• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

20 minutes ago, sturt said:

I've been as reluctant to drink the kool-aid on Trae as anyone, but I have to acknowledge that his second half must be delineated from his first half if we're to do any well-informed, balanced analysis. Can't just take his total first season on its face... have to zoom in closer.

Just one problem with spouting stats and metrics and formulating an opinion based solely or primarily on that.

I guarantee the successful organizations don't use analytics that way.

• Premium Member

The comment was relevant to this statement...

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Doesn't these invalidate Trae as a building block and a star if he can't outplay his opponent on a nightly basis?

How "successful organizations use analytics" is a somewhat different conversation.

I'm just saying, in essence, he's trending the right way, and it's a mistake not to recognize trends in assessing what Trae is likely to become.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I've been as reluctant to drink the kool-aid on Trae as anyone, but I have to acknowledge that his second half must be delineated from his first half if we're to do any well-informed, balanced analysis. Can't just take his total first season on its face... have to zoom in closer.

and honestly, his 2nd half has as much to do with Collins getting back, healthy and in shape as anything.  Collins could make me look passable at the point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Just one problem with spouting stats and metrics and formulating an opinion based solely or primarily on that.

I guarantee the successful organizations don't use analytics that way.

You sound like Justin Tierany from NBA radio 📻. Hey Eddie Hey Eddie...u know Eddie 😃 

Trae helped the Hawks outscore the rest of the NBA for several weeks. When was the last time we did that? Defense was a big problem but the draft remedied a lot of that in my opinion. All three guys will help with that more and more.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Trae helped the Hawks outscore the rest of the NBA for several weeks. When was the last time we did that? Defense was a big problem but the draft remedied a lot of that in my opinion. All three guys will help with that more and more.

When was the last time? 🤔 January 2015? 1998? 94? It’s been a while. I agree with the D getting better with big DeAndre and his wingspan. Allows other guys to play the passing lanes a ton more, expect some quick 1-0 fast breaks this year. We are in for some smart exciting efficient 🏀!  Yes sir!

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Hammering Trae wasn’t my intention. I think most here think of Trae as a building block and I was just trying to say that Trae isn’t a star going by those stats and so maybe the stats aren’t the end all.

:good: They never are and should never be.  Sometimes, just sometimes I prefer to believe what my lying eyes tell me about a players play on the court and how it impacts other players.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

No thanks to Tristan.  With the crap that's left out there for centers, I'm inclined at this point to just let Bruno be our backup center and grab whatever scrub we can for a 3rd.

Unless we get a first for that ugly contract.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, sturt said:

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

With you on this.  He is an expiring $18.5M.  They would have to give us a serious asset for us to take that liability on.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

With you on this.  He is an expiring $18.5M.  They would have to give us a serious asset for us to take that liability on.

We don't have capspace for $18 mil so there's that, so it should involve other players.

• Premium Member

Not Hawks related, but have I missed any news on Kawhi? I’d love for him to go to LAC (get him out of the East) or stay in Toronto. I keep seeing the Lakers rumors and I’m not wanting to see another super team. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Not Hawks related, but have I missed any news on Kawhi? I’d love for him to go to LAC (get him out of the East) or stay in Toronto. I keep seeing the Lakers rumors and I’m not wanting to see another super team. 

That's the latest I've seen.

• Like 1