• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Resign Dedmon

Jdawgflow

Considering Bruno’s dramatic improvement from his freshman to sophomore seasons, his coach’s claim he’s the MIP he’s ever seen in only 1 year, and his coachability/work ethic, I’m actually going out on a limb with this guess by Christmas:

Len ~ 25 mins

Fernando ~ 10 mins

Collins ~ 8 mins

Spellman ~ 5 mins

Plumlee ~ 48 mins of splinters 

Edited by hazer
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, hazer said:

Considering Bruno’s dramatic improvement from his freshman to sophomore seasons, his coach’s claim he’s the MIP he’s ever seen in only 1 year, and his coachability/work ethic, I’m actually going out on a limb with this guess by Christmas:

Len ~ 25 mins

Fernando ~ 10 mins

Collins ~ 8 mins

Spellman ~ 5 mins

Plumlee ~ 48 mins of splinters 

What happens if Len goes down or gets into foul trouble?

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What happens if Len goes down or gets into foul trouble?

Welcome to the fire, Bruuuuuno! Actually, I suspect (like AHF speculated a few posts back) Schlenk brings in a serviceable/affordable FA backup 5 in the next couple of weeks when the dust settles. Like he did in the cases of Dedmon and Len. In that case:

Len ~ 25 mins 

FA ~ 10 mins

Bruno ~ 8 mins

Collins ~ 5 mins

Spellman ~ DNP/Fat

Plumlee ~ DNP/Bum

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Welcome to the fire, Bruuuuuno! Actually, I suspect (like AHF speculated a few posts back) Schlenk brings in a serviceable/affordable FA backup 5 in the next couple of weeks when the dust settles. Like he did in the cases of Dedmon and Len. In that case:

Len ~ 25 mins 

FA ~ 10 mins

Bruno ~ 8 mins

Collins ~ 5 mins

Spellman ~ DNP/Fat

Plumlee ~ DNP/Bum

I've been trying to find one but they are all being signed up...Some of them for cheap.  Why is he waiting?  Why didn't he make a play for Thomas Bryant?

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I've been trying to find on but they are all being signed up...Some of them for cheap.  Why is he waiting?  Why didn't he make a play for Thomas Bryant?

When everything settles down, sometimes decent players are released to make payrolls work. Schlenk will take the best of who’s left standing after the feeding frenzy, or best roster casualty of those signings. It will most likely be an affordable 1 or 2 year deal for a backup to remain a backup but prove themselves for a bigger contract with another team after the Hawks. See Dewayne Dedmon. Who that is? Nooooo telling at this point, which is what makes it so damn interesting.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hazer said:

When everything settles down, sometimes decent players are released to make payrolls work. Schlenk will take the best of who’s left standing after the feeding frenzy, or best roster casualty of those signings. It will most likely be an affordable 1 or 2 year deal for a backup to remain a backup but prove themselves for a bigger contract with another team after the Hawks. See Dewayne Dedmon. Who that is? Nooooo telling at this point, which is what makes it so damn interesting.

Thomas Bryant is 21 and just resigned a 3year contract worth $25 Mil!  What in hell is he looking for if that is too rich.  It doesn't get any better than that!

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Thomas Bryant is 21 and just resigned a 3year contract worth $25 Mil!  What in hell is he looking for if that is too rich.  It doesn't get any better than that!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d1aa312422e7a4449

• Premium Member
Just now, hazer said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d1aa312422e7a4449

I'm beginning to Think That Schlenk only really pays attention to college prospects.  He should have Scouts also in place monitoring young back up players in the league especially 2nd round picks who are unrestricted after their rookie contracts.  These are just major blunders by his scouting department. Washington is in such bad shape, they could not even retain Satoransky

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Bryant was a restricted free agent.  Teams routinely get good deals on RFA because other teams know if they bid on them their current teams can just match and therefore don't usually come in unless they are willing to overpay.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Bryant was a restricted free agent.  Teams routinely get good deals on RFA because other teams know if they bid on them their current teams can just match and therefore don't usually come in unless they are willing to overpay.

The Bulls forced them to part with Satoransky...We should have at least tried

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Bulls forced them to part with Satoransky...We should have at least tried

If Schlank wanted Satoranskÿ, or to overpay ANYone, he would have already done so. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, High5 said:

Schlenk got Dedmon late year 1 and Len late year 2. He’s earned some trust on that front.

Who would you image would be this year's Dedmon?  Because we knew about Len very early.

44 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who would you image would be this year's Dedmon?  Because we knew about Len very early.

We didn’t sign Len until the 21st. I don’t think he was linked to us at all before then except for being one of several potential center options.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, High5 said:

We didn’t sign Len until the 21st. I don’t think he was linked to us at all before then except for being one of several potential center options.

I said that fan base was aware of him early...Who is the fan base aware of this year?

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I said that fan base was aware of him early...Who is the fan base aware of this year?

I've seen these names tossed out on here:

Koufus

Boban

WCS

Cousins

Nene

Zaza

Javale

Zubac (RFA)

Vonleh

Faried

(I'm sure I'm missing some names)