• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

@thecampster, you got one job today.  Just one.

Most people know my BIL is a huge Heat fan.  He went to bed last night thinking they had Butler.

What I need to know, from you, is can this deal rekindle now that DAL has reneged on taking Dragic?

I need to break the news to him in the most devastating manner imaginable, but I need to know whether or not it can be rekindled before I drive the stake through his heart.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

lol. You act like they won 50 games.

This is one of the worst defenses in NBA history last year probably. And they have added a couple of 20 year olds.

This team is inexperienced and it remains tobe seen if Young/Collins can be a winning combo given their defensive limitations. They can put up numbers, but winning? We'll see.

They clearly could have won 32 games. Considering Trae is going on his 2nd year where PGs like him win 12-15 more games on average, I expect him to be an all star and for us to be at least 7 or 8 seed fighting with Orlando, Detroit and Miami for seeding.

I don’t get why people are so upset we aren’t in a rush to sign marginal free agents who will only take playing time away from our high draft picks that need playing time to develop.

CLP and Schlenk both said it, you have to see what you have in these young guys first before you decide on who you need to take you over the top. 

Trae wouldn’t have broken out if he was coming off the bench last year. Huerter didn’t find his rhythm until he was inserted in to the starting lineup.

Even at Center, Len started and played big minutes for us and showed a lot of potential, and Fernando was a mid first round graded player that could have a niche in this league, why add more pieces in front of him until you see if he can play or not

This youth movement is calculated and intentional and it’s no surprise that the only vets we are adding are all on expiring deals. 

Next year when those contract fall off the books is when you should start expecting us to be big players in FA, so relax and enjoy the show as other teams continue to screw themselves with bad contracts this year

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We should be tired of all of the horrible left overs right?  Don't we deserve better?  I guess if that is what we are use to, we'll never know the difference.

Mmhmm.

We should also be tired of being little brother.  Tired of being {insert team}-South.

How'd "Spurs-South" work for us?  All that did was make us the Spurs' pseudo-dleague team and the trade partner that'd take all their crap so they can get who/what they wanted.

Pass on being that guy for the Warriors.

"Oh we got this huge deal going but allllll we need is for some sucker to take our crap players.  {dials phone}  Heeeey Travis!  Whattup, guuurlll" - Bob Myers

Travis better be all ...

ener.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Most people know my BIL is a huge Heat fan.  He went to bed last night thinking they had Butler.

What I need to know, from you, is can this deal rekindle now that DAL has reneged on taking Dragic?

I need to break the news to him in the most devastating manner imaginable, but I need to know whether or not it can be rekindled before I drive the stake through his heart.

Including Dragic's player option, they are currently $8+ million into the LT with 13 players. 4 of those players are Non guaranteed for about 7 million.  Even renouncing all players and waiving their non-guarantees, Miami would be 1 million into the LT with 6 players left to sign.  They can't get below the LT without trading someone away first.  If Dragic goes elsewhere, they move significantly under the LT but any deal for Butler that adds 17 million to their salary number pushes them into the LT again. So any trade involving Butler and Dragic would require the difference between Butler's new salary and Dragic's new salary being no more than 125%.  The current rumor is the 76er's are willing to take Josh Richardson's salary as part of any 3 way deal.  So with Dragic + Richardson you have outgoing salary of about $28 million meaning Miami can take in as much as $35 million first year.  Yes this is alive, it just requires moving pieces. I'd say likelihood is low but possible.  The problem is finding the team willing to take on Dragic.

So why do they have to take on Dragic. Because Miami still won't have space to sign Butler in to and if the deal is only Richardson for Butler, trade rules barring Butler from making 5 million more than Richardson's salary kick in.  It needs to be both players to satisfy giving Miami enough to give Butler his salary.  My opinion is they are a pawn right now.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

and you're lucky Monday is my day off. No way in hell I'm typing all this nonsense today on my phone.

Mmhmm.

We should also be tired of being little brother.  Tired of being {insert team}-South.

How'd "Spurs-South" work for us?  All that did was make us the Spurs' pseudo-dleague team and the trade partner that'd take all their crap so they can get who/what they wanted.

