• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

28 minutes ago, kerrypack said:

I thought the second season struggled.  Loved the book.

Also loved the male nudity, of course.

2nd season was deep to me.  Really delved into societal norms and issues.  Touched on many of the aspects people love and hate about religion.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Elfrid Payton to the Knicks.  2/$16mil

I mean, c'mon?  You traded Porzingo ... for this?  This was the plan all along?

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Two young "after-market" UFAs on my radar, fwiw...

1) Cauley-Stein

2) Mudiay

Wondering if Mudiay is more available now than he was.

He did some nice things in NYK that hinted to me he's worth a 2 year deal.

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wondering if Mudiay is more available now than he was.

He did some nice things in NYK that hinted to me he's worth a 2 year deal.

I'd rather Turner than Mudiay as backup 1.  I don't think, after our draft, there's room in the backcourt for Mudiay.  I pondered the thought prior to the Turner trade though so I don't think you're way off.

Another free agency note, Stein said it's probable that Russell would end up being flipped down the line since he clearly doesn't fit GSW.

That makes more sense to me.

ETA: And a piece of news that, for certain reasons, should shock absolutely no one except maybe @bleachkit ...

Edited by kg01

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd rather Turner than Mudiay as backup 1. 

I'd want Turner and Crabbe (assuming we keep him) on the court at the same time for the most part.

And I'd like Mudiay on the court to pair with Bembry.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'd rather Turner than Mudiay as backup 1.  I don't think, after our draft, there's room in the backcourt for Mudiay.  I pondered the thought prior to the Turner trade though so I don't think you're way off.

Another free agency note, Stein said it's probable that Russell would end up being flipped down the line since he clearly doesn't fit GSW.

That makes more sense to me.

ETA: And a piece of news that, for certain reasons, should shock absolutely no one except maybe @bleachkit ...

You asked to drop it earlier but since you brought it up again, here we go. Drafting or signing European players does not make an organization racist. Just as a team of all black players is not indicative of a racist organization. The Mavs also have have numerous black players on the team. I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole of a race debate, but I can't let your specious and ridiculous assertions go unchallenged. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

You asked to drop it earlier but since you brought it up again, here we go. Drafting or signing European players does not make an organization racist. Just as a team of all black players is not indicative of a racist organization. The Mavs also have have numerous black players on the team. I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole of a race debate, but I can't let your specious and ridiculous assertions go unchallenged. 

Is that what I said?

Spoiler alert: Nope.

• Haha 1

• Moderators

If there is some report of racist conduct with the Mavs let's post the report and discuss on a new thread in the Around the Association forum.   If there is not, I'm not even sure what people are discussing but it doesn't belong on the free agency thread in Home Court.

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

If there is some report of racist conduct with the Mavs let's post the report and discuss on a new thread in the Around the Association forum.   If there is not, I'm not even sure what people are discussing but it doesn't belong on the free agency thread in Home Court.

To bring you up to speed, in another thread (Time machine...) KG01 made the claim that the Mavs were racist, which I disagreed with and asked for supporting evidence, which he did not provide. In this thread, he just tagged me in a post about Mavs just signing a Euro, which is why I made the retort. I am not trying to start race debates, but I feel if an accusation of racism is made, then supporting evidence most also be provided as a matter of fairness. 

Edited by bleachkit

• Moderators
Just now, bleachkit said:

To bring you up to speed, in another thread KG01 made the claim that the Mavs were racist, which I disagreed with and asked for supporting evidence, which he did not provide. In this thread, he just tagged me in a post about Mavs just signing a Euro, which is why I made the retort. I am not trying to start race debates, but I feel if an accusation of racism is made, then supporting evidence most also be provided as a matter of fairness. 

No worries.  Nobody is getting put on double secret probation.  Just don't want us to go down the rabbit hole or race issues in this thread.  I personally don't think there is anything worth discussing about the Mavs unless there is some evidence but if there is then we should start a new thread in the Association forum.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

No worries.  Nobody is getting put on double secret probation.  Just don't want us to go down the rabbit hole or race issues in this thread.  I personally don't think there is anything worth discussing about the Mavs unless there is some evidence but if there is then we should start a new thread in the Association forum.

Wait, when did I get off probation?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Wait, when did I get off probation?

