• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks trade Plumlee, Hill. for Parsons

GrimeyKidd

Rather have the roster options we have now with this trade then not have them. Everyone knows Plumlee will just never be healthy so he has been and will be useless as well as expensive.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

Admittedly, I wanted Parsons after 13/14 season, and boy am I glad that didn't happen. Good trade though, I'm all aboard trading 2 bad contracts for 1. For those who don't agree with or get the contract swap, I don't see how you can even bad mad about trading two bad players for another bad player? There are much better things to get angry about. 

Down to 2 back up centers on the team now and one is a rookie?😲

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Rather have the roster options we have now with this trade then not have them. Everyone knows Plumlee will just never be healthy so he has been and will be useless as well as expensive.

I can understand if Plumlee is still having Health issues but if he is healthy, he is more useful to the Hawks than Parsons right?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Down to 2 back up centers on the team now and one is a rookie?😲

Despite the fact he is a C, I don't think anybody ever truly considered Plumlee as our BU Center. He is rarely healthy and isn't good when he is. He was just another body with an expiring contract. Whoever fills the the BU C role is going to come via free agency or trade. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I can understand if Plumlee is still having Health issues but if he is healthy, he is more useful to the Hawks than Parsons right?

Neither will play and we can now grab a FA.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, High5 said:

Being upset about losing Plumlee is too much even for you. Come on, man. Schlenk can pick up any 6'10+ player with NBA experience and replace Plumlee's production if need be.

Who said I was upset...I'm just asking questions.  Is that allowed around here or are you guy just here to defend this front office's every move without question?

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So I don't get it...If you aren't improving, why make the move?

I don't get you Peo.  At all sometimes.

First, we save roughly $600k so even if we "aren't improving" then you'd rather save that money and be status quo.  So why wouldn't you do it even if  you aren't improving?  I don't get how that is a difficult concept.

Second, I've already said probably 4 times on this thread that I think Schlenk sees people out there he believes can be an asset to the team and that would represent improvement over holding Plumlee and Hill (neither of whom is an asset other than the potential to use their salaries in trades) such that the additional roster spot has value.  We now have Chandler's contract to use in a potential trade so no downside there.

Just a no-brainer trade of two slots of salary cap garbage for one slot of salary cap garbage so that you have the potential to add a useful body to the roster and you pick up $588k in the process.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who said I was upset...I'm just asking questions.  Is that allowed around here or are you guy just here to defend this front office's every move without question?

It just seems like you keep coming up with questions trying to turn this into a negative. We traded 2 players we didn’t want to play for 1 player we (probably) don’t want to play. It opens up a roster spot. We even save a little money. Not much more to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Y'all are talking about Zubac from LAL-2-LAC?  They're not letting him go anywhere, are they?

And can we stop talking about Bender?  He's had multiple years to show us he doesn't belong in the NBA.  Does he even want to be in the NBA?

Bring in Zubac right now. I’m not sure how he is free right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Bring in Zubac right now. I’m not sure how he is free right now.

He's restricted.  Then again, as I said in the other thread, offering him could force LAC's hand.  I think they're waiting for the Kawhi stuff to shake out.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's restricted.  Then again, as I said in the other thread, offering him could force LAC's hand.  I think they're waiting for the Kawhi stuff to shake out.

Kawhi will be a Clipper. It’s. A perfect fit.

Clippers have a bunch of freaking pros bro.

If I looked around the NBA landscape and was tired of all the BS famed players who are all about the media I’d run to the Clipps.

Look at their roster. It’s perfect for Kawhi. Lou Will. Pat Bev. They got McGruder last night. Blue collar team bro.

Edited by Spud2nique

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm totally on board with Schlenk making an offer to him.  He would be a great get for us given his production, age and upside.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I'm totally on board with Schlenk making an offer to him.  He would be a great get for us given his production, age and upside.  

Ya that guy can play. I thought he was a dinosaur 🦕 with his play but he’s pretty versatile and a rock solid big. Schlenk has ties to Jerry West who loves Z.

• Like 1