• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Bulls now have 4 PGs on their roster with their re-sign of Arcidiacono (sp?), and it's said they're actively trying to move Kris Dunn and his ~$6m contract.

Hard to see us taking on Dunn, but not hard to see us watching to see where Dunn lands, in case the domino effect would put another more-promising PG on the market that isn't there right now... and who, then, might be an alternative option to Adams.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

@Spud2nique will like this if he hasn't already seen it.  GS had to give up its first round pick next year (top 20 protected) to complete the Russell / KD trade not because Brooklyn demanded it but because KD did.  Jabbed them in the back on the way out, lol.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kevin-durant-made-the-warriors-sweeten-the-signandtrade-for-d-angelo-russell-165200122.html

Ya I was reading that earlier this morning. I wonder if he’s mad at the warriors for sending him out early or at least putting some pressure on him to go out and play.

Or it could be just to strengthen the Nets and make the Warriors weaker which is a great strategy but lacks a little loyalty.

Or.. he’s a 🐍 😆 

Lacob is pretending not to be sweating 😓 but I think he knows it’s over. Now he’s just trying to make money 💰 in SF for the club and their new venue. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Or it could be just to strengthen the Nets and make the Warriors weaker which is a great strategy but lacks a little loyalty.

That is my take.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Bulls now have 4 PGs on their roster with their re-sign of Arcidiacono (sp?), and it's said they're actively trying to move Kris Dunn and his ~$6m contract.

Hard to see us taking on Dunn, but not hard to see us watching to see where Dunn lands, in case the domino effect would put another more-promising PG on the market that isn't there right now... and who, then, might be an alternative option to Adams.

I don't think White profiles as a point guard and neither does Zack Levine.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't think White profiles as a point guard and neither Zack Levine.

You might not think, but if you google a bit and read what his new coach has said, as well as what he's said, it's purty clear that he's intended to be playing point.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

You might not think, but if you google a bit and read what his new coach has said, as well as what he's said, it's purty clear that he's intended to be playing point.

It doesnt matter what anyone thinks you should do...he hasn't displayed those kinds of skills.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It doesnt matter what anyone thinks you should do...he hasn't displayed those kinds of skills.

Huh?

I don't understand what you're trying to get at.

1. The assertion was made that the Bulls are marketing Dunn, and that they have 4 PGs on the roster now that they've re-signed Arcidiacono .

2. It doesn't really matter how you, me or anyone else evaluate his skills... the people who get to make the decisions in Chicago about their roster clearly believe he's going to be a PG for them.

3. So, the actual umph of the post was, if/when Dunn is traded, there might be a new option for an upgrade over Adams.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Damnit I was hoping you’d pick option 3, the burger 🍔 with fries 🍟 😆 

They aren't mutually exclusive!  KD went on my #$#* list after he badmouthed LeBron for playing super team in Cleveland (justifiably) and then went and did the same thing in GS. 

OKC was up 3-2 on the Warriors and Durant puts up 10-31, 1-8 3pt in a potential series ending game 6 in Oklahoma (where OKC was up by 8 with the ball in the 4th quarter).  The loses game 7 after being up 8 in the second half.

Showed he is too weak to meet the challenge of his competition and wanted to hit the easy button by joining them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, sturt said:

Huh?

1. The assertion was made that the Bulls are marketing Dunn, and that they have 4 PGs on the roster now that they've re-signed Ara-whatever.

2. It doesn't really matter how you, me or anyone else evaluate his skills... the people who get to make the decisions in Chicago about their roster clearly believe he's going to be a PG for them.

3. So, the actual umph of the post was, if/when Dunn is traded, there might be an new option for an upgrade over Adams.

You phrased it the right way about there being a new option to upgrade over Adams.  There are already several options and as much as I hate Evan Turner's game I won't deny he is also a clear upgrade over Adams.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Huh?

1. The assertion was made that the Bulls are marketing Dunn, and that they have 4 PGs on the roster now that they've re-signed Ara-whatever.

3. So, the actual umph of the post was, if/when Dunn is traded, there might be an new option for an upgrade over Adams.

I am getting at the fact that the staff will realize very quickly that White isn't a point guard just like they quickly realize that Lavine isn't a point guard

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Huh?

Plus Dunn sucks!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

There are already several options

Absolutely. But none, evidently, that have been the right combination of good and cheap that it persuaded Schlenk to make the move.

But maybe there's a 15th player on someone else's roster right now who would have that effect on Schlenk.

And I'm not one of those who are necessarily down on Adams. Nor am I one of those who is particularly amped to find out who will fill the 2nd or 3rd PG role, given how little that player is going to play anyhow.

I'm just one of those who enjoys watching the shopping spree take place, and figure out what might be next.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I am getting at the fact that the staff will realize very quickly that White isn't a point guard just like they quickly realize that Lavine isn't a point guard

And that's fine that you see it that way.

But that opinion has nothing to do with the umph of my post.

All good?

• Premium Member

Still.

Nothing to do with my OP. But you don't seem to get that.

Re-read? (... assuming the first read ever took place... I suspect you scanned, didn't read)

36 minutes ago, sturt said:

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

@Spud2nique will like this if he hasn't already seen it.  GS had to give up its first round pick next year (top 20 protected) to complete the Russell / KD trade not because Brooklyn demanded it but because KD did.  Jabbed them in the back on the way out, lol.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kevin-durant-made-the-warriors-sweeten-the-signandtrade-for-d-angelo-russell-165200122.html

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I was reading that earlier this morning. I wonder if he’s mad at the warriors for sending him out early or at least putting some pressure on him to go out and play.

Or.. he’s a 🐍 😆 

Lacob is pretending not to be sweating 😓 but I think he knows it’s over. Now he’s just trying to make money 💰 in SF for the club and their new venue. 

My read on this, this is all about KD (his thin skin) and perceived optics......."I'm too good to be traded for just D-Lo" 

• Like 3