• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I don't blame him. He's making seven figures over in China, a lot of endorsement money too.

You don't blame him for quitting?

It's not like he came to SL because he's soooo fulfilled in the CBA.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Saw something saying it might still be multiple days.  Who knows.  You are talking about Kawhi who has been mercurial over the last two years.

Last two years?

It's been said that the SD State basketball staff wasn't sure if he was going to show up for school until the last minute... hehe.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Saw something saying it might still be multiple days.  Who knows.  You are talking about Kawhi who has been mercurial over the last two years.

Good point. I wonder if he even knows free agency has started. In all seriousness, there are a lot of players sitting around waiting on his decision and he’s just lounging around. I respect him for that - unless he joins the Lakers...

44 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Good point. I wonder if he even knows free agency has started. In all seriousness, there are a lot of players sitting around waiting on his decision and he’s just lounging around. I respect him for that - unless he joins the Lakers...

I saw where Jalen Rose said he's 99% sure, or something to that effect, that Kawhi is returning to the Raptors on a two year deal. He was pretty smug about this being true as well. So if he's wrong, we know Jalen is kinda an unreliable arsehat. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddielives said:

I saw where Jalen Rose said he's 99% sure, or something to that effect, that Kawhi is returning to the Raptors on a two year deal. He was pretty smug about this being true as well. So if he's wrong, we know Jalen is kinda an unreliable arsehat. 

Ya I read that too. Again I’m predicting Clippers tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. Clippers have done everything right, have a better supporting cast than the Raps, have an owner that’ll spend in Ballmer, Jerry West in the front office and Doc as the coach. Blue collar roster. Plus he’s in LA, his home town but not playing for his disdained childhood team in the Lakers. Win win for everybody. Toronto won the ring last year, they can’t be mad. Lakers got their guy in AD to go with Lebron. Kawhi can represent the Clipps. Plus it gets him the hell out of the east. I dunno about you, but I don’t wanna face Kawhi 4 times a year, rather twice.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I read that too. Again I’m predicting Clippers tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. Clippers have done everything right, have a better supporting cast than the Raps, 

I really disagree here. I’ve heard people say this and while it’s not everyone I just don’t see it personally. If I’m Leonard I see that the clippers don’t even have a rising all star pascal siakam type player! All the clips have is an old ass 6th man and some very good role players whereas Raps have a rising star in siakam plus some very good role players who are older but has something left in the tank.

Gallanari is good and I bring him up cause he’s the first person people mention right after Lou but he’s not a star talent to me plus he’s already 30. So Leonard’s top 5 best players to play with and over a long period of time... in order based on the 3 teams (lakers, clippers, raptors)... to me is lebron (old but historic player), AD (current superstar and young), Siakam (young rising all star), Lou (older but 6th man king), and then the 5th best player between the 3 teams is a toss up between a player on the raptors or clippers since impact is all the same come playoff time.

Sure balmer will spend money but he’s going to have to wait two summers to do so as next years free agency is weak for star talent .....I don’t see the fascination with the clippers other than them being in LA.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If Kawhi isn't signed by noon on Saturday, the Lakers lose $4mil in cap space and will be unable to offer Kawhi the max once all of the trades go through unless the Pelicans and the Hawks agree to delay the trades.

35 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If Kawhi isn't signed by noon on Saturday, the Lakers lose $4mil in cap space and will be unable to offer Kawhi the max once all of the trades go through unless the Pelicans and the Hawks agree to delay the trades.

Omfg I need him to announce for TOR at 4:00:01.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Bench player 

no, he comes off the bench, there's a difference. He plays starter minutes. His numbers aren't far off from Siakams, despite playing less minutes overall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cwell said:

no, he comes off the bench, there's a difference. He plays starter minutes. His numbers aren't far off from Siakams, despite playing less minutes overall.

Fair enough.....but I believe spicy p is better and has more potential. Harrell is still more of an energy guy to me despite the numbers 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Word is that Cris Carter said this morning that the word is that Kawhi Leonard will make an announcement today.

• Premium Member

As Summer League gets started in earnest, it will be interesting to see if there's a Glenn Robinson III situation that develops.... a player who blows up the tournament, but who is still an unsigned free agent that some team like us might decide to pursue.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, sturt said:

As Summer League gets started in earnest, it will be interesting to see if there's a Glenn Robinson III situation that develops.... a player who blows up the tournament, but who is still an unsigned free agent that some team like us might decide to pursue.

Why? We have like 7 wings!