• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you consider....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Bringing Jeremy Lin back?

Also...

Dedmon, Stein, or go real hard with Vucevic?

Would anybody take Al Horford at this point?

Here's my thing.  We get absolutely no looks.   People are talking about us landing Malcolm Brogdon.   Only if he can play PG.  However, I doubt he comes to BU Trae.  He's been a starter.  We need a BU PG and a C.    Why aren't we in the Vucevic conversation.   Why aren't we in the Corey Joseph Conversation?   Honestly, I felt that Lin was a perfect fit for us last year... and I think he's still a great fit for us this year.   As far as Center.  I like Dedmon.  But is there somebody that's a better fit?  Cauley Stein?  

• Admin

Vucevic makes no sense .... he is not the kind of center we need.  Im not taking anything away from him as he is an excellent offensive player ... problem is we need a guy who defends more then we need a scorer.  Vuc is strictly a scorer.

Horofrd is actually a great fit here ... defender, leader, playmaker, mid range game, rebounding can be offset by Collins.  He is a little old but he would also bring in that vet experience ... I don’t know if I want to give a 32 year old a big four year deal.

i think we go after Dedmon but he signs elsewhere.

its all moot as we only have 13 million left to spend.

thus no Vuc, no Horford, no Brogdon or any any FA that will cost a lot of Money this year.

I’m fine with it as we will develop our young talent and look to cash in next season when we are ready to compete.

our need right now is a defensive center and maybe a backup pg (as Turner will play that role).  I don’t have an issue with Lin back or Cujo if he will take a short term deal... they would fit nicely.  However, I personally want us to focus that extra money on a center even if it is a stopgate center. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Bringing Jeremy Lin back?

Also...

Dedmon, Stein, or go real hard with Vucevic?

Would anybody take Al Horford at this point?

Here's my thing.  We get absolutely no looks.   People are talking about us landing Malcolm Brogdon.   Only if he can play PG.  However, I doubt he comes to BU Trae.  He's been a starter.  We need a BU PG and a C.    Why aren't we in the Vucevic conversation.   Why aren't we in the Corey Joseph Conversation?   Honestly, I felt that Lin was a perfect fit for us last year... and I think he's still a great fit for us this year.   As far as Center.  I like Dedmon.  But is there somebody that's a better fit?  Cauley Stein?  

You do understand what a salary cap is don't you?

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Lin is likely a no due to Turner

Of course I would take Horford but he needs more

Dedmon if he is willing to sign a one year 

I think it’s been made very clear as well that the back up point guard task was taken care of in the Bazemore trade

In reference to C am guessing the most likely way to get rid of Plumlee is to ride it out but am hoping maybe the trade deadline brings someone around. Don't see anyone grabbing the expiring this offseason because folks don't know their standing next season's home stretch but we can always hope. Has that fat contract and hardly ever plays...ehh. 

No to Vucevic , Horford and Brogdon
You sign Vucevic if your goal is to just make the playoffs.
But if the goal is to ultimately compete for a championship, then we need to maintain cap flexibility until we can use it to obtain an All-NBA talent.

I would only consider at C on big names Dedmon at around 8m$ 3 years or (I know you would not agree) Demarcus Cousins, I think he could be a good fit here, his behaviour concerns me though.

Then if no big names I would go for a young player with upside as we did with Len last year, Woods is my favourite.