• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks trade Bazemore to Portland for E. Turner

JTB

31 minutes ago, hazer said:

The Kagey-Wan (@kg01) is a big fan of my “Code Reddish” too 🚨 

Yes we all were aboard the Reddish train 🚂. I think that’s the only consensus pick for us. Got that Red ATL Reddish jersey on its way mid July.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hazer said:

The Kagey-Wan (@kg01) is a big fan of my “Code Reddish” too 🚨 

I’m not getting any traction with “The Huert” though. What’s the matter with you people? 😳

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes we all were aboard the Reddish train 🚂. I think that’s the only consensus pick for us. Got that Red ATL Reddish jersey on its way mid July.

I meant the nickname I coined, specifically 🚨

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

I meant the nickname I coined, specifically 🚨

Oh yesh yesh code Reddish. It’s got a mountain ⛰ dew vibe to it, I like it! There’s ur first sponsor for Cam. Mountain Dew code Reddish.

These million dollar ideas are all just in the air Hazer! 😉 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/d412ad79-0cc1-463e-ac8a-e2c11b999d42

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I can see a potential problem area.  When someone mentions "Reddish" they might wonder if they're talking about Huerter's hair color, and assume it might be a nickname, or the player who is named Reddish.

Edited by Watchman
  • Haha 1

So I took some time to really dive into what the hell the Turner haters are thinking. Honestly I can't figure it out.

Last season, Baze played 2 more minutes per game, yet

Turner beats Baze 

FG% 46% vs 40%

RBG - 4.5 vs 3.9

APG - 3.9 vs 2.3

TO/G- 1.6 vs 1.8

Baze beats Turner

3PT% 32% vs 21.2% (Kent took 4.5 attempts per game, Turner .7)

Steals 1.3 vs .5

Blocks .6 vs .2

I'm really trying to understand this.  Turner shot 6% better from the floor, Shy'd away from taking 3's and focus'd on creating for others. He posted more rebounds and assists in 10% less minutes per game.  Yes Baze shot better from 3 but he still shot poorly from 3 and took 4.5 shots per game.  Why exactly do we not want this guy at $640k less?  Anyone with a sound argument to why Baze is better?

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So I took some time to really dive into what the hell the Turner haters are thinking. Honestly I can't figure it out.

Turner beats Baze 

FG% 46% vs 40%

RBG - 4.5 vs 3.9

APG - 3.9 vs 2.3

TO/G- 1.6 vs 1.8

Baze beats Turner

Steals 1.3 vs .5

Blocks .6 vs .2

I'm really trying to understand this.  Turner shot 6% better from the floor, Shy'd away from taking 3's and focus'd on creating for others. He posted more rebounds and assists in 10% less minutes per game.  Yes Baze shot better from 3 but he still shot poorly from 3 and took 4.5 shots per game.  Why exactly do we not want this guy at $640k less?  Anyone with a sound argument to why Baze is better?

It gets even better when you compare Turner with the player he is actually replacing in Jalen Adams.

3 hours ago, Watchman said:

I can see a potential problem area.  When someone mentions "Reddish" they might wonder if they're talking about Huerter's hair color, and assume it might be a nickname, or the player who is named Reddish.

Hair color? You mean pubes?

😐 

reeeee reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Im sorry 😐 

• Confused 1

I have always liked Turner but not enough to pay him what he got. I just think he is a sound player with good size. I wish Baze the best; but Turner with his passing skills, better rebounding, and bigger body is a better fit.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Turner beats Baze 

FG% 46% vs 40%

RBG - 4.5 vs 3.9

APG - 3.9 vs 2.3

TO/G- 1.6 vs 1.8

Baze beats Turner

Steals 1.3 vs .5

Blocks .6 vs .2

You don’t really need me or anyone to add to this but I’m going to post this video here even though it’s back from 2015, this is Evan Turner in Brad Stevens system that best uses his strengths as a point forward....Bazemore is a better shooter from 3 but no way can he deliver these passes at any point of his career so far....

https://youtu.be/Fm8AnRoSPrM

Golly.  You mean, you mean that THIS is the new Hawk?  And, he can't shoot or he can't really play this game of basketball??  I know.  I know.  Hi light films can make any player look greater than he really is.

Apparently, many believe he's nothing like the player we see on this old film.  Has he lost it?  If so, can the Hawks help him find it?  Guess we're about to find out.  What if he really is as good as he appears to be on the film?  Maybe our GM is not as dumb as we have made him out to be.  And, remember.  Hawks fans were soured on Baze because of some of his play last season and our GM wanted to send him somewhere that he could make the playoffs right now.

Great move for both players?  I believe that it is.  We shall soon see.

:locomotive:

• Like 2

• Moderators

Straight talk on Turner from a Blazers fan.  If you only want to hear good things on him, turn off the volume and just watch the highlight clips of Turner in Portland.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

Straight talk on Turner from a Blazers fan.  If you only want to hear good things on him, turn off the volume and just watch the highlight clips of Turner in Portland.

Where is the J. Adams highlight clip? Did the Hawks do their analysis of him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1