I didn't say anyone who was on double-secret probation is off -- just that no one is getting put on.  And you know the penalty for talking about double-secret probation, don't you?  :spank:

• Like 1

2 years 10 million total for Kanter is a steal.  Probably the best contact given out.  Defensively he’s bad, but his offense more than makes up for it.

Seeing that we might be looking at a particular FA center but am thinking with Poythress still with us as a two way contract backup forward and with the grow with our youth mentality of Travis would be surprised if any real money is spent on one this off season. Letting Dedmon get away even before he probably would have cost us just what he cost the other guys is an example I believe. Just don't think he spends much on one right now. Len, Bruno and Plumlee until they figure out for sure what to do with that third one of ours. 

• Premium Member

Thoughts, dovetailing on that, @Thomas:

1) I believe Poythress' 2-way was set aside when he signed the midseason contract that he did. So, he's not actually on the roster in any way right now, though Jay reports he's still working out in ATL.

2) I also believe Poythress may be a legit option considered for a slot behind Collins and Spellman.

3) I don't think he'll be back on a 2-way, though, because I'm inclined to think that Schlenk's philosophy is to sign 2-ways as midseason pick-ups, and the position is dictated by what you anticipate you're going to be losing in February... ie, either by virtue of trades or by virtue of releases.

4) I believe Brown was signed because it's anticipated that Crabbe will be dealt, or if not him, then Bembry.

5) I believe Plumlee is all but assured of being on someone else's roster by midseason, so I'm expecting to see a 2-way pick-up at the 5.

hace 2 horas, Plainview1981 dijo:

This team had a negative 6 point differential last season. Only 4 teams were worse. The team was dead last in points given up. 

Kevin Hueter will probably have to make the biggest leap as I have serious doubt that Trae will make any notable improvement on that end.

No matter how “NBA ready” Hunter is... He will probably struggle with the pace the NBA and the length of the season.

John Collins needs to learn to box out because he is terrible at it.

Either way, we’re clearly not going to agree. So whatever.

I think we are understimating the contributions we will receive from Evan Turner and Allen Crabbe, another year of experience for Bembry and Len, that are still young players and the growth Young, Collins and Huerter are supposed to have. Those are already 7 players, add the 3 rookies and Spellman and you have a rotation of 11 players, not even counting Solomon Hill that I think could eventually provide some help.

We have lost Bazemore, his cobtribution will be replaced by Crabbe. I think is better fit for the team.

We have lost Prince and his contribution will be replaced by Hunter, I expect slightly worst offense but definately much better defense.

We have lost Lin, but the team had his best run without him, with Adams backing Young. I don't like Turner but he will provide better defense and good passing instead of Lin and anyway is not that Lin was contributing to winning

And we lost Dedmon and we do not have a replacement for now... Spellman and Fernando could cover his minutes but best run of the team came with Dedmon missing half of the games. I think he was key for the team, but Spellman and Fernando could cover his absence and we can find someone at FA.

Apart from these additions and substractions we have added Cam Reddish that can replace Vince Carter's production.

I see we clearly lose with Demon's departure, I don't like our backup PG but is also true that neither Lin or Dedmon were key contributors to the bigger run of the team. We have some young players with potential improvements and rookies that have a lot of potential in paper. We are a big away to be at least as good as last year. Summer lesgue will be a good indicator of what we can expect.

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

5) I believe Plumlee is all but assured of being on someone else's roster by midseason, so I'm expecting to see a 2-way pick-up at the 5.

Makes sense with the way Travis is operating more for the next off season am thinking. Might sound odd but think Diesel might be right on about the trade line being absolutely it and not before for Plumlee. At the end of the day though Dwight is gone in large part because of Plumlee's ugly contract. So am willing to wait a little longer here.

3 hours ago, sturt said:

From the Dallas Morning News: ".........However, according to Townsend, that deal didn't work mathematically, with the Heat falling $1.7 million short of a trade match. By late Sunday night, a source told Townsend, that the Mavericks had pulled out of the deal, although there remained a chance it could be revived..........."

If the Heat can get a third team to put a $1.7m asset into the deal, then, at least mathematically, it's doable that the original trade can get done.

Whether DAL wants Dragic now appears to be the sticking point. (I'm not suggesting we would somehow end up with Dragic, fwiw.)

Of course they want him.. He is another white guy to throw on the team. Cuban loves his euro white guys since he fell head over heels for Dirk..