• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What if the plan is....

Diesel

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

What if the plan is to start Hill and Crabbe.. and bring the young guys along slowly...

No.  Schlenk just cleared out Baze because he would be taking minutes.  Hill has been hot garbage for years and Crabbe is a nice role player who hasn't been a regular starter.  Count on seeing our 2-4 starters being Huerter, Hunter and Collins on day 1.  From there, it depends on how people play.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, AHF said:

No.  Schlenk just cleared out Baze because he would be taking minutes.  Hill has been hot garbage for years and Crabbe is a nice role player who hasn't been a regular starter.  Count on seeing our 2-4 starters being Huerter, Hunter and Collins on day 1.  From there, it depends on how people play.

Why trade Prince for Crabbe unless you see something.   I am not sure why Baze was cleared out for a lesser talent.    Hill ... You got a point.   He or turner can be flipped for another contract later.  

Just now, Diesel said:

Why trade Prince for Crabbe unless you see something.   I am not sure why Baze was cleared out for a lesser talent.    Hill ... You got a point.   He or turner can be flipped for another contract later.  

He got two 1st rounders from Brooklyn

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Than the picks? One just helped us get De'Andre Hunter. 

We had several picks.  Moreover, Hunter gotta prove his worth.  8, 17, 35... IS a lot. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

My guess is TS had:

1.  No interest in paying Prince next offseason.

2. Interest in getting 2 1sts for an asset he had no interest in keeping

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

We had several picks.  Moreover, Hunter gotta prove his worth.  8, 17, 35... IS a lot. 

We did give up a lot, you didn’t include the Cleveland pick. Regardless, I don’t like when people think of it how you just stated it. We essentially swapped 8 and 4, and gave up 17 and 35 to do that.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

We did give up a lot, you didn’t include the Cleveland pick. Regardless, I don’t like when people think of it how you just stated it. We essentially swapped 8 and 4, and gave up 17 and 35 to do that.

Naw.  Those are players you're talking about... not numbers.  If Jaxson, Walker, or Marcos turn out to be something or worse something better than Hunter...   Then everything done is in question.  So there's a lot riding on how good Hunter becomes.  Because if he is a bust or if 2 of these 3 guys are better than him then that would mean that our tanking was for nothing. 

Who cares if Jaxson or NAW are better than Hunter long term. Hunter was the exact fit we needed to be a championship level team down the road especially with Cam Reddish locked in.

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Our starters for next season:

Turner, Anderson, Crabbe, Hill, Plumlee.

Contracts R' Us

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Our starters for next season:

Turner, Anderson, Crabbe, Hill, Plumlee.

Ladies and Gents, I give you the Ultra-Tank. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Who cares if Jaxson or NAW are better than Hunter long term. Hunter was the exact fit we needed to be a championship level team down the road especially with Cam Reddish locked in.

???

I'll try to decipher.  

First off, we got Hunter before we knew we could get Cam.. Nobody thought that Cam would drop to 10.   so that wasn't the plan.   I can't do anything with the part where you say longterm.   Let's say that Jaxson and NAW are better.   Let's say Nurkic and Clarkson to Aaron Gordon Better.  The trade would be wrongheaded.

3 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

Ladies and Gents, I give you the Ultra-Tank. 

Speaking of Solomon Hill, he isn't even listed as an active player on nba.com.  Not on the Nawlins site, not in Players.  Do they know something we don't?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Prince is better. 

Whether he is or not, Schlenk didn't see him as part of the future.  You could tell he was being traded when Schlenk said this publicly:

During his exit interview with the media, Schlenk said he’ll speak with Prince’s agent when that time comes to see if a deal can be worked out in regards to his eligibility of a rookie extension this summer. That doesn’t necessarily mean a deal will get done, and Schlenk wouldn’t say directly whether he sees Prince as part of the foundational core.

Said Schlenk, “I’ve stated this many times, and I honestly believe this, he’s one of the best spot-up shooters in the NBA. That’s what every team is looking for, so I have no problem with Taurean as a player, and I can see him being a part of this team.”

Oh, you can see your starting SF who is still under contract with the team next year and who will be a restricted free agent who can't leave the team unless you let him as being part of the team?  You can stretch that far?  lol  That was meant to communicate "hey, other teams know that when we end up trading him we won't get ripped off because we will hold him if  you don't offer value."  But the bottomline was that they wanted him gone.