• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks trade Plumlee, Hill. for Parsons

GrimeyKidd

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Crabbe agency had interest and so do the Hawks as his value is much higher than the others. He will be official on July 6th. He will have a ton of options. Sixers, Bucks, Lakers, Rockets, etc.

From what my guy said. He fully expects Parsons to play the entire season with the Hawks 

🤔 we trade Crabbe and keep Parsons? I’d go the other way.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

The Hawks are possibly building one of the deepest three point shooting teams in the league.

Trae Young 3pt% .324
Kevin Huerter 3pt% .385
John Collins 3pt% .348
Alex Lin 3pt% .363
Omari Spellman 3pt% .344
Chandler Parsons 3pt% .373

2019 Draft Picks:
DeAndre Hunter 3pt% .419
Cam Reddish 3pt% .333

If Parsons bust this season; its not like the Hawks gave up any valuable assets. I think his career 3pt% of .373 is worth a zero risk flyer.

Add in Crabbe who is a career 39 percent 3pt shooter 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

From what my guy said, he said the Hawks have given all of their bad contracts buyout options, even Parsons reps for just the min. 

Plumlee would not take it. 

Neither would Hill.

Crabbe agency had interest and so do the Hawks as his value is much higher than the others. He will be official on July 6th. He will have a ton of options. Sixers, Bucks, Lakers, Rockets, etc.

From what my guy said. He fully expects Parsons to play the entire season with the Hawks 

@NBASupes....not being a smart ass just trying to get some clarification. 

What good does this do the hawks to buyout crabbes contract just so a better team can sign him? And second if his value is this good why not just hold on to him until the trade deadline, where contenders may be desperate to move assets to add him then for upcoming playoff push?!

i just don’t see the value in buying out his contract since it doesn’t create additional cap space

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JTB said:

@NBASupes....not being a smart ass just trying to get some clarification. 

What good does this do the hawks to buyout crabbes contract just so a better team can sign him? And second if his value is this good why not just hold on to him until the trade deadline, where contenders may be desperate to move assets to add him then for upcoming playoff push?!

i just don’t see the value in buying out his contract since it doesn’t create additional cap space

Doing a solid is what they call it. Mainly to join a better team during the season but at this time of the year, it's for minutes in a role where that player can get paid again. Especially if he is just late rotation guy for us. It would create the min salary with an agreed buyout but it's not that big of a deal. 

You do realize that a buyout usually only saves a minimum amount of money.

Player makes $25 million.  Knows he can get a partial MLE elsewhere and play.  Hawks Buy him out for $21 million.  He signs for $4 million elsewhere. Hawks save $4 million off cap (its more complicated than that, math is a bit wonky but you get the idea). We would only do it if we need that $4 million to sign someone else.  The player gets the difference. There is no financial incentive for the player to take the buyout, only playing time.  In the above scenario, the player still gets $25 million.  Player needs to know from another team his situation improves on the court. No other reason to do so.

Only way it "saves" the Hawks more.  Buyout and stretch.  Stretch salary for lets say 2 years.  Buyout $25, signs for 4 million elsewhere.  Hawks on hook for $21 million. Hawks stretch like this $15 million this year, 3 million next and 3 million the next.  Hawks save $10 million this year giving them $24 million total to spend in free agency.  Okay so imagine there are $24 million in players we want this year and it would help us contend for a playoff spot, top 4 seed, something.....sure we'd do it.  But also realize our salary cap is effectively $3 million lower the next 3 years so we are hamstringing ourselves.  I don't see where "your friend's" insider knowledge makes a bit of sense.  Waiving all this year is a minimal savings an only really serves to create another roster spot which would also absorb the salary saved by resigning a vet into that space...a deal we could have just as easily done by waiving the 2 players ourselves with no trade.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, GameTime said:

We already did a solid for Bazemore. I'm done with solids.

I was done in 2013, after this..Jeremy Tyler warrior trade. We helped the scrubs. No mas favors.

