• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

I think this is great news for us. Now that Kawhi has signed with the Clippers, the Lakers don't look so formidable. I really don't think Lebron + AD will win that many games with mediocrity they'll have around them. If they do end up struggling, we could put ourselves in an attractive position to get AD next year. We just need to put together a solid season and show promise in the playoffs. Which I already project us to be capable of doing.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why? 

Our core is bad f***ing ass.

Trae/Kev/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Hunter/Omari/Bembry/Bruno

We are position correctly. We just need to develop. 

Our core cannot be considered "badass" until they actually do something "badass".

I love the "potential" of the core, but I'm not making the same mistake I made in 2009, thinking that this core is untouchable.

In 2021, you have Olidipo, Beal, and McCollum possibly available. The 2017 draft class also hit restrictive free agency. And LeBron has a player option.

No falling in love with the "core" until they shows significant signs of being worthy of being the "wife".

15 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I think this is great news for us. Now that Kawhi has signed with the Clippers, the Lakers don't look so formidable. I really don't think Lebron + AD will win that many games with mediocrity they'll have around them. If they do end up struggling, we could put ourselves in an attractive position to get AD next year. We just need to put together a solid season and show promise in the playoffs. Which I already project us to be capable of doing.

It's a long shot, but there's definitely a chance that this could all blow up in the Lakers' face.  And if that's the case, and AD leaves them hanging, the Hawks need to at least be in position to do something.

And this is why I say that we can't fall in love with our core pieces . . . not just yet.

If we could secure AD long term with Trae, I'd definitely flip Collins + fillers + 1st round picks, for Davis in a sign and trade.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Y'all never stop...AD aint coming to the Hawks!  LOL!

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's a long shot, but there's definitely a chance that this could all blow up in the Lakers' face.  And if that's the case, and AD leaves them hanging, the Hawks need to at least be in position to do something.

And this is why I say that we can't fall in love with our core pieces . . . not just yet.

If we could secure AD long term with Trae, I'd definitely flip Collins + fillers + 1st round picks, for Davis in a sign and trade.

Why? He's a free agent next year. Hypothetically if he would be open to coming to Atlanta in 2020, then he should be fine playing out the season in LA. It's in the Hawks and his own best interest.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

:yahoo:

Does this mean that we, the Hawks, can now sign our draft picks?

Does this mean that the LAC is now "guaranteed" to win it all next season?

Does this mean Atlanta will have a better chance in the east?

Tonight, Hawks summer league !!

:gun:

1. yes

2. no

3. no

• Premium Member
Just now, nathan2331 said:

And I didn't think the Clippers had a chance in hell of landing Kawhi. You never know. If the Lakers struggle, Davis could very easily walk out the door.

The Clippers were on his list!  What are you talking about?

Just now, MaceCase said:

Russ is definitely tradable.  I think a place like Orlando, Charlotte, or especially the Knicks after striking out so badly would shift their assets OKC's way.

I forgot about the Knicks.  

I could see them trading RJ Barrett + fillers + picks, for Westbrook.  And that actually might not be a bad idea.  Barrett would be crushed though.

• Premium Member
Just now, nathan2331 said:

I didn't take them seriously. If that PG13 trade didn't happen, Kawhi goes somewhere else.

That's because you were not informed properly.  The Media was misleading everyone so never believe the hype!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

That's because you were not informed properly.  The Media was misleading everyone so never believe the hype!

So you saw Kawhi to the Clippers the whole time? I don't base my opinions on the talking heads on ESPN. I don''t think any of us do.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

So you saw Kawhi to the Clippers the whole time? I don't base my opinions on the talking heads on ESPN. I don''t think any of us do.

I just didn't see him with the Lakers and quite frankly, I thought that the Raptor's team was too old

• Admin

Wow just wow!

sucks for the Raptors but they got a title before they begin the tear down.

disappointing for OKC as they are going to take a step back but they got a nice player and who knows what the future holds.  They were in LT hell and couldn’t find a way out of it.  For the first time In Their history since coming to OKC they will rebuild.  

This sucks for small market teams.  

Well the difference between pelinka and West is pretty obvious... Lakers just majorly overpaid for Danny Green too.  It was like a screw you KL we will sign your friend.

Clippers are going to be scary good.  I like the role players surrounding the two stars too ... they are setup with some nice chemistry pieces.

at least he didn’t go to the Lakers.

• Like 2