• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign F Jabari Parker

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Much appreciated, makes my point the Hawks aren't "near the bottom" of the league as far as health is concerned. Middle of the pack since 2015, a year before our new med staff came onboard with Schlenk. Note: Chelsea Lane didn't even arrive until last season.

Only 7-8 teams were worse? O.K.

2014-09-20-roseglassesHP.gif

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Only 7-8 teams were worse? O.K.

2014-09-20-roseglassesHP.gif

11 teams were worse, and that's even including 2 seasons before Schlenk and new med staff arrived. 3 seasons before Chelsea Lane got here. O.K. :facts3: 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, hazer said:

11 teams were worse, and that's even including 2 seasons before Schlenk and new med staff arrived. 3 seasons before Chelsea Lane got here. O.K. :facts3: 

Here is last year

From yesterday, NBA top 5, most games missed by injured players.

CLE 278

DEN 270

PHI 243

CHI 231

ATL 219

D2WPdxMWwAA0GrN.png

• Moderators

Probably not a coincidence that 4 of the top 7 were teams aiming to be in the top of the lottery.  Teams sometimes have an incentive to lean into injuries when draft position is an issue.  (Example:  Mike Conley could have reportedly returned but was held out to ensure no further injury and to max odds for lottery pick.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GameTime said:

Is it too early to say Jabari might be our second best rebounder on the team?

Nope.  He can box out his position and grab contested boards better than Len.   Doesn’t mind contact at all so he’s gonna rack up loose ball fouls drawn.   Very aggressive with size mismatches.  Even after the 2 ACLs he still gets off the floor much quicker than someone his size should.  If he can have a breakthrough in terms of conditioning 6th Man is definately in reach.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Here is last year

From yesterday, NBA top 5, most games missed by injured players.

CLE 278

DEN 270

PHI 243

CHI 231

ATL 219

D2WPdxMWwAA0GrN.png

Rassler/Schlank/El-P were shooting for Top 5 lottery spot, you can qualify that 219 with that fact. You think Plumlee was only on the injured list for an injury? Peooooo :laugh1:

17 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

We still need a back up PG and a starting C.

It's a distinct possibility and wouldn't surprise me. But if not:

Young/Turner/Bembry/Reddish

Len/Bruno/Collins/Jones

I wouldn't hate an upgrade at backup PG and starting C, but I think were set at the 1 and any upgrade at C will probably be a backup.

• Like 4

Think now it is a young but pretty normal looking rotation for the most part at C. Len, Bruno and Jones. Understanding that we of course will be experimenting with the greyhound squad here and there with JC at center. Expecting alley-oops galore with that particular one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Think now it is a young but pretty normal looking rotation for the most part at C. Len, Bruno and Jones. Understanding that we of course will be experimenting with the greyhound squad here and there with JC at center. Expecting alley-oops galore with that particular one.

Eggzackly. I think the actual usage will be Len/Fernando/Collins/Jones. C is pretty much covered, unless a vet on the decline (Pau Gasol?) can be brought in cheap as a backup. Barring something crazy happening, a starter quality won’t be brought in ahead of Len.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see what Jones does bring. Can block a shot so you would think on the other end a pick n roll could occur without too much coaching. Trae will force that issue do think. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, hazer said:

It's a distinct possibility and wouldn't surprise me. But if not:

Young/Turner/Bembry/Reddish

Len/Bruno/Collins/Jones

I wouldn't hate an upgrade at backup PG and starting C, but I think were set at the 1 and any upgrade at C will probably be a backup.

Did we already drop Adams and I missed it?

• Premium Member

...hmmmm...

...which, theoretically, would open up another PF slot on the SAS roster, riiiiiiiiiiiight???

Just sayin.

And I just looked... there doesn't appear to have been any official announcement by the Hawks that the Parker signing is done.

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Did we already drop Adams and I missed it?

This is me hoping 😬🤞🏽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2