• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

But Dragic makes 19 million this year. 

Which is why we aren't engaged (yet). I'm telling you. I keep telling you. The target for us is Whiteside, not Dragic. They just need to pay up for us to make it happen.  They do Whiteside for Plumlee plus fill (about 3 mil) and we clear that Pesky 13 million they need moved to make this happen without hoops to jump through.

But Whiteside sucks you say....who sucks worse....Plumlee at 12 or Whiteside for 27 for 1 year?  I'll wait.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Which is why we aren't engaged (yet). I'm telling you. I keep telling you. The target for us is Whiteside, not Dragic. They just need to pay up for us to make it happen.  They do Whiteside for Plumlee plus fill (about 3 mil) and we clear that Pesky 13 million they need moved to make this happen without hoops to jump through.

But Whiteside sucks you say....who sucks worse....Plumlee at 12 or Whiteside for 27 for 1 year?  I'll wait.

I think i'd do it.  seems like we should get a pick or two. 

17 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I hope we do this! We could use whiteside defensive presence around the goal 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

How do the Hawks have so little cap space and do not have a legit good player?  I know Collins is young and on a rookie deal.  Same with everyone’s ROY Young.  It’s just interesting that the teams two best players make next to nothing in salary.

We told on a mountain of bad 2019 expiring contracts and mixed it with a mountain of elite rookie contracts and you got the 2019-20 Hawks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Other teams made moves and have players that get better also.

You really think a couple of 20 year old's are going to step in and make a big difference? Seems unlikely. This team gave up 119 PPG last year.

You keep missing the point about Len. He barely plays half the game because he lacks endurance and athleticism... It would be ok if there was a legit backup, but there isn't. Collins shouldn't play center.

There is little evidence that this team will be much better than last year.

On the other hand, it is fact that this is a less experienced team than last year.

Our Southeast Division just got worse and we play 16 games against them.

I think a couple of 20 year olds, one who plays better D than Prince who he’s replacing and one who has better handles/passing than Baze who he’s replacing, can make a difference, yes. They’re not the BIG difference though. The growth of Trae/Huerter/Collins/Pierce will be the big difference.

I’m not missing that point on Len at all. So he plays 25 minutes. Fernando plays 15. The other 8 minutes, 2 minutes per quarter, are split between Collins and Spellman and God forbid Plumlee in an emergency. Wow, end of the world. I got news for ya: Collins will be playing spot minutes at smallball C.

Sure we’re losing the experience of Dedmon, Prince, Anderson, and possibly VC. You’re failing to factor in the experience and leap that Trae/Kevin/John/Pierce will be taking when making your calculation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Our Southeast Division just got worse and we play 16 games against them.

I think a couple of 20 year olds, one who plays better D than Prince who he’s replacing and one who has better handles/passing than Baze who he’s replacing, can make a difference, yes. They’re not the BIG difference though. The growth of Trae/Huerter/Collins/Pierce will be the big difference.

I’m not missing that point on Len at all. So he plays 25 minutes. Fernando plays 15. The other 8 minutes, 2 minutes per quarter, are split between Collins and Spellman and God forbid Plumlee in an emergency. Wow, end of the world. I got news for ya: Collins will be playing spot minutes at smallball C.

Sure we’re losing the experience of Dedmon, Prince, Anderson, and possibly VC. You’re failing to factor in the experience and leap that Trae/Kevin/John/Pierce will be taking when making your calculation.

🏆 (Hazer u got the 🏆 early today). 👏 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Whiteside complained about his role in Miami and he would have a smaller one here. I'm not sure that would go over well. And you really don't want a veteran malcontent around a bunch of kids. 

5 minutes ago, High5 said:

Whiteside complained about his role in Miami and he would have a smaller one here. I'm not sure that would go over well. And you really don't want a veteran malcontent around a bunch of kids. 

Smh well he’s going to realize his role will be limited everywhere. He can’t shoot and most traditional centers even if they are good at protecting the rim can’t defend small ball play and get torched on screens and spacing 

he can be a good paint defender and rim protector, finisher on offense but he skill set no longer allows him to play full time minutes in this era.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

But Dragic makes 19 million this year. 

From the Dallas Morning News: ".........However, according to Townsend, that deal didn't work mathematically, with the Heat falling $1.7 million short of a trade match. By late Sunday night, a source told Townsend, that the Mavericks had pulled out of the deal, although there remained a chance it could be revived..........."

If the Heat can get a third team to put a $1.7m asset into the deal, then, at least mathematically, it's doable that the original trade can get done.

Whether DAL wants Dragic now appears to be the sticking point. (I'm not suggesting we would somehow end up with Dragic, fwiw.)

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Happier note, I need you to make me some Gifs involving American Gods.  There are a litany of scenes from that show that would apply today.

How is that show?  Thought the book was only decent so haven't checked it out but seems to have some buzz.

• Moderators

Losing Harkless will mean even more will be expected from Baze but Blazers fans have to be holding a party after unloading Leonard and Turner this offseason.  

• Like 3