’t odd men out in any lineup scenario once they find themselves in this league ....the real debate is between Huerter and Fernando or whomever becomes the mainly use typical size center next to Collins on this roster and who shows more impact with the other 4 when on the court! That TO ME is more of a battle debate on the starter minutes in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Then you know where Hunter is going:

nba-atlanta-hawks-cleveland-cavaliers1.j

You really believe they traded up just to put him on the bench ? Lol

thats crazy coming from you. It’s clear LP prefers lengthy guys for defensive reasons . Hunter is similar in size to Robert Covington who LP loves or atleast covington has publicly said he loves LP

.....and why wouldn’t we want both Reddish and Cam on the floor around the perimeter?!...two 6’8 guys with 7 plus wingspans.

Huerter is the guy who’s likely going to lose his starting spot unfortunately and become our 6th man.

Edited by JTB

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

You really believe they traded up just to put him on the bench ? Lol

thats crazy coming from you. It’s clear LP prefers lengthy guys for defensive reasons . Hunter is similar in size to Robert Covington who LP loves it atleast covington has publicly said he loves LP

.....and why wouldn’t we want both Reddish and Cam on the floor around the perimeter?!...two 6’8 guys with 7 plus wingspans.

Huerter is the guy who’s likely going to lose his starting spot unfortunately and become our 6th man.

Yes, I 100% believe we traded for him because he was going to go higher and if we didn't, we wouldn't get him. I believe he is our Iggy. I don't see him as being anything more than an elite glue guy who will be critical for us winning it all. We need a player like him and got him. Another player with double forced TOs than Hunter and one who played in the G-League as well. Hunter is a 4. He can spot at 3 and can spot 2-5 but he's not a starter in our system. He would do more harm than good. Cam is a perfect fit, Hunter is a great asset to impact and winning. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Now this i can buy if Cam lives up to the @NBASupes hype machine!

Kevin is a perfect fit, never happening. Trae/Kev/Cam are the 3 amigos

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter is a 4. He can spot at 3 and can spot 2-5 but he's not a starter in our system. He would do more harm than good. Cam is a perfect fit, Hunter is a great asset to impact and winning. 

So he affect winning while on the bench? And you are convinced that Schlenk trade all of those asset to draft John Collin's back up?

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So he affect winning while on the bench? And you are convinced that Schlenk trade all of those asset to draft John Collin's back up?

He would still play 28-32 MPG. He is a high impact player. 

He more like Ginobili or Lou Will than Collins backup, if we didn't move up, we wouldn't get him. You act like he's Evan Turner or Bembry

He will clock as many minutes as Cam.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d actually want Huerter to head the 2nd unit as the major decision maker.

Starters:

Trae/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Dedmon

Bench:

Huerter/Turner/Bembry/Spellman/Bruno

Then that makes the trade for Turner even more useless, he can't play off ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm actually intrigued with Cam playing the 2. If he can live up to his potential, I love the sound of a Reddish/Hunter defensive duo on the perimeter. That's a lot of length to put on opposing players. Two + defenders on the perimeter is exactly what we need playing next to Trae.

Edited by Marvin24Williams
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then that makes the trade for Turner even more useless, he can't play off ball.

Nope he can’t but I’m starting to believe there may be an hidden audition between bembry and Turner possibly cause having these two on the floor at the same time seem like a disaster and big mistake. I actually believe crabbe will certainly get minutes at the backup 2 while either cam or Huerter gets minutes as the backup 3 with turner or bembry running point 

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He would still play 28-32 MPG. He is a high impact player. 

He more like Ginobili or Lou Will than Collins backup, if we didn't move up, we wouldn't get him. You act like he's Evan Turner or Bembry

He will clock as many minutes as Cam.

Supes you a smart dude and get what you’re saying but I don’t believe we’re trying to mimic anything other teams have done so to say, therefore I see no reason to believe that LP wouldn’t want two 6’8 wings with 7 foot wingspans at the 2 & 3 around Trae and Collins at the 4 and whatever center (preferably Bruno)

i don’t see how that messes up anything especially defensively .... If it pans out like we hope it shouldn’t mess up the offense neither as both Trae, Cam, and if Collins can add to his playmaking like he said was his goal this off season then wed have another capable player that can start and run a play in the half court.