• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

On George to LAC, a guy on TOS made a good point.

Why's everyone forgetting that George was banging Doc's daughter, famously cheated on her and is now dating the mistress/stripper who he had famously offered $1millo to get an abortion?

So weird that he's now his coach.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First domino to fall for Hawks

The Atlanta Hawks have acquired guard Allen Crabbe, a conditional 2020 first-round pick and the draft rights to guard Nickeil Alexander-Walker, the 17th pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, from the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for forward Taurean Prince and a 2021 second-round pick, it was announced today. “Allen is a proven veteran in this league and adds another three-point threat on the wing for us. We’re happy to welcome him to the Hawks,” said Hawks General Manager and Head of Basketball Operations Travis Schlenk.

• Premium Member

Tagging on to Bird's thought above...

I love the cloudy image on the horizon of LAL, NYK, and BOS all being headed toward a downward slope, but it's just a shame that's not yet come clearly into view. Maybe in two years it will have?

Not sure there's been a time in my life when all three were in the valley of despair at the same time.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

On George to LAC, a guy on TOS made a good point.

Why's everyone forgetting that George was banging Doc's daughter, famously cheated on her and is now dating the mistress/stripper who he had famously offered $1millo to get an abortion?

So weird that he's now his coach.

Dang. I have a LOT of TMZ watching to catch up on. I honestly had heard none of that before. Kinda feel like I need a shower now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Dang. I have a LOT of TMZ watching to catch up on. I honestly had heard none of that before. Kinda feel like I need a shower now.

Take 2 showers.  Doc's daughter seems like a nice enough girl but her name was... around a lot for a while.  I think she's settled down now. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Tagging on to Bird's thought above...

I love the cloudy image on the horizon of LAL, NYK, and BOS all being headed toward a downward slope, but it's just a shame that's not yet come clearly into view. Maybe in two years it will have?

Not sure there's been a time in my life when all three were in the valley of despair at the same time.

I doubt they all go down they will just trade for better players.  

• Premium Member

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/1147554967206715397 https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/1147554967206715397 These guys have been taking flack from Lakers fans for weeks, and deserve credit for standing by their, um, sources... doesn't mean their sources are always gonna be right, but I know I'll be one of those slow to disregard them in the future...

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Take 2 showers.  Doc's daughter seems like a nice enough girl but her name was... around a lot for a while.  I think she's settled down now. 

Isn't she now married to Seth Curry?

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sturt said:

I'm having trouble picturing XXL bigs like Zubac on this team, given the philosophies that we've been explicitly hearing come from Hawks central command. It's the same reason I was one of those persuaded they were almost certainly going to find a way to grab Bruno in the draft. They're looking for guys who authentically can switch on defense, yet be good shooters and passers.

(And yes, that's why I don't completely rule out interest in Cousins, even while I mainly rule out any interest in us on his part.) 

What am I missing?

Hmmm....

27 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

First domino to fall for Hawks

The Atlanta Hawks have acquired guard Allen Crabbe, a conditional 2020 first-round pick and the draft rights to guard Nickeil Alexander-Walker, the 17th pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, from the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for forward Taurean Prince and a 2021 second-round pick, it was announced today. “Allen is a proven veteran in this league and adds another three-point threat on the wing for us. We’re happy to welcome him to the Hawks,” said Hawks General Manager and Head of Basketball Operations Travis Schlenk.

Okay that's one trade down...a few more to go.

Help!  I just read that the Hawks also get the draft rights to pick #17, guard Nickeil Alexander-Walker in the Prince deal..

First time I had heard this.  Is this someone drafted and stashed over seas or what?

:hi:

• Confused 1

• Premium Member

Mule, they can't announce everything at once (though I'm not quite sure why that would be the case, in truth).... so, the next thing you might hear is that we've announced that we've traded the #17 draft choice and other for the #4. It's all formalities... nothing's changed from what you already knew.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Help!  I just read that the Hawks also get the draft rights to pick #17, guard Nickeil Alexander-Walker in the Prince deal..

First time I had heard this.  Is this someone drafted and stashed over seas or what?

:hi:

The 17th pick was part of the package to move up to number 4. He won’t be a Hawk!

• Like 2