• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

and-the-test-5pyfwq.jpg

Are you always so negative @Peoriabird? I don't remember you being this down about every move before the site was down for a few months.

Not negative..just being real.  By the way, I battled with AHF and others for 2 weeks over the Turner trade.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Not negative..just being real.  By the way, I battled with AHF and others for 2 weeks over the Turner trade.

I know you're not negative about every move.

Not even trying to be argumentative, I really want to know. What would you have done in free agency to improve the team?

• Moderators

Parker last season played almost exclusively power forward and averaged 14.5 points on .560% TS% to go with 6.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists.  (Per 36 was 19.4 points and 8.8 rebounds).  He spread the floor some with roughly 40% of his FGA 16 feet and beyond.  Pretty eh advanced metrics with a 15.5 PER, 0.039 WS/48, a 0.0 VORP and a negative BPM.  

His most attractive stat is his 49.1% FG% (career, last season was on par at 49.3%).  Hopefully his woeful 31.3% 3pt% will rebound given that he shot 36.5% and 38.3% the prior two seasons.  

I'm not a big Parker fan but at $6.5M per year that isn't a huge gamble on some backup scoring punch off the bench.  At 1/3 of the pay of his previous contract, Parker enters his age 24 season with us.  Hopefully he will be a valuable part of the frontcourt rotation with a motivation to earn a bigger next contract by playing well rather than by simply hoisting as many shots as possible.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I know you're not negative about every move.

Not even trying to be argumentative, I really want to know. What would you have done in free agency to improve the team?

Dedmon...resign Dedmon instead of cheap shotting the guy and minimizing his importance to Trae's and the team's success

• Like 1

Pretty much a "whatever" move. If Travis believes Parker will actually have any impact at PF I guess maybe he really is planning on some minutes for Omari at C as well as PF, maybe more than some. I am not so convinced of Omari at C as others but we shall see how LP handles this. Maybe someway, somehow Parker shows well.

Yeah, ok. Nevermind. Tractor got shipped.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Lets hear from the cheering squad

Damien Jones was the mystery center. Can wait to hear from the spin doctors

You don’t appear too fun to be around. Dang chill.... 😐

• Premium Member

So, are we left to think that Parker is the one that Kirschner's source (which if I'm not mistaken, was Schlenk himself?... dunno, I cancelled my subscription) said they were pursuing and had had a "hefty" salary in the past.

The most he's ever made was his $6+ mil last season, though.

What to make of that one.... ?

Still something out there yet to drop?

Or, Schlenk was purposefully misleading young Kirschner?

Or, something else?

I was not a fan of Len or Dedmon signing either. Felt Len would be a vet min and Dedmon is a 5 mil or less center when we signed them. Both vastly improved their value to where their contract is a bargin. Let's see if Parker does the same who value to me was 5 mil but players like him don't take discounts to play with teams like us

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, are we left to think that Parker is the one that Kirschner's source (which if I'm not mistaken, was Schlenk himself?... dunno, I cancelled my subscription) said they were pursuing and had had a "hefty" salary in the past.

The most he's ever made was his $6+ mil last season, though.

What to make of that one.... ?

Still something out there yet to drop?

Or, Schlenk was purposefully misleading young Kirschner?

Or, something else?

Didn't he have a 2 year 40 million dollar deal with Washington?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Didn't he have a 2 year 40 million dollar deal with Washington?

Nice pick up.

You're right.

I was just looking at his MIL salaries.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, sturt said:

Nice pick up.

You're right.

I was just looking at his MIL salaries.

Those were his rookie contract salaries as the #2 pick.  The Bulls came in with a big 2 year, $40M contract that had a team option for year 2.  He clearly wasn't worth close to $20M and the Bulls dealt him to Washington in an exchange of overpaid forward for Otto Porter.  He played better in Washington but the team elected not to exercise their option for understandable reasons.

47 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Lol...you guys aren't that fun when you are loud and wrong either

I'm definitely not one to complain about every move made or not made. lol I can't get the sound of babies crying out of my head every time I read a post

• Moderators

I'm going to wait until the offseason is actually complete before rendering my final verdict.  Travis told us he was going to take the first week off and he did.  The first day of the second week he has made one trade and one FA signing.  I don't think our offseason is complete at this point.

• Like 3