• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

11 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Getting Cousins for cheap/short term is about putting the Hawks on the map for good. If we sign him to a one or two year deal we are putting ourselves in the position of making the playoffs and maybe even winning a playoff series. I agree with your concerns, but at our current situation making a splash next year could pay off significant dividends long term. If the move can help us make the playoffs and give all of our young guys some extremely valuable experience, plus putting us in the top free agent rader for 2020 and 2021 it would be well worth doing. I agree Cousins isn't a championship guy, but by the time Trae and Collins are peaking Cousins will be long gone and it won't matter. 

Exactly. This dude gets it. You do it because it's a splash and can hopefully get the attention of other, better players in the future and put us on their map. It also has very little downside and could be a crazy steal of a deal for the production. Could be really fun to watch and get us farther into a modest PO run. And if not, meh, we tried but weren't really aiming to get max players for a dynasty right now anyway. History favors the bold. Do it and then run like you stole something. 

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

It would be so Travis Schlenk-like to jump on this one.......................

I kinda doubt it unless that means, for example, Bembry will be gone.

On a semi-related note, anybody else kinda feel like they're watching the demise of the Warriors?  That teams about to get real old and real expensive next year.  Curry showed signs of slowing down which, considering he teetered on the edge of having enough quickness to do what he does at a high level, is significant.

Russell doesn't fit there so more moves are likely coming.  Draymond signed with Klutch which means they'll be seeking the max.

Things about to get real for the Bay Area.  They're about to see how much of a charmed life they've led.  Cinderella's coach is about to turn into a pumpkin.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Some are pretty quick, imo, to assume ET is the first PG off the bench.

I don't.

But regardless, that 3rd PG slot is still up for grabs, and a lot of folks see Cook as coming into his own at this point in his career... could be a long-term back-up to Trae.

35 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Would hope it would be Adams.  

Heh.  I figured he was already gone.  Didn't even think about him.

If I were Cook, I wouldn't want to be "long-term backup" to a guy younger than me.  Based on what he did in the playoffs, I think it's easy to surmise he'll be looking for more than that.

@capstone21, I think the Nets still like Allen long-term.  I think he's more of a backup anyway, honestly.  A high level one but a backup nonetheless.  They have a good rotation with he and Jordan at this point.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If I were Cook, I wouldn't want to be "long-term backup" to a guy younger than me.  Based on what he did in the playoffs, I think it's easy to surmise he'll be looking for more than that.

I'm sure he wants to start somewhere. But whereas you seem to imagine that to be a realistic expectation, I don't.

And/but didn't mean to imply by "long-term back-up" that I think Schlenk would or should sign him to a long-term deal... only that it could work out that way, ie, that he'd become our Patty Mills asset. Most I'd sign him for (or anyone for that matter) is 2 years. But that could get it done.

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm sure he wants to start somewhere. But whereas you seem to imagine that to be a realistic expectation, I don't.

And/but didn't mean to imply by "long-term back-up" that I think Schlenk would or should sign him to a long-term deal... only that it could work out that way, ie, that he'd become our Patty Mills asset. Most I'd sign him for (or anyone for that matter) is 2 years. But that could get it done.

I think he'll have options to sign in LAL or BKN - I actually think this is most likely considering he's Durant's lapdog friend.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

tenor.gif

supt.gif

Hey, at least I didn't go Drake-mode ...

Spoiler

ys.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just  a little info from the Athletic

Kirschner: Hawks quiet in free agency, but they already have nailed their offseason

Edit:  Reminder not to post pay article.  Post an excerpt from the article and a link to the article.  (This is also now being discussed in a separate thread).  Thanks!

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I kinda doubt it unless that means, for example, Bembry will be gone.

On a semi-related note, anybody else kinda feel like they're watching the demise of the Warriors?  That teams about to get real old and real expensive next year.  Curry showed signs of slowing down which, considering he teetered on the edge of having enough quickness to do what he does at a high level, is significant.

Russell doesn't fit there so more moves are likely coming.  Draymond signed with Klutch which means they'll be seeking the max.

Things about to get real for the Bay Area.  They're about to see how much of a charmed life they've led.  Cinderella's coach is about to turn into a pumpkin.

We need a ❤️ button. I had to give u a “thanks” but that’s not what I meant at all.

I f*ckin love this post broh.

Too much truth just shoved down the throats of scrub fans. Ayyyyeeeee scrub fans come get some of this ! It’s egg 🥚 foo F*cking young and chop suey time in the bay. It’s time to shove the scrub fans faces in their own stanky mess.

#nosoysauceever #mycurrytasteslikeassbroh

#mydatesmellslikecurrybroh

bye 👋 Ayesha. Keep eatin that kale 🥬 that isn’t doing much for ya!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The team also could decide to sign a true backup point guard, but options are slim now. Emmanuel Mudiay, Delon Wright, Tyus Jones and Raul Neto are still out there.

I’m down with..

1. Delon

2. Tyus

3. Neto