On February 21, 2013, Tyler was traded to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for a future second-round pick[16] and waived on March 6 by the Hawks after appearing in just one game.[17]

• Like 1

Most fans hate teams who do solids like Atlanta and Sacramento. They prefer Utah and this season's Memphis strategy but players and agents love it and tend to punish you when its time to sign FA deals or extend their contracts. While the teams who are management friendly like Atlanta and Sacramento are highly coveted by FAs and even get players are market friendly deals. 

So it matters. Utah tends to have to pay a premium so maybe that has a lot to do why they tend to be organizational more than management friendly.

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Most fans hate teams who do solids like Atlanta and Sacramento. They prefer Utah and this season's Memphis strategy but players and agents love it and tend to punish you when its time to sign FA deals or extend their contracts. While the teams who are management friendly like Atlanta and Sacramento are highly coveted by FAs and even get players are market friendly deals. 

So it matters. Utah tends to have to pay a premium so maybe that has a lot to do why they tend to be organizational more than management friendly.

I’m only gonna believe this if it pays us dividends..and it hasn’t throughout the years. It’s kind of like what they want you to believe if ur a small brother to a Laker or Celtic organization. Bunch of BS if u ask me.

JUST SO YOU DON'T FORGET:

Travis is still working through the Dwight Howard deal.  Remember where Plumlee came from?  That's right, in the deal where we shed DH.  And, now the Hawks have traded Plumlee away.

When you toss a pebble in still water, the waves created go on and on.  Hawks are still feeling the waves from DH as Parsons joins Atlanta.  Rumors flying all around that he may be bought out, if the price is right.  On the other hand, we may keep him as a Hawk and see how he fits and, if he is healthy at the trade deadline, who knows what might happen.

:smug:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Travis is still working through the Dwight Howard deal.

Like your comment about the waves go on and on. A great first move by Travis that really is still playing out, pretty funny considering its been two years now.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, sturt said:

We're talking the same Chandler Parsons, right?

The same one who has played 36 or fewer games each of the last 3 seasons?

I'll go on record that if Parsons misses 10 consecutive games or is projected to be gone 10 games at any stage of the season, he'll be let go.

I’ll go on record that if Parsons makes the opening day roster that he won’t be cut before the trade deadline.  He will be traded or bought out after the deadline.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’ll go on record that if Parsons makes the opening day roster that he won’t be cut before the trade deadline.  He will be traded or bought out after the deadline.

Sounds like the makings of an avatar bet?

Will anyone take your challenge? @Spud2nique?  You oughta be out for blood after lookin at that avatar for a few months.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

@AHF.... so, he mangles a knee in November and is out for 6-8 weeks... but you're saying Schlenk won't cut him?

Where's that betting parlor thingee?

I've gotta get in on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Sounds like the makings of an avatar bet?

Will anyone take your challenge? @Spud2nique?  You oughta be out for blood after lookin at that avatar for a few months.

I might sit out on any future bets unless it involves the Knicks winning or anything 😆 then I’m in.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

@AHF.... so, he mangles a knee in November and is out for 6-8 weeks... but you're saying Schlenk won't cut him?

Where's that betting parlor thingee?

I've gotta get in on this one.

Let me try explaining this again.  The only benefit in cutting someone is in saving salary and creating a roster spot....if he A) mangled a knee and B) isn't able to play this year, then there is no benefit to cutting. He is placed on unable to perform and we can fill his roster spot, since no one will sign him and it would be NBASupes taking another avatar bet level stupid to stretch him at that point, there is no money savings to waive him. He just rehabs, stays away from the general team and gets high fives from a personal trainer.

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're due for a win, mayne.

😆 I don’t think I am. I’m the next day walk of shame gambler in Vegas. Walking 🚶 away with Luka. 🤦🏽‍♂️ uhhhh... 

Here I am sitting near an ocean 🌊 with the breeze hitting me yet I won’t jump in as I’m waiting on a Woj bomb 💣 Kawhi to Clippers or at least stay 🦖 ‘s! No Lakers ever.

Fine I’ll jump in the 💧. The people just wanna see me wet. What, I’m not gonna give them what they want?