• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

There may be another option???

Diesel

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Not sure where you think I said he is all about iso's or where I attributed his success to "purely Harden."  I think he will be a very similar player where he plays.  Since all he does is score at the rim his TS% is always going to be fantastic which should lead to nice PER and WS/48 numbers.  Look at the number DeAndre Jordan.

I don't think he has the versatility to scale up his attempts a whole lot with his current efficiency.

That's  the problem....  We don't need him to be a three point shooter.   We don't need him to be more versatile.   He's exactly what we need. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's  the problem....  We don't need him to be a three point shooter.   We don't need him to be more versatile.   He's exactly what we need. 

Sounds like you've made up you mind and refuse to review the evidence. But I have a funny feeling Schlenk will ignore your trade request

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 2:22 PM, AHF said:

Not including guys on rookie deals, here are three who I think would combine with Alex Len to give us most of Capela's production at a fraction of the cost:

Dwight Powell

Nelens Noel

Richaun Holmes

Javale McGee

Noel is going to be interesting to watch. I still can't believe he turned down 70 million from the Mavericks.

• Like 2

I definitely agree that Dedmon works better for this team than Capela.  

But here is an idea 💡:

if he is not signing a max somewhere ( and doesn’t seem that way right now), what about Boogie for a 1 year deal?  If he is healthy and good in the locker room, we can max him next year.  We will have 2 max spots next year, the free agency crop is much weaker, and this doesn’t infringe on the development of other positions if he fits.  Thoughts?

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, slappy said:

I definitely agree that Dedmon works better for this team than Capela.  

But here is an idea 💡:

if he is not signing a max somewhere ( and doesn’t seem that way right now), what about Boogie for a 1 year deal?  If he is healthy and good in the locker room, we can max him next year.  We will have 2 max spots next year, the free agency crop is much weaker, and this doesn’t infringe on the development of other positions if he fits.  Thoughts?

Pass.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, slappy said:

what about Boogie for a 1 year deal?  If he is healthy and good in the locker room, we can max him next year.  We will have 2 max spots next year, the free agency crop is much weaker, and this doesn’t infringe on the development of other positions if he fits.  Thoughts?

Here is another Hawksquawk favorite.  I thought that the love affair with Cousin ended after his lack of ability was on full display during the finals. But I guess not to many people watch him look absolutely terrible and didn't belong on the court at all.  Cousins would be luck to get another contract let alone the max...This is an easy one ..Hard Pass!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Shoots better??? Dude you just like to stir up stuff or are you serious?

I think the most accurate statement is that Capela is a better player in the paint and Dedmon is a much better player on the perimeter C. Dedmon can stretch the floor which is a huge benefit for us. Capela, by nature of how Houston plays, is around the rim much more and setting picks. He is good at what he does. I just don't think we want a C who cannot shoot at all from distance.

I'm going to Hijack the thread.   Thoughts on pursing Noel.  He does everything Capela does, but can stay on the floor because he's so switchable.  Looks like he hit some midrange shots this year.  His defense would be great with this team.  If the Hawks coaching staff can work their magic and get him to like 33 - 35% on three, he'd be a steal!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, enrique said:

I think the most accurate statement is that Capela is a better player in the paint and Dedmon is a much better player on the perimeter C. Dedmon can stretch the floor which is a huge benefit for us. Capela, by nature of how Houston plays, is around the rim much more and setting picks. He is good at what he does. I just don't think we want a C who cannot shoot at all from distance.

What exactly is the benefit in us having a stretch 5.  Away from the rim.  It almost forces us into perimeter isolation play.   Pick and Roll still works well... especially when you have shooters. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What exactly is the benefit in us having a stretch 5.  Away from the rim.  It almost forces us into perimeter isolation play.   Pick and Roll still works well... especially when you have shooters. 

Ask Toronto, Philly, Denver, Milwaukee, Indiana, Orlando and Boston...They can tell you.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Ask Toronto, Philly, Denver, Milwaukee, Indiana, Orlando and Boston...They can tell you.

Toronto have other guys who can rebound and play strong post defense... IBAKA, Kawhi, 

Philly has other guys who can rebound and play strong post defense..  Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, and Jimmy B. 

Milwaukee has Mirotich and Middleton and I wouldn't call Lopez a great step out center. 

The Pacers have a ton of rebounding players. 

