Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's like almost 9 teams involved in this circus. I don't see how it's fair that all those teams are being held up by the Lakers.

Was said by, I believe, Bobby Marks earlier today on ESPN that it's not up to the Lakers, but up to the teams involved to all say, "okay" to any delay.

Makes sense.

50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The problem is, if LAL is still waiting on Kawhi, they need the trade(s) to be delayed.  Without their trades (and, by extension, our trade), they don't have the space to sign him.

I've been trying to figure out what happens if he doesn't decide by noon.  We may be screwed.  At best, it's temporary.  At worse, someone of the 6-7 teams could presumably pull out of the deal and everything falls apart.

Why's nobody talking about this?!

Eta: I have no idea if I'm reading the situation correctly but it seems clear they need him to decide by noon.  Where's the cap nerds?!

Don’t worry about all that. He’s announcing the Clippers as his team at roughly 7:22 pacific time tonight. I swear if I nail this I’m Spuderamus! 😊 

#Clipps 👶 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I told y'all that Dwight Howard was on the trade market and I can confirm that the sentiment is this is the end of Dwight Howard NBA career.

Not surprised. Has he got over being 'butt-hurt'.

Where is he headed? Or will Wiz buy him out?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not surprised. Has he got over being 'butt-hurt'.

Where is he headed? Or will Wiz buy him out?

With the way he treated ORL and others along the way, it should come at no surprise that he ends up getting it in the end.

0_0.gif

• Haha 1

This Kawhi thing is starting to mess with our Hawks. If he keeps holding out his decision the Lakers will delay the AD trade and will keep us from officially signing Deandre Hunter until then. 

This was funny when it was him messing with these teams and making them sweat, now it’s cutting into my ability to watch Hunter in Vegas. 

Get ya shit together Kawhi, ain’t nobody got time for that lol

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

This Kawhi thing is starting to mess with our Hawks. If he keeps holding out his decision the Lakers will delay the AD trade and will keep us from officially signing Deandre Hunter until then. 

This was funny when it was him messing with these teams and making them sweat, now it’s cutting into my ability to watch Hunter in Vegas. 

Get ya shit together Kawhi, ain’t nobody got time for that lol

The Lakers can't delay the trade alone.  All partners have to agree to the delay

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

According to reports, Schlenk and the Pelicans have agreed to accommodate the Lakers!  What's the deal with Schlenk?  Is he going to help every team get good?

Link please?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

"League sources told ESPN's Bobby Marks that the Pelicans, Hawks and Wizards are expected to cooperate with the Lakers if Leonard is still undecided by noon on Saturday"

Can someone explain why other teams would help the Lakers?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Can someone explain why other teams would help the Lakers?

Maybe thinking it would help put them in a better position to fleece their dumb ass front office in a future trade

53 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

The sad pathetic end of Dwight Howard’s career 

Dwight will probably be in the Big 3 League next Summer with the rest of the former Hawks.

• Premium Member
Just now, Cwell said:

Maybe thinking it would help put them in a better position to fleece their dumb ass front office in a future trade

Helping them put a together a dominant team will help the rest of the league?  That doesn't sound right.