• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks trade Plumlee, Hill. for Parsons

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I never got the sense that Plumlee was injured that much last year, he just was not valued, and was kept on the inactive list.  One of "those kind" of injuries.

This says otherwise:

Hawks' Miles Plumlee: Undergoing season-ending surgery

• By RotoWire Staff
  •  • 1 min read

Plumlee will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his injured left knee and be sidelined for the rest of the season, Chris Vivlamore of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Plumlee has been sidelined since December with soreness in his left knee and remained without a clear timetable since then. The Hawks should have an update on Plumlee's timetable once the operation is complete, but it is unclear as to what the big man's future in the league is. Given that Plumlee will be on an expiring contract next season, he may be a valuable trade asset for the Hawks should they want to make improvements to their young core in the offseason.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This says otherwise:

Hawks' Miles Plumlee: Undergoing season-ending surgery

• By RotoWire Staff
  • Mar 26, 3:44pm • 1 min read

Plumlee will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his injured left knee and be sidelined for the rest of the season, Chris Vivlamore of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Plumlee has been sidelined since December with soreness in his left knee and remained without a clear timetable since then. The Hawks should have an update on Plumlee's timetable once the operation is complete, but it is unclear as to what the big man's future in the league is. Given that Plumlee will be on an expiring contract next season, he may be a valuable trade asset for the Hawks should they want to make improvements to their young core in the offseason.

I stand corrected.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Parsons is still an elite shooter in this lead. With him,  Crabbe, and Hunter, One of the top 3PTFGA team last year is getting accurate shooters now? Watch out for next year we could be playoff sleepers. 

Crabbe is a straight up baller. Hunter I wouldn’t bank 🏦 on to hit the three right away but he will D up good. 5th seed..to a 7th seed is where I see us. We are too good and despite being young the east still stinks outside of 4 or 5 teams. I think we get in with our exuberant youth leading the way and key 🔑 vets as you mentioned in Crabbe and Parsons. One ☝🏾 or both prolly gets traded again by February but a fun ride till then and beyond.

Edited by Spud2nique

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sorry, got a lil triggered.  Can't stand the NFL.

Are you still mad about the Falcons meltdown vs New England a year and a half ago? I’m a Lions 🦁 fan. I can’t understand hating the NFL. All pro sports for that matter. MLB..even the puppet show we have going on here with Stern and Silver and the NBA old school 🏫 “trustees”? Rigged rigged rigged.

Sometimes I think 🤔 about following college sports but I just can’t quit the three majors in 🏀 🏈 ⚾️. I dunno, I wanna follow Rudy, a guy like Rudy at Notre Dame. I want a roster full of Rudy’s that play for the love of it. Sadly, that’s expired as playas now days wanna get paid ☀️. 😐 Rant over. 

As of right now, based on final roster.

Out - Dedmon, Plumlee, Bazemore, Anderson, Carter, Prince, Davis

In - Hunter, Reddish, Fernando, Parsons, Crabbe, Turner, 14 million in space.

Last 22 games we were 10-12. Look at the changes and add 2 players for 14 million. Assume improvements from our young players. Are we better or worse than we ended the season?

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Last 22 games we were 10-12. Look at the changes and add 2 players for 14 million. Assume improvements from our young players. Are we better or worse than we ended the season?

Prolly worse for the first half of 2019-20, but after the all star break when the rookies settle in, I honestly believe we will be a much better team. We will miss Dedmon a bit at times, and Baze and Carter for sure from a mental standpoint if he doesn’t return. We still have 14 mill like you mentioned as well. 

I say better. (January 2020)

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Are you still mad about the Falcons meltdown vs New England a year and a half ago? I’m a Lions 🦁 fan. I can’t understand hating the NFL. All pro sports for that matter. MLB..even the puppet show we have going on here with Stern and Silver and the NBA old school 🏫 “trustees”? Rigged rigged rigged.

Sometimes I think 🤔 about following college sports but I just can’t quit the three majors in 🏀 🏈 ⚾️. I dunno, I wanna follow Rudy, a guy like Rudy at Notre Dame. I want a roster full of Rudy’s that play for the love of it. Sadly, that’s expired as playas now days wanna get paid ☀️. 😐 Rant over. 

Nah, I quit NFL long before that.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If they didn’t tank in the last 5 or 6 games ,by not playing healthy starters, maybe they would have had a .500 or winning record during that time.

