• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So what do y'all think about Ivica Zubac?  

Fits the timeline of the team and seems to have good numbers (though I haven't much of him).

Very attractive piece if we can land him.  His RFA status is the big obstacle.

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So much for being a legitimate rebounding team.  @benhillboy and Enjoyed while it lasted. Back to getting destroyed on the boards Hawks...Those Orlando games are going to be more unwatchable this year than last.

Hold up....are seriously pinning your rebounding hopes on a guy that avgs 4.5 boards / game in his CAREER and 3.6 boards / game over the last 5 seasons???   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he's one who's in limbo until the Kawhi stuff shakes out.  Perhaps a team should make an offer to press them.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Great signing by the Mavs, two years 7 mil is peanuts. Really like what the Mavs are doing. They just need a solid 3-d wing to round out the roster.

Who you thinking?  Parsons?  I do recall that Cuban loves him from his time there.  I heard Gallinari has been on the block since the draft.

BOLD PREDICTION:

KAWHI WILL BE A CLIPPER

12 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So what do y'all think about Ivica Zubac?  

Fits the timeline of the team and seems to have good numbers (though I haven't much of him).

He’s good. Real good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think he's one who's in limbo until the Kawhi stuff shakes out.  Perhaps a team should make an offer to press them.

Who you thinking?  Parsons?  I do recall that Cuban loves him from his time there.  I heard Gallinari has been on the block since the draft.

Why would they want Parsons? He's chronically injured, and the Mavs were the team who didn't want to pay him in the first place. He's also a Hawk right now.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Probably have to overpay to get him.  But I wonder what that means for a 21-year old coming off a $1.5M deal in a year where he avg 9pts/8reb on 54% shooting??  

Thomas Bryant just agreed to a 3yr - $25M deal.  Wonder if that's in the ballpark for Zubac?  I have no idea.  But he looks like a decent player that I'd like to have on the roster.  

5 hours ago, sturt said:

Some are pretty quick, imo, to assume ET is the first PG off the bench.

I don't.

But regardless, that 3rd PG slot is still up for grabs, and a lot of folks see Cook as coming into his own at this point in his career... could be a long-term back-up to Trae.

I mentioned him getting a second chance from Schlenk earlier.  Even if Turner/Bembry/Reddish are slotted to do the majority of ball handling on the second unit, they'll require quite a bit (okay, a lot of bit) of shooting around them.  I'd be fine with an offer of 2 years ~5-8mil per being floated out there, options optional.  Something for him and his agent to mull over, there might be better opportunity out there but I doubt better money in the short term.

• Like 1

If I think 🤔 in my mind I have any idea 💡 who Kawhi is a a person, he will choose the Clippers.

1. LA (it’s not Lakers Kawhi doesn’t need Bron or AD) he gets to be home 🏡 

2. He can bring another franchise a championship. One that hadn’t done anything much like Toronto.

3. Low key 🔑 blue collar players..Lou will..Harrell, Bev, McGruder, Harkless, Wilson Chandler, Kabengele, Jerome Robinson. These cats will fight for every possession. Almost a better supporting cast than even Toronto for Kawhi.

4. Doc is the coach. Ze best!

5. Gets Kawhi out of the east. (Good for us).

6. Billy Crystal is happy. 😃 He’s waiting for the Clipps almost as long as I’ve waited for the Hawks. 😢 

Make it happen Kawhi!

ps Jerry West runs the show. That usually ends up working. And the owner will spend. 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why would they want Parsons?

What's been said for the last couple of days preceding this was that Schlenk was attempting to open up a roster slot via 2 bad contracts traded for 1 larger one.... mission accomplished.... now, why you don't just release Hill and Plumlee, I'm not sure, unless you actually think Parsons could be a contributor...

All in all, it amounts to a big shrug of the shoulders from here on my side of the internet.

Wow.  Suns take the #4 pick in his draft, pair him with another 1st and 2 more picks and sends him to MEM for scraps.

PHX's GM is horrible but Josh Jackson is a mega-bust on top of that.

Kyle is being waived so, technically, this applies to the free agency thread.  Technically?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Wow.  Suns take the #4 pick in his draft, pair him with another 1st and 2 more picks and sends him to MEM for scraps.

Kyle is being waived so, technically, this applies to the free agency thread.  Technically?

Suns had to get rid of him.  Between him and Marquiss Chriss - Knuckle head city.

I do like Jevon Carter to Suns - they need defense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If Josh Jackson stays halfway smart off the floor, he’s still got mad skills on it. He’s just an idiot though so he will most likely mess up again. What a waste of natural talent if he doesn’t make it.

Korver will play another 5 years now in the land of the Sun. Notorious for turning old farts into fit old farts. I love Kyle. Go kid!

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If Josh Jackson stays halfway smart off the floor, he’s still got mad skills on it. He’s just an idiot though so he will most likely mess up again. What a waste of natural talent if he doesn’t make it.

Korver will play another 5 years now in the land of the Sun. Notorious for turning old farts into fit old farts. I love Kyle. Go kid!

Korver is being bought out. He should go to Philly. They need shooters.

• Like 3

So watching get up.  Apparently, Kwhai has a 99% chance of returning to Toronto on a 2 year max deal.

After all the he's going to LA being shoved down our throats since Sunday. I really can't stand this NY and LA big market media.