"Oh we got this huge deal going but allllll we need is for some sucker to take our crap players.  {dials phone}  Heeeey Travis!  Whattup, guuurlll" - Bob Myers

Travis better be all ...

ener.gif

Happier note, I need you to make me some Gifs involving American Gods.  There are a litany of scenes from that show that would apply today.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hazer said:

No, I don’t. I act like some fool used your same argument to claim only 18 wins last year, and we won 61% more than that. The 3 guys who led us to being 1 second from 30 wins will be better than last year due to growth and experience. We drafted 3 rookies who can play D, 1 of them the consensus best defensive player in the draft. He also happens to be the most NBA-ready draftee who you can plug-and-play from day 1. He also happens to be better than Prince. Cam will be better than Baze. Len was better than Dedmon and will be starting. CLP will be a better coach after the learning curve of his rookie season. This team will win more games, not less.

Other teams made moves and have players that get better also.

You really think a couple of 20 year old's are going to step in and make a big difference? Seems unlikely. This team gave up 119 PPG last year.

You keep missing the point about Len. He barely plays half the game because he lacks endurance and athleticism... It would be ok if there was a legit backup, but there isn't. Collins shouldn't play center.

There is little evidence that this team will be much better than last year.

On the other hand, it is fact that this is a less experienced team than last year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Blah, blah, blah .... words

and you're lucky Monday is my day off. No way in hell I'm typing all this nonsense today on my phone.

... so you're telling me there's a chance?

Dang.  Oh well.  He doesn't have a 'thecampster' to explain the possibilities so I'll just paint a bleak picture.  First, I'll congratulate him.  Really build it up.  "Man you guys're gonna be tough with Jimi, right?"

Then I'll twist the knife. 😏

Oh and I don't make these gifs.  There's a bunch of sites that have them.  Here's one ...

https://giphy.com/explore/american-gods

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dang.  Oh well.  He doesn't have a 'thecampster' to explain the possibilities so I'll just paint a bleak picture.  First, I'll congratulate him.  Really build it up.  "Man you guys're gonna be tough with Jimi, right?"

Oh and I don't make these gifs.  There's a bunch of sites that have them.  Here's one ...

You know he ordered the road Jimmy Buckets personalized road jersey last night right? 😆 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Mmhmm.

Travis better be all ...

ener.gif

When does this Sh-t stop???  Sounds like fans don't care if we keep taking other team's crap for picks.  It was ok the 1st 2 years but now its getting old.  We've paid 4 times  or more in salaries for players to either not to play here or sit on our bench.  And the minute we have a free agent that is good, suddenly we have no money...I guess they are saving it for the next phone call.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Other teams made moves and have players that get better also.

You really think a couple of 20 year old's are going to step in and make a big difference? Seems unlikely. This team gave up 119 PPG last year.

You keep missing the point about Len. He barely plays half the game because he lacks endurance and athleticism... It would be ok if there was a legit backup, but there isn't. Collins shouldn't play center.

There is little evidence that this team will be much better than last year.

On the other hand, it is fact that this is a less experienced team than last year.

This can't be any clearer than how you stated it!  Thank You!

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Stefaso Fusaro: Jimmy Butler always wanted to be in Miami. Since requesting a trade from Minnesota, it’s always been his target. He gets the max, he takes the torch from Wade, and he fits perfectly with the franchise. From a source close to Butler: “He believes Miami will maximize his talent.”

😝 

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So start your conversation with 

giphy.gif

Then move to 

giphy.gif

But then just as he's taking that celebration swig be like

giphy.gif

and watch  your friend be all 

giphy.gif

Okay I'm all done....Love that show...back to fantasies of winning

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

When does this Sh-t stop???  Sounds like fans don't care if we keep taking other team's crap for picks.  It was ok the 1st 2 years but now its getting old.  We've paid 4 times  or more in salaries for players to either not to play here or sit on our bench.  And the minute we have a free agent that is good, suddenly we have no money...I guess they are saving it for the next phone call.

I agree with your sentiment.  But I don't necessarily have a problem with taking crap for assets if it's something we decide to do.  I have an issue with teams using us.

Subtle difference but a difference nonetheless.

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

So start your conversation with 

giphy.gif

Then move to 

giphy.gif

But then just as he's taking that celebration swig be like

giphy.gif

and watch  your friend be all 

giphy.gif

Okay I'm all done....Love that show...back to fantasies of winning

Well done, sir.

Full disclosure, vol just put you on his (s)hit-list since he hates gifs.

Worth it.

• Haha 2

I agree with your sentiment.  But I don't necessarily have a problem with taking crap for assets if it's something we decide to do.  I have an issue with teams using us.

Subtle difference but a difference nonetheless.

Well done, sir.

Full disclosure, vol just put you on his (s)hit-list since he hates gifs.

Worth it.

Sad thing is how few people will get those as they've never seen the show.

• Confused 1