• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

How is that show?  Thought the book was only decent so haven't checked it out but seems to have some buzz.

i really enjoy it. First season takes a while to figure out what the heck is going on, but enjoyed it. 

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Our Southeast Division just got worse and we play 16 games against them.

I think a couple of 20 year olds, one who plays better D than Prince who he’s replacing and one who has better handles/passing than Baze who he’s replacing, can make a difference, yes. They’re not the BIG difference though. The growth of Trae/Huerter/Collins/Pierce will be the big difference.

I’m not missing that point on Len at all. So he plays 25 minutes. Fernando plays 15. The other 8 minutes, 2 minutes per quarter, are split between Collins and Spellman and God forbid Plumlee in an emergency. Wow, end of the world. I got news for ya: Collins will be playing spot minutes at smallball C.

Sure we’re losing the experience of Dedmon, Prince, Anderson, and possibly VC. You’re failing to factor in the experience and leap that Trae/Kevin/John/Pierce will be taking when making your calculation.

This team had a negative 6 point differential last season. Only 4 teams were worse. The team was dead last in points given up. 

Kevin Hueter will probably have to make the biggest leap as I have serious doubt that Trae will make any notable improvement on that end.

No matter how “NBA ready” Hunter is... He will probably struggle with the pace the NBA and the length of the season.

John Collins needs to learn to box out because he is terrible at it.

Either way, we’re clearly not going to agree. So whatever.

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

This team had a negative 6 point differential last season. Only 4 teams were worse. The team was dead last in points given up. 

Kevin Hueter will probably have to make the biggest leap as I have serious doubt that Trae will make any notable improvement on that end.

No matter how “NBA ready” Hunter is... He will probably struggle with the pace the NBA and the length of the season.

Care to wager if we win more, or less, this season? 😳

FREE AGENCY EXPLOSION.  DUST ROLLING EVERYWHERE !!

When all the dust settles, and it will in a week or so, then the Hawks will look around and see who got stranded in all the moves.  Someone is sure to be there, hoping for someone, any one, to come and pick them up.

Then and only then may we expect our GM to act.  Now, if someone comes along and offers that "knock your sox off" deal, all bets are off.  Otherwise, sit back, relax and see what team grows and what team goes under.....

:deke:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let's try this one more time:

Everybody.....relax. :beach:

Kirschner is proving himself to be such a poser. It's better than C-Viv, because at least he seems to care to generate relevant information for our consumption in a timely way.

But any of us could have posted that same tweet with complete technical accuracy.... "we'll see if things change" grants him an out, but indeed, Schlenk himself has already been on record that he wouldn't be active until after the initial rush, that his approach would be the same this OS as it had been in previous OSs, and his history as someone else already recounted in some post I was reading last night, is that it's been well into July before he makes moves.

I'm not impressed yet that he actually has an "source" worth any salt.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Kirschner is proving himself to be such a poser. It's better than C-Viv, because at least he seems to care to generate relevant information for our consumption in a timely way.

But any of us could have posted that same tweet with complete technical accuracy.... "we'll see if things change" grants him an out, but indeed, Schlenk himself has already been on record that he wouldn't be active until after the initial rush, that his approach would be the same this OS as it had been in previous OSs, and his history as someone else already recounted in some post I was reading last night, is that it's been well into July before he makes moves.

I'm not impressed yet that he actually has an "source" worth any salt.

You didn't  like what he said about Bol Bol, i get it.....See if this makes you feel better.

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let's try this one more time:

Everybody.....relax. :beach:

You people are suckers just hittin the refresh button on ur screens just hoping for a Woj 💣!

WHY DON’T YOU DO SOMETHING WITH UR LIVES???

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You didn't  like what he said about Bol Bol, i get it.....See if this makes you feel better.

On the first part, whether I "liked" what he said about Bol is irrelevant.

In real life, I'm a "give the other person the benefit of a doubt until they prove otherwise" kinda person.

In cyberspace, I'm a skeptic.... and I believe for good reason... newbie reporters have to prove themselves.

It is noted that it turns out Bol went as low as he did, and that, when Schlenk traded back into the draft, it was for Fernando, not Bol. So, Kirschner gets credit for his source not being wrong about that (... which is different, though, than being right. What we know is that Schlenk preferred Fernando over Bol; there's reason to believe, then, that he was among the GMs not interested in Bol, but that's a standard less than what we know.)

On the second part, I'm flat footed... that would make me "feel better" because? Dunno.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

How is that show?  Thought the book was only decent so haven't checked it out but seems to have some buzz.

If you are a culture-aholic like I am its great. The first 5 minutes is always an intro to something about some culture's belief system. Mad Sweeney was an amazing character concept from the beginning. The "A Prayer for Mad Sweeney" episode was pretty awesome as it touched on many topics many people don't know....like the change in culture in the Celtic lands from when the Norse and then French/English influences came in to how the Irish and Scottish were bound into "indentured servitude" for 7 years but it became permanent the second they crossed the big pond to especially the story of Mr. Nancy (Anansi) which is lost culture post slavery and maybe the biggest travesty of that time with former slaves having lost their original culture. The parts I love of the show is how true to history they remain while pounding a fantasy novel/show. They don't get into commercialized history but actual history. The real name of Thor (Donar Odinson) to the worship of Bilquis (multiple versions of this in history) and even the real story of the Djinn.  So mixed with a heavy dose of mysticism, blood, sex and violence is the concept of what happens to Gods who people stop worshiping and how do they reclaim that worship.  It's pretty deep and I highly recommended it for the more mature and educated audience.  Otherwise 1/2 of it might go over the average viewers head.

Side Note, the guy who plays Shadow Moon is pretty awesome and would have been a great avengers casting had he been so inclined. I really like Shadow and Mad Sweeney.  Mad Sweeney being my favorite character by far (and most people's as well).

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

They were dead last by 4 points 29 games in.  They were 13 points negative 29 games in....only 6 to end the season....use some context.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

On the first part, whether I "liked" what he said about Bol is irrelevant.

In real life, I'm a "give the other person the benefit of a doubt until they prove otherwise" kinda person.

In cyberspace, I'm a skeptic.... and I believe for good reason... newbie reporters have to prove themselves.

It is noted that it turns out Bol went as low as he did, and that, when Schlenk traded back into the draft, it was for Fernando, not Bol. So, Kirschner gets credit for his source not being wrong about that (... which is different, though, than being right. What we know is that Schlenk preferred Fernando over Bol; there's reason to believe, then, that he was among the GMs not interested in Bol, but that's a standard less than what we know.)

On the second part, I'm flat footed... that would make me "feel better" because? Dunno.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2