35 minutes ago, thecampster said:

From what I am hearing, it's no lock Crabbe will be on the roster in a week. A lot of min interest in him. Hawks will give the same option to Parsons but no one wants his ass.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From what I am hearing, it's no lock Crabbe will be on the roster in a week. A lot of min interest in him. Hawks will give the same option to Parsons but no one wants his ass.

If he shows he is healthy, someone will want him as a rental at the deadline or will take him in a salary dump for next f/a.

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If he shows he is healthy, someone will want him as a rental at the deadline or will take him in a salary dump for next f/a.

From what my guy said, he said the Hawks have given all of their bad contracts buyout options, even Parsons reps for just the min. 

Plumlee would not take it. 

Neither would Hill.

Crabbe agency had interest and so do the Hawks as his value is much higher than the others. He will be official on July 6th. He will have a ton of options. Sixers, Bucks, Lakers, Rockets, etc.

From what my guy said. He fully expects Parsons to play the entire season with the Hawks 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From what my guy said, he said the Hawks have given all of their bad contracts buyout options, even Parsons reps for just the min. 

Plumlee would not take it. 

Neither would Hill.

Crabbe agency had interest and so do the Hawks as his value is much higher than the others. He will be official on July 6th. He will have a ton of options. Sixers, Bucks, Lakers, Rockets, etc.

From what my guy said. He fully expects Parsons to play the entire season with the Hawks 

Your guy saying anything about who the Hawks might have interest in for these last few spots?

The Hawks are possibly building one of the deepest three point shooting teams in the league.

Trae Young 3pt% .324
Kevin Huerter 3pt% .385
John Collins 3pt% .348
Alex Lin 3pt% .363
Omari Spellman 3pt% .344
Chandler Parsons 3pt% .373

2019 Draft Picks:
DeAndre Hunter 3pt% .419
Cam Reddish 3pt% .333

If Parsons bust this season; its not like the Hawks gave up any valuable assets. I think his career 3pt% of .373 is worth a zero risk flyer.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We're talking the same Chandler Parsons, right?

The same one who has played 36 or fewer games each of the last 3 seasons?

I'll go on record that if Parsons misses 10 consecutive games or is projected to be gone 10 games at any stage of the season, he'll be let go.

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Your guy saying anything about who the Hawks might have interest in for these last few spots?

Seems like they are waiting for the 2nd wave of free agency. This starts July 7th or 8th. This is when guys get brought out and it changes the cost of the current FA's to lower their pricetag due to the smaller market. This is when guys like VC get signed. This is also when guys like Alex Len lower their pricetag and sign for reasonable prices. I don't see us being interested in the buyout market guys as those normally go to contenders or playoff bound teams 8 out of 10. 

I know they had interest in Birch and Delon Wright if the price is right. Word is both teams might not match but that it will still likely be a SnT especially Wright which will lower their contract demand. I know VC is one of their top targets and has been for awhile but I heard they do want to add more key players. There is belief that we still need more talent in terms of backup depth. 

I don't see Birch coming honestly. I heard several teams how have the need have more interest, aka, the teams in LA. Wright I heard is a real possibility. I know the Hawks and TS have had interest in Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. I haven't heard anything but I think he could be an option especially if Crabbe is brought out. Issue is Klutch guys are normally locks for Klutch teams. That's LAL/OKC/SAS/PHI. Just like Trae and Cam's agent steered his clients in the Hawks direction. 

If I had to shoot the shit:

1. VC

2. Delon Wright

Gap

Gap

5. Birch

6. KCP

The buyout market guys are the high quality vet mins who teams are truly coveting. That's why Boogie needs to work fast to get someone to add him to their roster. From what I've heard, Atlanta is not on the center market unless the player is the right fit. 

I heard Alex Len is pushing for the Hawks to look into Dragan Bender. I also heard we are kicking around the idea of adding Alex Poythress as a roster spot as well with a partially guarantee contract.

We have 13 players, 12 guaranteed and up to 3 slots available. I know if Crabbe is available, we will have to make an addition. 

1 minute ago, sturt said:

I'll go on record that if Parsons misses 10 consecutive games or is projected to be gone 10 games at any stage of the season, he'll be let go.

I don't mean play 82 games, I mean, be on the roster. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

I don't mean play 82 games, I mean, be on the roster. 

I read we were willing to let him work his way into the rotation. Zero risk and quite the shooter if he does.