The thing is that you just want to get one part of the plan and ignore the other.  Many of the teams you mention has either a superstar big... like the greek freak or Big Guards Like Simmons and Jimmy.   We got two guards under 200 lbs... we have rooks at the wing... we have no true vets now.. and you think that will lead to us getting the possessions we need when our C is on the perimeter jacking up another three??  

Image result for josh smith for three

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Toronto have other guys who can rebound and play strong post defense... IBAKA, Kawhi, 

Philly has other guys who can rebound and play strong post defense..  Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, and Jimmy B. 

Milwaukee has Mirotich and Middleton and I wouldn't call Lopez a great step out center. 

The Pacers have a ton of rebounding players. 

The thing is that you just want to get one part of the plan and ignore the other.  Many of the teams you mention has either a superstar big... like the greek freak or Big Guards Like Simmons and Jimmy.   We got two guards under 200 lbs... we have rooks at the wing... we have no true vets now.. and you think that will lead to us getting the possessions we need when our C is on the perimeter jacking up another three??  

Image result for josh smith for three

The problem wasn't our guards, the problem was Vice Carter and Taurean Prince.   Taurean Prince's rebounding rate was the same as J. Adams.  Both Trae Young and Kevin Huerter averaged more rrp game than Carter. while Trae out rebounded them both.  Hunter should be a much better rebounder that Prince immediately!

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The problem was our guards, the problem was Vice Carter and Taurean Prince.   Taurean Prince's rebounding rate was the same as J. Adams.  Both Trae Young and Kevin Huerter averaged more rrp game than Carter. while Trae out rebounded them both.  Hunter should be a much better rebounder that Prince immediately!

3 pters lead to long rebounds when everybody is around the perimeter.   You look at the muse.. GS... Curry is getting 5 rpg. Think about that...your PG is pulling down 5 rpg.  Not because he's in amoungst the trees.   But because when Shots go up and come off, a lot of times he's in the right place to grab the long rebound. 

When you look at the placement of VC and TP... they were not bad rebounders... but they were out of position for a 4.    That means that 5 much rebound better. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Diesel said:

3 pters lead to long rebounds when everybody is around the perimeter.   You look at the muse.. GS... Curry is getting 5 rpg. Think about that...your PG is pulling down 5 rpg.  Not because he's in amoungst the trees.   But because when Shots go up and come off, a lot of times he's in the right place to grab the long rebound. 

When you look at the placement of VC and TP... they were not bad rebounders... but they were out of position for a 4.    That means that 5 much rebound better. 

I had a typo...I meant to say that the problem wasn't our guards...Trae averaged almost 4 rebounds a game and got better as the season progressed.  Even had a 10 rebound game.  The problem was Prince not 3 point shooting.  Bembry played in the same system and averaged over 4 rebounds a game.  Vince Carter is just not a rebounder.  So that was the problem.  Hunter should be much better.  Trae should be a better rebounder the year as well

11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Here is another Hawksquawk favorite.  I thought that the love affair with Cousin ended after his lack of ability was on full display during the finals. But I guess not to many people watch him look absolutely terrible and didn't belong on the court at all.  Cousins would be luck to get another contract let alone the max...This is an easy one ..Hard Pass!!!!

Context is everything.

Cousins was playing hurt.

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Sounds like you've made up you mind and refuse to review the evidence. But I have a funny feeling Schlenk will ignore your trade request

If that's not the most pot and kettle thing I have ever read...

Chris Guest, CNN\SI, thinks that, if the Hawks do not resign Dedmon that they should consider free agent Luke Kornet, formerly of the Knicks.  He's 24 this year and 7'1".  His stats look pretty good.

What think ye?

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Chris Guest, CNN\SI, thinks that, if the Hawks do not resign Dedmon that they should consider free agent Luke Kornet, formerly of the Knicks.  He's 24 this year and 7'1".  His stats look pretty good.

What think ye?

I'd have to look him up, not familiar.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, High5 said:

If that's not the most pot and kettle thing I have ever read...

Not at all because i use to think the same way you did about Golden State until I watched them...Particularly this year in the playoffs

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

What think ye?

Who??

On 6/28/2019 at 11:44 AM, Diesel said:

Did we not learn anything for Shelden, Adrian Payne, Lucas Bebe??  All these guys looked good on Paper and looked good on highlight videos.   That's just it.. on Highlight videos everybody looks like a worldbeater!!

For instance:

We tend to refer to this as scouting. Sometimes it actually works.